2012 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazed by how many have St Kilda in bottom 4. It's actually quite hilarious.

1. Geelong
2. Hawthorn
3. Collingwood
4. Carlton
5. West Coast
6. Sydney
7. North Melbourne
8. St Kilda

9. Essendon
10. Richmond
11. Fremantle
12. Melbourne
13. Western Bulldogs
14. Brisbane Lions
15. Adelaide
16. Gold Coast
17. Port Adelaide
18. GWS

NAB Cup - West Coast
Premiership - Hawthorn
Brownlow - Franklin
Coleman - Pendlebury
:D :eek: :confused:

Good one :))) Is Clokey gonna play mid-field for us :thumbsu:

1. Hawthorn
2. Collingwood
3. Carlton
4. Fremantle
5. Geelong
6. West Coast
7. Sydney
8. North Melbourne
9. Richmond
10. Essendon
11. Adelaide
12. Melbourne
13. St Kilda
14. Brisbane
15. Western Bulldogs
16. Port Adelaide
17. Gold Coast
18. Greater Western Sydney

Hawthorn (injury free has the best list)
Carlton (as long as all their key position players and Judd play 22 games each then they should finish here)
Collingwood (still a great side, losing Brown will hurt more than realised, Jolly injury prone? and Wood average player at best)
Sydney (one last push while Goodes is there. Will give it everything)
Geelong (will have to slip sometime. I put them here for the 2011 season as well so may be wrong again)
Fremantle (less injury and better coach see them go up the ladder)
West Coast (more injuries and harder draw mean they slip a bit)
Essendon (pretty good side, much better than the teams below but much worse then the teams above)
St Kilda (rebuilding but still has some class there, may end up having a geelong type season but im not betting on it)
Richmond (improving, 2 years away from challenging for a premiership)
North Melbourne (no idea what to make of them again? just a guess putting them here)
Brisbane (Will be better than 2011 but not too much)
Western Bulldogs (slipping again, not great list management previously)
Melbourne (3 years away from challengin but till be a very good side when they do. Losing Scully hurts)
Adelaide (im probably underrating them here but I think the teams above them will be better)
Port Adelaide (full rebuild mode)
GC (Ablett still carrying them, young players at least a year off from being real AFL quality)
GWS (if they win a game it will be a miracle)

Premiership. Sydney
Coleman. Franklin
Brownlow. Goodes (will do a swan from this year, should have won it the year before so we will give him extra votes this year to make up for it)

This thread relies on the fact that nobody will remember what was predicted here today. All I can say is Please, please, don't predict Essendon to do well. We don't need that sort of hoodoo.

i know alot wont agree with this but hey its my opinion :)

1st: Geelong: they do have a lot of veterans on there list but there young boys are very good!
2nd: Carlton: Will have a better year with injury's having learned some lessons this year
3rd: Hawthorn: if there list is healthy and Mitchell stays they will do well!
4th: Collingwood: New Coach and a devastating lose will be rough on them, there lesser players will let them down
5th: Fremantle: feel as though they will jump back up.They have all the talent and with sandi and pav getting along they really have to make there move soon
6th: West Coast: being this high is generous IMHO will not get the miracle run with injury's and there fixture will be alot harder after finishing 4th
7th: Essendon: natural improvement into there midfield and talls will see them move up another spot not far of breaking through
8th: North: had some good performances against quality sides!
9th: Sydney: could switch with north really they rarely miss the 8 as we all know
10th: St Kilda: sliding
11th: Richmond: not ready to break into the 8 yet will start weak again and finish strong as usual
12th: Dogs : 12 will be no better then 11
13th: Adelaide: same as the dogs
14th: Brisbane: have some good young kids but with a few departures from the club and browny ageing don't see them much higher unfortunately
15th: Gold Coast: improving
16th: Melbourne: just dont see them getting any where
17th: GWS: seem to be putting together a fairly mature list will win 3 or 4 games
18th: Port adelaide: I hate them :p

Premiers: Geelong
Runners up: Carlton :(
Brownlow: Murphy
Coleman: Franklin
MVP: Bartel
Nab Cup: Carlton

collingwood
geelong
carlton
hawthorn
west coast
sydney
fremantle
nth melb
essendon
st kilda
brisbane
adelaide
western bulldogs
melbourne
richmond
gold coast
port
gws

8. West Coast- One or two injuries to the older boys and there shot. Like freo I think 2013 could be there year

See I don't understand this rationale. I would list our 'older boys' as:

Dean Cox
Darren Glass
Andrew Embley
Mark Nicoski
Quentin Lynch
Daniel Kerr

We have able replacements for each. Mackenzie has proven himself to be a seriously good full back this season and takes the oppositions best forward every week. Embley has Rosa and Gaff competing for his position, if he goes down we can manage. Nicoski is hardly a 'crucial player' and we have plenty of replacements for him should he go down with injury. Lynch was great in 2011 but he tailed off toward the end, and we won games without him (Geelong Rd16), while we only lost one game Kerr wasn't playing in this year, to St Kilda. While we would need him on the park we're hardly 'shot' without him, as he only played roughly 15 games this season anyway, maybe less?

Dean Cox you might have a point about. A very important player, but Naitanui has more than proven himself capable as a number one ruck. Considering Cox was at about 50% capacity in the remaining 6 weeks of this season, I think we can cope if he gets injured. However, it's whether or not Lynch/Lycett will be able to back NN up effectively should the situation arise.

