2012 Player X v Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player X v Player Y

I've gone with Rocky as a slight POD, Redden would be even more unique in my opinion... he is a legit option though.

1. Leuey v Sandi (sole prem ruck)

2. Goodes v Buddy v Cloke v SJ (which two)

3. Mitch Robinson v zaha v Sidebottom (again, which two)

Leuenberger is ready to take the next step this year I believe, showed it in the 2nd half of last season, I still think that Sandilands is capable of being the highest scoring ruckman in terms of average but he is too much of a risk with injury these days.

Buddy is a no brainer for me, will be the highest scoring forward in the competition, only slight concern is missing a game or 2 and Cloke seems to be getting better every year, takes a lot of marks and kicks goals. These 2 are on the up and the other 2 are getting older and might have injury concerns.

The last one, I couldn't really split them, Robinson and Sidebottom because they are in teams that are likely to win more games?

Mine is, do I trust N Roo to get back to somewhere near his best this season or do I go with one of Sidebottom, Zaha or Robinson and back them to take that next step this year and really become elite scoring players?

N Roo has done it, but can he do it and again, the other 3 have not yet but are they capable?

Thoughts?

I've got a good feeling barlow and hayes will both be back to tearing it up pretty early on.

any thoughts on redden vs rockliff?

v similar average last year, but maybe one will take it a step further this year...

I am going rocky for 1 and only 1 reason..

Rockliff plays like Swan/Murphy (UC Marks, kicks and goals)
Redden plays like Pendles/Black (Tackles and Handballs alot)

Both are probably going to score very well this year... I just think Rocky's style will make him better for DT

I am going rocky for 1 and only 1 reason..

Rockliff plays like Swan/Murphy (UC Marks, kicks and goals)
Redden plays like Pendles/Black (Tackles and Handballs alot)

Both are probably going to score very well this year... I just think Rocky's style will make him better for DT

Rocky avg over 122 for the alst half of the year. He also has a great bye for the mids.The end.

How much are you gonna need Zorko in the first few rounds even if he doesnt make it round 1? are you going to have 2 other players missing in the forwards? in the first 1-3 rounds? unlikely would have to be bad luck.

Your not gong to upgrade many players before the bye round so Zorko has plenty of time to make his cash.

How much are you gonna need Zorko in the first few rounds even if he doesnt make it round 1? are you going to have 2 other players missing in the forwards? in the first 1-3 rounds? unlikely would have to be bad luck.

Your not gong to upgrade many players before the bye round so Zorko has plenty of time to make his cash.

I like to get 2 free games to have a look at him. Then can downgrade an injured our underperforming player...his injury could be recurring, u never know...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exception to the rule.

Sure he was a great pickup but it won't work 9 times out of 10. And even if you do miss, not a big deal, nothing that a sideways trade before the price rise can't fix.

There have been a few others

Podsiadlly?
Rockliff?

Just to name some of the best rookies of all time

I guess you can always downgrade to him after 2 games, but if he starts playing round 2 or 3 it probably aint gonna be worth it. Although it probably isn't worth the risk. However im going risky and not taking it as seriously this year as i will be away for long periods.

Remember all those people that did the same thing with Hibberd last year... and then everyone else downgraded a cashed up rookie to him...

Sandi
Buddy and Cloke
Sidebottom and one of the other two.

Sandi and who?

I like Sidebottom, dpp and bound to get a 15-20 point bounce IMO.

Gibbs v Thomas

Murphy v Selwood

Montagna v Griffin (leaning towards Monty)

Mitchell v Redden v Thompson

Watson v Swallow (leaning towards Jobe)

Risch v Hodge (leaning towards Luke)

Cotchin v Van Berlo v Wells (leaning towards Trent, afraid that this is bias emerging)

I'm thinking Robinson v Sidebottom v Lewis v Zaha v Martin v Fyfe is a false choice given it seems many people will pick them all, pokemon style.

Low/Mid price dilemma...

Connors v Hargrave
M Clarke v Bower
Lake v Armstrong
Caddy v Lucas
Trengove v Shuey
Sloane v Curnow
Barlow v Hayes
Bartel v Montagna
Kruezer v McIntosh

Low/Mid price dilemma...

Connors v Hargrave
M Clarke v Bower
Lake v Armstrong
Caddy v Lucas
Trengove v Shuey
Sloane v Curnow
Barlow v Hayes
Bartel v Montagna
Kruezer v McIntosh

I would go.

Connors
Clarke
Lake
Lucas
Trengove
????????????
Hayes (not both saints though)
Montagna (not both saints though)
Kruezer

I would go.

Connors
Clarke
Lake
Lucas
Trengove
????????????
Hayes (not both saints though)
Montagna (not both saints though)
Kruezer

Thanks Spider :thumbsu: It's great to get a second opinion. Much appreciated. :)

Unlike many in DT land, I see a lot of bargain buys this year (apart from the obvious ones), I reckon a few low/mid priced 3-4th year players are ready to explode and become bona fide premiums (and some former super premiums to rise to the top again) ...picking the right ones is the hard part.... :-/

Whats with the false thinking of you cant pick 2 players who play for the same team in the same position ala Hayes and Montagna. It doesnt matter who they play for. It would be the same as picking Hayes and Ablett or Montagna and Ablett. Nothing wrong with it. You probably just dont want to have 3 in the same position that share the same bye round eg: having Hayes, Monty and Ablett all in the same side. R13 could get interesting for you.

Christiansen V Brown
Beams v Fyfe

Thoughts?

Not sure on Beams vs Fyfe, just because of Fyfe's sugery etc.

I'd go Christensen over Brown, he's young and based on his end to 2011 looking to have a ripper year and doesn't keep smashing his head into people's hard parts.

also, because he had so many sub affected scores, he's cheaper than he should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back