2012 Player X v Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player X v Player Y

Heppell....

Rocky v Murphy

which 2 of Enright v Shaw v birch v suckling

Murphy is a jet and will continue to average 100+ this year, Rocky on the other hand has really stamped his authority as a great DTer over the past year. I think Murphy given his experience and with Carlton's improving midfield might be the safer/more consistent option IMO. Although Rocky will be "more unique" so go with which one you prefer.

I would go with Shaw and Birchall. Enright is ageing and Suckling might be capable of big big games, but if you want consistency and improvement, i would say Birchall.

^^ I don't know, I think Rocky might be pretty popular this year although both Murphy and Rocky might be playres people pick up after the byes.

OK, Malceski Vs Duffman Vs Waters

Leanng towards Malceski if he has a decent NAB cup as the Swans have a pretty easy start to the season.

^^ I don't know, I think Rocky might be pretty popular this year although both Murphy and Rocky might be playres people pick up after the byes.

Leanng towards Malceski if he has a decent NAB cup as the Swans have a pretty easy start to the season.

I actually see Duffman as a smokey to be honest.

How would folks rank Jacobs, Luey and Mumford... Ruck prem decision is killing me!

Go Jack Grimes, leadership to bring on a 90pt avg... body must be feeling good as you don't nominate captain to only play 5 games a year... May be like chappy post his hamstring problems... it can happen!

Ok this isnt really a player vs player but assess these defences please

D1 - Scotland, Goddard, Deledio, Grimes, Clarke, Ellis, Morris
or
D2 - Goddard, Heppell, Birchall, Deledio, Clarke, Ellis, Morris

Ok this isnt really a player vs player but assess these defences please

D1 - Scotland, Goddard, Deledio, Grimes, Clarke, Ellis, Morris
or
D2 - Goddard, Heppell, Birchall, Deledio, Clarke, Ellis, Morris

So your saying Heppell + Birchall vs Grimes + Scottland?

Your guaranteed a zero in R13 with both

I actually see Duffman as a smokey to be honest.

How would folks rank Jacobs, Luey and Mumford... Ruck prem decision is killing me!

Go Jack Grimes, leadership to bring on a 90pt avg... body must be feeling good as you don't nominate captain to only play 5 games a year... May be like chappy post his hamstring problems... it can happen!

Barlow v Shuey Both priced just above 400k and hoping either will stay in side as M6.

Leaning towards Shuey only because Freo have byes along with Pies and Geelong. Am i thinking about the bye rounds too much in planning a side that will play 10 rounds before the byes hit?

W.C. Fry said:
Barlow v Shuey Both priced just above 400k and hoping either will stay in side as M6.

Leaning towards Shuey only because Freo have byes along with Pies and Geelong. Am i thinking about the bye rounds too much in planning a side that will play 10 rounds before the byes hit?

Hint: One of these players has nearly averaged 110 before, one has not.

My dilema is:

L. Hayes + J. Brown

V

M. Murphy + J. Porplyzia

I'm definately leaning towards the second option as it is taking just the one risk instead of two. If something goes wrong (injury or terrible scoring) for Porp I can always trade him to a rookie and bank the difference. However, as long as he is fit he should have good JS compared to a rookie and should earn me some money.

That said, Hayes is seriously undervalued based on what he can do and I would hate to miss out on him. If he explodes there will be no easy way for me to get him in while he is still cheap. His age and durability is very risky though. Brown I don't really expect anything special from, he would just maintain or slightly increase in value while providing decent week to week scores until I upgrade him to a premium.

Edit: To make it a bit harder what if it was one of Pendles/Boyd/Murphy + Porp V Hayes/N.Riewoldt. These combos are possible if I free up another 30k (which is likely considering the amount of changes the Nab cup will cause to my team)

My dilema is:

L. Hayes + J. Brown

V

M. Murphy + J. Porplyzia

I'm definately leaning towards the second option as it is taking just the one risk instead of two. If something goes wrong (injury or terrible scoring) for Porp I can always trade him to a rookie and bank the difference. However, as long as he is fit he should have good JS compared to a rookie and should earn me some money.

