Melbourne
North Melbourne
Bulldogs
Gold Coast
Lions
Richmond
Port
GWS

Nothing too outrageous, not convinced we'll finish higher than the eagles but I have to say it, it's a membership thing and the draw could tilt it in our favour.

Lions and Richmond will probably finish higher but I'm tipping GC to be competative for a lot longer and in more games.

Hawthorn 18/4
Collingwood 18/4
Geelong 16/6
Carlton 15/7
Fremantle 14/8
Saint Kilda 14/8
Melbourne 12/10
North 12/10
Sydney 11/11
Essendon 11/11
West Coast 11/11
Adelaide 11/11
RIchmond 9/13
Bulldogs 9/13
Brisbane 6/16
GOld COast 3/19
Port 3/19
GWS 0/22

Finals:
Hawthorn beats Carlton
COllingwood beats Geelong
Fremantle beats North
Melbourne beats St. Kilda
Geelong beats Melbourne
Carlton beats Fremantle
Hawthorn beats Geelong
Collingwood beats Carlton

Grand FInal:
Hawthorn beats Collingwood

Coleman: Buddy
Brownlow: Murphy
Premier: Hawthorn
Norm SMith: Buddy
Rising Star: Polec

Having watched some of the footage from our Utah training camp I'll re-iterate what I said earlier.

Barring injury, Ben Cunnington is going to tear 2012 limb from limb.

I want my team, the Bulldogs to finish either top 4(premiership contendership) or bottom 4(Superdraft) next year. Don't want us to finish any pointless place in between. At this point though, I think Bottom 4 might be more likely.

1. Hawthorn
2. Carlton
3. Collingwood
4. West Coast
5. Geelong
6. Essendon
7. Fremantle
8. Melbourne
9. Adelaide
10. North Melbourne
11. Gold Coast
12. Sydney
13. Richmond
14. St. Kilda
15. Brisbane
16. Western Bulldogs
17. Port Adelaide
18. GWS

Premiers: Carlton
Brownlow: Gary Ablett Jnr
Coleman: Lance Franklin
Norm Smith: Chris Judd
Rising Star: Mitch Wallis

Having watched some of the footage from our Utah training camp I'll re-iterate what I said earlier.

Just like you said about Ziebell after last season. New bay 13 thread:

Ben Cunnington Utah- looking forward to the flogspin?

Sounds like he's a cross between the Incredible Hulk and King Kong! Barring injury? Sound like he might be the only player left to take the field each week - rest of the players will be on the sidelines looking-on with their new prosthetic limbs after having crossed Ben's path!:D

Collingwood, and then daylight
Agreed - I think people are forgetting how far ahead of the rest of the field (bar Geelong) the Pies were for 90% of 2011! I'd love them to drop off, but would be seriously surprised if they're not top 2.

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Carlton
4. Geelong
5. Fremantle
6. West Coast
7. Essendon
8. Melbourne
--------------------------------------------------------------
9. North Melbourne
10. St. Kilda
11. Sydney
12. Adelaide
13. Richmond
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Port Adelaide
16. Brisbane
17. Gold Coast
18. GWS

Premiership - Hawthorn
Brownlow - Pendlebury
Coleman - J. Kennedy

I think Collingwood have fired their shot, they will slide down the ladder, particularly with their draw. Hawks could win the flag, though.

This would be the Jack Ziebell who became the youngest ever player to record 40+ touches and demonstrated that at full fitness, he's an excellent midfielder with plenty of scope for improvement?

yet another prediction I got right last year.

Sounds like he's a cross between the Incredible Hulk and King Kong! Barring injury? Sound like he might be the only player left to take the field each week - rest of the players will be on the sidelines looking-on with their new prosthetic limbs after having crossed Ben's path!:D

Given he had serious injuries in both his pre-seasons so far, we've never really seen him at full fitness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want my team, the Bulldogs to finish either top 4(premiership contendership) or bottom 4(Superdraft) next year. Don't want us to finish any pointless place in between. At this point though, I think Bottom 4 might be more likely.