This thread isn't meant for picking each other apart but I just feel this 'reliance' West Coast seem to have on senior players (in the eyes of other fans) is very overstated. :thumbsu:

6th: West Coast: being this high is generous IMHO will not get the miracle run with injury's and there fixture will be alot harder after finishing 4th

It's funny how alot of Carlton supporters' predictions in this thread are full of strong West Coast resentment. Wonder why. :cool:

Collingwood
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Geelong
Carlton
Sydney
West Coast
Richmond

Essendon
North Melbourne
Adelaide
St Kilda
Melbourne
Gold Coast
Western Bulldogs
Brisbane
Port Adelaide
GWS

Premiers: Hawthorn d Geelong
Brownlow: Judd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the way these threads work:

Step 1) Take the 2011 AFL Ladder
Step 2) You must make a change
Step 3) Decide to make a change between the top 8 and bottom 8
Step 4) Pick who you think is the best Bottom 8 Side (which is always 9th, thus North)
Step 5) Pick who you think is the worst Top 8 Side (which is always 8th, thus Essendon)
Step 6) Swap Them

This is always the case. Last year it was Carlton and North. People think that the Top 8 must change so just swap 8th out and 9th in.

I'm not saying the Top 8 won't change, but every year people just decide to swap 8th and 9th and change a bit of the order

Can I add:

Step 1a) Pick your team second. You know you want them to be first, but then it would be too obvious. :D

10) Sydney
IMO, havn't got any room for improvement. Hopefully I get proved wrong.

What a load of bull. We have plenty of room for improvement. Key forwards are our #1 target now and with one that can kick 50+ goals a year there is improvement. Not to mention our youngsters who most of have played in the AFL at some stage.

Everyone just picks us to slide because it's the easy option. Yeah we got terrific seasons out of some older players like Cox, Embley, Glass etc but to honest, that's expected. Glass is an elite defender, we expect him to be class, Cox is a 5 time AA and the best ruck in the comp. We expect him to be good. Embley finding terrific form was a bonus. But the real improvement came from our younger players. NN took strides forward, Kennedy is getting better and more important. Ebert, Masten, Shuey, Scooter, McKenzie, Schofield, Gaff, Darling etc all showed plenty and will get better and better.

I think we will definitely play finals. If we keep our pressure up like we did last season, tackling and forward pressure then there is no reason why we cant finish top 4 again.

None of our veterans are hanging up the boots, maybe they wont put in vintage years like they did this season but you certainly expect guys like Cox and Glass to excel. Embley will have less pressure on him with the emergence of Gaff and Shuey and will profit from that. We did have an alright run with injuries last season although Kerr missed quite a few games. The draw was the draw, it seemed like a horrible draw considering we were so shit. Turned out we werent shit.

I think the draw will play a large part of this, but without knowing that.

1 - Hawthorn (Elite and if Gunston goes there, even better)
2 - Collingwood (Still a champion team)
3 - Carlton (if they sort out their KPF problems)
4 - Geelong (banking on a few experienced heads making way)
5 - Fremantle (I like the look of this list, like it a lot)
6 - West Coast (I think they over performed in 2011, but I could be wrong. Will be very interesting to see)
7 - Richmond (My shock tip is a Yellow and Black revival into the finals).
8 - Sydney (Still have a quality and developing list and Goodes brings it all together)
---
9 - North Melbourne (In the mix for the finals.
10 - Essendon (Just my opinion, but I don't rate them as highly as they achieved this year. Again I may well be wrong and they are definitely in the mix for the finals).
11 - St Kilda (tipping a big slide for the Sainters. Reiwoldt is a key and he looks shot.)
12 - Western Bulldogs (rebuilding time but they still have some decent players but a few too many old heads)
13 - Adelaide (losing a few players still capable)
14 - Melbourne (losing Scully hurts big time and their coaching staff have big question marks... tipping another dip before they rise again)
15 - Brisbane (A disastrous start will see Voss focus on developing a quality side ready to challenge in 4-5 years)
16 - Gold Coast (Will improve on 2011 and get more game time into their up and coming star studded side).
17 - Port Adelaide (Still cellar dwellars in 2012 I'm afraid). They'll build a reasonable list though, wait and see.
18 - GWS (Don't see them getting anywhere near it).

As hard as it is to predict for 2012 without trade or draft periods... one thing I just cannot see happening any other way is West Coast will finish ahead of Freo... the amount of kids/boarder line players that transformed into essential players this year for West Coast is remarkable and even with injuries, they'll be able to cover that

1. Carlton
2. Collingwood
3. Hawthorn
4. Geelong
5. Fremantle
6. West Coast
7. St.Kilda
8. Essendon
9. Brisbane
10. North Melbourne
11. Richmond
12. Bulldogs
13. Port Adelaide
14. Sydney
15. Gold Coast
16. Melbourne
17. Adelaide
18. GWS

HAHAHAHA this thread makes me LOL! every year is exactly the same thing. everyone writes Sydney off and they always prove 90% of people wrong.

Sydney are in better shape for next year than they were at the start of this year. will be knocking on the door of top 4 next year.

HAHAHAHA this thread makes me LOL! every year is exactly the same thing. everyone writes Sydney off and they always prove 90% of people wrong.

Sydney are in better shape for next year than they were at the start of this year. will be knocking on the door of top 4 next year.

Why is that???

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Geelong
4. Fremantle
5. Carlton
6. North Melbourne
7. Richmond
8. Sydney
--------------------------
9. West Coast
10. Essendon
11. St Kilda
12. Adelaide
13. Melbourne
14. Gold Coast
15. Brisbane
16. Western Bulldogs
17. Port Adelaide
18. GWS

Premiers: Collingwood
Brownlow: Mitchell

The only prediction I'm 100 per cent confident of is that if Ben Cunnington has an injury free pre-season, he'll have an absolute belter of a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back