11. Melbourne 10 12
12. St Kilda 9 13
13. Adelaide 9 13
14. Gold Coast 8 14
15. Brisbane 7 15
16. Western 7 15
17. Port 6 16
18. GWS 0 22

not bad about right with north high bc of the draw.

Of course you said we would be lucky to win 5 games last year, so, you, know....

I think the fact that you've been crying about it for a whole year now to the point of PM'ing me whenever Essendon won a match is more satisfying than being right ever would have been.

I think the fact that you've been crying about it for a whole year now to the point of PM'ing me whenever Essendon won a match is more satisfying than being right ever would have been.

No crying here just pointing out to you, as i did before the season even started, how wrong you were going to be and how i told you we would win 10 games at least, to which you said i was deluded.

Anyway, it's great that you can take so much delight from being proven wrong time and time again but i suppose that's what happens when you get a lot of practice at something.

BTW, how many will we win this year?

Last year I predicted on the equivalent thread that the Dogs would slide big time, miss the finals and dump Eade before season's end.

Some people are worth listening to.

In June 2011?

1. Hawthorn
2. Geelong
3. Collingwood (hard draw)
4. Carlton
5. Fremantle
6. North (Easy draw)
7. West Coast (think Carlton and Fremantle will be better than them, North just have an easy draw)
8. Essendon

9. Richmond (very unlucky)
10. Sydney (Will be back in 2013)
11. Adelaide
12. St Kilda
13. Melbourne
14. Bulldogs
15. Brisbane
16. Gold Coast
17. Port
18. GWS

Think GWS will probably be the only easy beats. Probably will not have the blow outs we had this year.

1. Hawthorn
2. Geelong
3. Collingwood (hard draw)
4. Carlton
5. Fremantle
6. North (Easy draw)
7. West Coast (think Carlton and Fremantle will be better than them, North just have an easy draw)
8. Essendon

9. Richmond (very unlucky)
10. Sydney (Will be back in 2013)
11. Adelaide
12. St Kilda
13. Melbourne
14. Bulldogs
15. Brisbane
16. Gold Coast
17. Port
18. GWS

Think GWS will probably be the only easy beats. Probably will not have the blow outs we had this year.

I lol'ed. :footy:

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Carlton
4. Geelong
5. Sydney
6. West Coast
7. Essendon
8. Fremantle
9. North
10. GC
11. Richmond
12. Adelaide
13. St Kilda
14. Melbourne
15. Bulldogs
16. Brisbane
17. Port
18. GWS

I see GWS winning two games, three maximum (probably catch a team or two slacking)

I lol'ed. :footy:

Ohh sorry I had Brisbane on 11th than did the whole ohh I forgot about this team and that team is better so you guys ended up 15th. Its not like this is the way its going to happen. There is a good chance that North will choke. Sydney can also finish as high as 5th. You just never know with that team.

Most of the time this isn't you.

It's not as if that prediction was some sort of visionary statement. We were either going to remain good, or drop off considerably given the talent we had lost. And Eade was told at the start of the year Grand Final or bust.

I know. So many Dogs fans agreed with me. LOL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can you name the 6 teams below you?

There could be quite alot of teams that could potentially fit into that 6, depending on the lions, and other teams in the league travel throughout the season. Certainties are GWS and GC, others could include Adelaide, Port, bulldogs, demons or saints.

There could be quite alot of teams that could potentially fit into that 6, depending on the lions, and other teams in the league travel throughout the season. Certainties are GWS and GC, others could include Adelaide, Port, bulldogs, demons or saints.

I am not so sure about GC I reckon with some more support Ablett will be able to so real damage instead of being double teamed in every game... I don't think teams will be able to play the Suns the same way they did last year and I think they may get some wins because of that.

I know. So many Dogs fans agreed with me. LOL.

Part of being a footy fan is being optimistic about your team.

So where'd you predict North would finish then, Einstein? I bet you didn't predict you'd go nowhere and get belted whenever it mattered.

No Brad Ottens will hurt the Cats. Big dent I think. Hopefully still a premiership chance.

You're not wrong there it will hurt. He was a massive weapon in that center square. Losing him and Ling will hurt a lot i reckon

I think the teams bolded are those that will finish higher, but tbh I do think Brisbane can finish much higher than the 15th that I put them in. Wouldn't be surprised if they finish 9th-10th as from what I have seen this year, they were much better than what they finished. Pushed Geelong, Collingwood and West Coast to the limit. Also lost to teams like Adelaide and Fremantle in the last minute. Very bright future for Brisbane I reckon. :thumbsu:

I think the teams bolded are those that will finish higher, but tbh I do think Brisbane can finish much higher than the 15th that I put them in. Wouldn't be surprised if they finish 9th-10th as from what I have seen this year, they were much better than what they finished. Pushed Geelong, Collingwood and West Coast to the limit. Also lost to teams like Adelaide and Fremantle in the last minute. Very bright future for Brisbane I reckon. :thumbsu:

I'm not as bullish about the Lions, but pulling out of the mooted McGuane trade shows Crazy Vossy is at least less crazy these days.

I reckon Adelaide will make the 8 this year. Nothing at all to do with skill, but they have 5-6 wins pocketed already as they verse GC, GWS and Port twice and only do need 6 other wins against other clubs to make the cut. Now seeing how Adelaide have performed in some games this year makes you think that they'd be able to make finals on their own accord, without a cheap, easy fixture.