1. Hawthorn
2. Carlton
3. Collingwood
4. West Coast
5. Geelong
6. Essendon
7. Fremantle
8. Melbourne
9. Adelaide
10. North Melbourne
11. Gold Coast
12. Sydney
13. Richmond
14. St. Kilda
15. Brisbane
16. Western Bulldogs
17. Port Adelaide
18. GWS

Premiers: Carlton
Brownlow: Gary Ablett Jnr
Coleman: Lance Franklin
Norm Smith: Chris Judd
Rising Star: Mitch Wallis

I like it

I'll have a crack but bear in mind my opinions are worthless and obsolete:

1. Hawthorn (have a good team of young players that will only get better)
2. Collingwood (won't reach the heights of last year with a new coach)
3. Geelong (getting older, softer, slower but not much lower)
4. Carlton (might finally find some consistency and get into the GF)
5. Fremantle (finally ready to step among the big boys, could cause a few upsets)
6. West Coast (consistent but will struggle to find last year's form)
7. Essendon (giant killers but need to beat teams in the bottom half more often)
8. Sydney (always manage to find a way to sneak into the 8)
--------------------------------------------------------------
9. Richmond (too unpredictable so I'll go for the trusty 9th)
10. St. Kilda (low expectations that will hopefully be exceeded, I'll be stoked with a top 8 finish)
11. North (can't see them being a threat but have been a decent mid-table team in recent years)
12. Melbourne (have bottomed out for too long but are going the right way about turning things around, new coach, fresh start, but still off the pace)
13. Bulldogs (hard to predict if they'll make a comeback into the 8 or blow it like last year, too inconsistent)
14. Gold Coast (might win a few more than their debut season, but will have to be lucky to finish much higher, GAJ the difference)
15. Brisbane (ready for a changing of the Queensland guard)
16. Adelaide (will be happy enough to finish above Port, another bad year for South Australian football is ahead)
17. Port (average list that isn't looking any better than last year)
18. GWS (making up the numbers)

GF: Hawks v Blues, Hawks by 14
Coleman: Buddy Franklin
Brownlow: Marc Murphy
Rising Star: Josh Caddy

I'll have a crack but bear in mind my opinions are worthless and obsolete:

1. Hawthorn (have a good team of young players that will only get better)
2. Collingwood (won't reach the heights of last year with a new coach)
3. Geelong (getting older, softer, slower but not much lower)
I see what you did there
I like your use of words

Ziebell? Really? Still flogging that one. Who knows how Ben will go next year but Ziebell is as sure a thing as Pharlap with a starving jockey on board.

I see what you did there
I like your use of words

I started off with Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger but only opposites I could originally think of with Softer, Worser, Slower, Weaker.

I don't think Worser is a word. Unless it gets worse than worse...which is worser? :confused:

This would be the Jack Ziebell who became the youngest ever player to record 40+ touches and demonstrated that at full fitness, he's an excellent midfielder with plenty of scope for improvement?

yet another prediction I got right last year.

daw ive said this before hes not the youngest. w cambell had 41p's on june 27 1992 v carlton at 19years v jack at 20 years this year. ive no idea if this is the record but jack doesnt have it.

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Fremantle
4. Carlton
5. Geelong
6. North Melbourne
7. West Coast
8. Richmond

9. Melbourne
10. Sydney
11. St Kilda
12. Brisbane
13. Essendon
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Adelaide
16. Gold Coast
17. Port Adelaide
18. GWS

daw ive said this before hes not the youngest. w cambell had 41p's on june 27 1992 v carlton at 19years v jack at 20 years this year. ive no idea if this is the record but jack doesnt have it.

Campbell is #1 and Ziebell #2 on stats available at the AFL Tables site. For the record, the top ten is rounded out by Phil Egan, Mick McGuane, Robert Harvey (x3), Brian Wilson, Scott Russell, Bruce Abernethy & Garry Wilson (eq 10th). Not a bad list.

Remember that day, Dorotich had a chance to win the game and missed. :thumbsu:

I

For someone who thinks he is some sort of nostradamus, I guess you didn't predict that Ziebell would only fire a shot against bottom 8 opposition when the season was almost gone after not being able to run out a game for the first 12 rounds. Or that Bastinac wouldn't get on the park, and that Hansen would go backwards at a rate of knots?

No, I didn't predict that Ryan would do a knee. Nor that Lachie would do a shoulder/back. I did say that Jack would need to get fitness up.

As for the season being almost over, it was our - comprehensive - win over you that really got our season started.

However, I think my prediction that the Dogs would drop off and miss the 8 and that Eade would be sacked before season end is the one that hurts you most no?

My bad. 2nd youngest then. Still, quite an achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back