2012 SC Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you guys like best as number one ruck for my sc team out of Leuenburger, McEvoy and Jacobs and why? :eek:

McEvoy. Got the scoring history, unlike Jacobs. Got a mortgage on time played in the ruck, unlike Leuenberger.

McEvoy. Got the scoring history, unlike Jacobs. Got a mortgage on time played in the ruck, unlike Leuenberger.

Berger seems like a player that can whip out some big scores, as he is more mobile around the ground than McEvoy. McEvoy will get consistent and reliable scores of in between 100 and 110, but Berger showed last year he is capable of the same consistency with the ability to drop a massive score every couple of games or so.

His pre season form has been fairly poor, so that has me a little worried. Doesn’t look under done, so maybe he is just holding back, and erring on the side of caution. Your right about his game time, Longer and Hudson will surely be demanding sometime in the middle, but if Berg's is fit and firing, he will spend the better part of the game in the ruck, and will play out the year much like he ended last year.

The start of the season is making ruck selection very difficult with Mumford and Giles playing the week before everyone else, knowing who to start Giles or Reden and who to select Mumford or Sandilands.

This is also a thought I have? Anyone have thoughts?

Snadi vs Mummy? Hale vs Hmac Vs Kreuz?

Cheers! :)

This is also a thought I have? Anyone have thoughts?

Snadi vs Mummy? Hale vs Hmac Vs Kreuz?

Cheers! :)

Sandi and Mummy is hard, I’d personally go Mummy, simply because I think Sandi will spend less time in the ruck this year.

As far as your second predicament. Hale based on current form, but Kruez based on potential if he stays fit. Hale is probably a safer bet, as he is fairly important to Hawthorn.

Thoughts on Tom Campbell from the Western Bulldogs?

Still on the rookie list, but kicked 3 goals on debut, took 4 contested marks and Hall and Hudson have left. Doesn't seem to be selected in this weeks squad, and might be behind the likes of Minson, Cordy and Roughead.

Do you think he will play?
Thanks,

Sandi and Mummy is hard, I’d personally go Mummy, simply because I think Sandi will spend less time in the ruck this year.

As far as your second predicament. Hale based on current form, but Kruez based on potential if he stays fit. Hale is probably a safer bet, as he is fairly important to Hawthorn.

I'm in the same position, really want to put Sandi - but Mummy plays a week before, so need to know how Sandi is traveling before then. both have good early draws, but i think Sandi has more upside (also more risk)

I dont think I will know my ruck set up until next Friday, could very well still go the 3 rookies.

Thoughts on Tom Campbell from the Western Bulldogs?

Still on the rookie list, but kicked 3 goals on debut, took 4 contested marks and Hall and Hudson have left. Doesn't seem to be selected in this weeks squad, and might be behind the likes of Minson, Cordy and Roughead.

Do you think he will play?
Thanks,

I'd say his game time will be limited. Would slot in nicely if he is elevated though. Just keep him in the back of your mind, and wait to see if he does get promoted. Assess your other options in the mean time.

Berger seems like a player that can whip out some big scores, as he is more mobile around the ground than McEvoy. McEvoy will get consistent and reliable scores of in between 100 and 110, but Berger showed last year he is capable of the same consistency with the ability to drop a massive score every couple of games or so.

His pre season form has been fairly poor, so that has me a little worried. Doesn’t look under done, so maybe he is just holding back, and erring on the side of caution. Your right about his game time, Longer and Hudson will surely be demanding sometime in the middle, but if Berg's is fit and firing, he will spend the better part of the game in the ruck, and will play out the year much like he ended last year.

I'd take Leuenberger's preseason with a grain of salt. He was played up forward for very long stints to give Longer and Hudson time to compete for the backup ruck position.

However I'm still concerned about Voss's statement that they view a 60-40 split for time in the middle to be about right. Last year Leuenberger was probably up around 80%. This might be lessor a concern since it appears Longer may have the inside running for week 1, but if Hudson comes in Leuenberger might have his time cut into.

Put Giles on the bench as an emergency, if he scores loads then put an un-named rookie in to score 0. Or if he gets an average score roll the dice on a different ruck. Surely Mummy will get good points in that game!

Why would you carry an unnamed rookie for 1 week's score from Giles :confused:

Let's say Giles scores 110, if you have him on the bench and emergency. It's a split round so if O Stevenson is not named, and you play him on the field you get Giles' score locked in but Stevenson can be a bench player for future rounds. If he has a dud score, field another ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's say Giles scores 110, if you have him on the bench and emergency. It's a split round so if O Stevenson is not named, and you play him on the field you get Giles' score locked in but Stevenson can be a bench player for future rounds. If he has a dud score, field another ruckman.
Yes but why would you pick a Ruck who isn't playing just for the sake of 1 week's score? After week 1 is said and done, you may have played a tricky little tactic and managed to score a few more points because of it, but now you're stuck with a non-playing ruck.

This is what SR means.

I'm worried about Dean Cox. Was always my No.1 ruck. But with NicNat fit and firing and spending even more time in the ruck, and the forward options of Kennedy,Lynch and Darling how can his scores not be affected? I know he's an important linkup player but I'm still concerned. Anyone else?

I'm worried about Dean Cox. Was always my No.1 ruck. But with NicNat fit and firing and spending even more time in the ruck, and the forward options of Kennedy,Lynch and Darling how can his scores not be affected? I know he's an important linkup player but I'm still concerned. Anyone else?

I know he's an important linkup player

important linkup player

Cox is a GUN - flat out no exception the best ruck in the comp, stop worrying and just pick him;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back