This is my top 8, based on the draw.
1) Collingwood (Still champs, even with an ugly draw, there is still a pretty large gap between them and the rest of the comp.)
2) Carlton Young list with some huge stars with a super fixture too. Only upside for now.)
3) Hawthorn (Rough draw will hinder their chances of success.) (
4) Geelong (Ling and Ottens gone will really hurt. They could pull a 2010 and just bounce back next year, but you'd think that they are beginning to degenerate.)
5) Essendon (Their fixture wasn't as pleasing as what the Bombers were expecting but their young and talented list will most likely make up for it.)
6) West Coast (In my opinion, above teams apart from Essendon are better and their fixture isn't as strong as last year to secure their spot.)
7) Adelaide (Read post above for reasons.)
8) North Melbourne (They're on the border of the 8 in terms of skill but the easy fixture just tips it to their favour,)

Top 8 according to skill.
1) Collingwood (Classy list and are probably hungry for revenge.)
2) Hawthorn (Dark horse for the premiership as their list is nearly just as good as Collingwood.)
3) Geelong (Still one of the best in the game, Ling and Ottens are massive losses but are still the goliaths of the competition.)
4) Carlton (Young team, huge upside. Just a talented KPF away from true success.)
5) West Coast (Great list, their young talent is also promising too.)
6) Essendon (Young and talented team, are still a few years off from being a real threat but will surely have their time.)
7) Fremantle (They're real underdogs, their injuries this year cost them a spot in the 8 but with a fit list, they're bound for finals.)
8) Richmond/North. (These two teams are on par for me. Both have relatively good fixtures, North more but will both be striving for this spot.)

collingwood
hawthorn
carlton
geelong
west coast
richmond
melbourne
essendon

fremantle
north melbourne
sydney
st kilda
adelaide
footscray
brisbane
port adelaide
gold coast
great western sydney

Hawthorn
North Melbourne
Geelong
West Coast
Melbourne
Sydney
Fremantle
Carlton

Collingwood
St Kilda
Port Adelaide
Adelaide
Brisbane
Gold Coast
Essendon
Bulldogs
GWS
Richmond

Hawthorn
North Melbourne
Geelong
West Coast
Melbourne
Sydney
Fremantle
Carlton

Collingwood
St Kilda
Port Adelaide
Adelaide
Brisbane
Gold Coast
Essendon
Bulldogs
GWS
Richmond

I want what you're taking. :D Collingwood and St Kilda not to make the 8. North Melbourne to make the top two. :rolleyes: To make the top two, North Melbourne will have to lose no more than, what 3 - 4 games. :eek:

This is a tricky business isn't it? So many factors to consider, to the point where you're better off not considering them.

Predicting who will slide out of the 8 and who will replace those teams is almost impossible, that's why we generally refer to it as a surprise packet.

Here's my take, with a slight explanation for each team/position.

1. Collingwood

There's absolutely no reason for them to suddenly drop off. They're young, talented and should be hungry after missing out on a chance to go back to back. I also think they'll respond to Buckley better than most people are predicting, unfortunately.

2. Fremantle

Barring injuries, they've got one of the best lists in the league and play at a ground which should give them a huge advantage if they can get their best team on the park more often than not. I espect Fyfe to have a blinder of a year, not sure why.

3. Geelong

Bartel, Selwood, Chapman, Christensen etc.

4. Hawthorn

I don't see them leapfrogging their way to #1 like a lot of people, but a lot depends on Franklin having another incredible season. If he kicks close to 100 goals they're almost unstoppable.

5. Carlton

A midfield of Judd, Murphy and Gibbs is just too scary to have them any lower.

6. North Melbourne

I'm basing this purely on what I keep reading about their list and adding the fact they have the easiest draw this has to be the season they step up. If not 2012, then when?

7. West Coast

2011 wasn't a fluke, but a lot went right. If Kerr, Cox and Glass have a year equal to this one then they'll prove me wrong.

8. Sydney

This is a little more pessimistic than my usual 5th-6th prediction for the Swans, but I see 2012 as a season of consolidation for the younger guys. We'll get games into Mitchell, Lamb, Walsh etc and hopefully have a really strong young core for 2013.

9. Brisbane

My second bolter after the Dockers, I see Voss steering this team to the brink of the finals before they fade away over the last month of the season. If J.Brown plays 15+ games they could make the top 8.

10. St. Kilda

This one has the potential to bite me on the arse, because there's still a lot of talent on that list. They'll either stagnate or fall off the pace, but I'll go with the latter.

11. Essendon

To put it simply, I don't know enough about their list to have them any higher. At a glance I can imagine a few other teams improving more than the Bombers will, making it difficult for them to climb.

12. Adelaide

I might be the only one who doesn't think their draw will make much difference. Prepared to risk egg on face and say they'll be a fair way off it.

13. Richmond

Other than their midfield (which borders on elite) and Riewoldt, they don't have enough tools to worry many of the teams I've placed above them. We generally get a pretty good idea of where they're at in round one, and it could be ugly again.

14. Melbourne

So much potential, but my guess is they'll drop one more time before making the 8 in 2013. Clark is one of the obvious keys, if he's used correctly and plays to his potential, they might surprise a few.

15. Bulldogs

Another one that could really bite me, as they're one of those weird teams who's output never quite matches the potential, at least not on a regular basis. There's usually a shock slider each year, this time around it'll be the dogs.

16. Port Adelaide

They'll be better, but not by much. Guys like Pearce, Gray, Westhoff and Butcher are vitally important to them having any sort of decent season.

17. Gold Coast

I'm not buying into the room for huge improvement mantra, if they're not outclassed most weeks it'll be impressive. Even at their best you have to remember they're still peppered with young kids who will be inconsistent.

18. Western Sydney

In a word, fodder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back