That said, Hayes is seriously undervalued based on what he can do and I would hate to miss out on him. If he explodes there will be no easy way for me to get him in while he is still cheap. His age and durability is very risky though. Brown I don't really expect anything special from, he would just maintain or slightly increase in value while providing decent week to week scores until I upgrade him to a premium.

Edit: To make it a bit harder what if it was one of Pendles/Boyd/Murphy + Porp V Hayes/N.Riewoldt. These combos are possible if I free up another 30k (which is likely considering the amount of changes the Nab cup will cause to my team)

Murph & Porps....

Question:

K Stevens V T Mitchell

&

which TWO of Shaw v Broughton v Heppel v Birchall v Suckling (sure others are facing the same problem)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murph & Porps....

Question:

K Stevens V T Mitchell

&

which TWO of Shaw v Broughton v Heppel v Birchall v Suckling (sure others are facing the same problem)

With Embers injury i'd go Stevens - been on the list a little bit and West Coast showed last year that if you're good enough, you'll play no matter your age. Stevens' pre-season is shaping up very well. Sub is a factor though - however same can be said of Mitchell.

I love Hawks DT scoring so honestly i'd be tempted to go both Birchall and Suckling - risky, but i just think the scoring potential is there. Look at NAB for the others, that's their main issue, where will they be used. Shaw probably the best to look at though given his elevation to leadership group.

For me...

Pendlebury (1 of 4 premo mids) + starting Giles/Stephenson in ruck with 4th ruck being 80k player.

OR

starting two premo rucks with giles & stephenson bench + 3 premo 3 rookie starting mid?

hope that's not too complex.

@ name less, its a bit risky banking on giles/stephenson to average any more than 60-70. Watch them closely in the Nab cup, but i would go for the 3 premium mids and 3 rookies in midfield, most rookie mids start the season of with a bang then die in the arse so utilise there rapid increase before upgrading. Although i will be keeping a close eye of giles, can save a lot of money if he performs well enough to be considered a 2nd ruck, ala zac smith.

for me:

J.Waite vs A.Didak --> didak is having a great preseason and if you look at his stats in 07 were he was injury riddled he averaged 60 odd, then the next 3 season he averaged over 90. Waite, so much DT potential, can he stay fit? carlton supporters how is he traveling?

Broughton vs Scotland --> bear in mind broughton is 80k cheaper, how will he score? will scotland have another blinder of a season?

Beams vs Chapman --> thoughts?

cheers.

Don't forget to look out that Scotland may be suspended for the first few rounds due to his brawl in a club.

Beams vs Pav vs O'Keefe is my headache.

Barlow v Hayes???????

Have gone with neither my self, both with new coaches, both potentially new roles/game time modifications... If i had to call one, would go with Barlow, but i stress not with any confidence.

Which one of Sandi, Leuey and Jacobs?

Leaning to Jacobs, think he will push for try premium average this year, etc....

Peoples thoughts on the above three?

Agree with Keystone unless a miracle happens during the NAB cub

Leuey or Jacobs

and

Ellis v Morris

I kind of like Jacobs because of his fixture - i think he really hammers it over the poorer teams. But he isn't overly consistent. Luey showed why he was taken so high in the draft and should continue on.

If anything, maybe Jacobs because he's cheaper? But either way i think you'll be good.

As for Ellis v Morris - NAB cup watcher, atm i only have Ellis and i've got him potentially starting.

For me, definitely one to watch over NAB is the form and playing style of Kruezer v Macintosh.

Would love for one of these guys to be a cheap gun ruck, saving a lot of cash and locking them away in the rucks. Both seem to be travelling well in pre-season and Kruezer looks set for more midfield time. Can't wait to see how they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back