2012 Tour de France: Stage 13 (Saint-Paul-Trois-Chateaux - Le Cap d'Agde)

Remove this Banner Ad

Stage 13: Saint-Paul-Trois-Chaeaux - Le Cap d'Agde
A welcome return to the sprint stages.... for the sprinters anyway. A nasty Cat. 3 climb towards the end shouldnt cause problems for sprinters, but you just never know.

Current Jersey Leaders
maillotJaune.gif
Bradley Wiggins (Sky)
maillotVert.gif
Peter Sagan (Liquigas)
maillotApois.gif
Frederik Kessiakoff (Astana)
maillotBlanc.gif
Tejay Vangarderen (BMC)
maillotEquipes.gif
Radioshack-Nissan
ETAPE%2013%202012.jpg
profile-13.jpg
PROFILKMS.jpg

General Classification after Stage 12
GBR 1 WIGGINS, Bradley (SKY PROCYCLING) 54:34:33
GBR 2 FROOME, Christopher (SKY PROCYCLING) + 2:05
ITA 3 NIBALI, Vincenzo (LIQUIGAS-CANNONDALE) + 2:23
AUS 4 EVANS, Cadel (BMC RACING) + 3:19
BEL 5 VAN DEN BROECK, Jurgen (LOTTO BELISOL) + 4:48
ESP 6 ZUBELDIA AGIRRE, Haimar (RADIOSHACK-NISSAN) + 6:15
USA 7 VAN GARDEREN, Tejay (BMC RACING) + 6:57
SLO 8 BRAJKOVIC, Janez (ASTANA) + 7:30
FRA 9 ROLLAND, Pierre (EUROPCAR) + 8:31
FRA 10 PINOT, Thibaut (FDJ-BIG MAT) + 8:51
No changes to the overall last night in what was a bit of a nothing stage to be completely honest. Breakaway win was predicted and came through. Happy to see David Millar win a stage. I know he is not everyones favourite rider after admitting to doping, but I quite like him. He seems like a nice enough guy and is the consumate team mate IMO.

Peter Sagan opened up a nice lead in the green jersey last night after Matt Goss' relegation from the final sprint after a dangerous move. I know he is Aussie and so are we so we should be patriotic etc., but what he did was downright dangerous. Imagine if he did that to Cav, Cav would have punched his lights out. Probably the most dangerous manouver I have seen since the Giro so he was deservedly relegated. If he didnt make the move, Sagan would have had him anyway, but at least Goss would have had some points. Silly and unnecessary.

Tonight is definitely a night for Cav. Expect him to win on what is a pan flat course. Greipel could also do well as usual, but I think Cav will go for this one then call time on his tour.

After the stage last night Millar came out and said this was an important win for him to prove he is a good rider without doping. It was hid first win since his suspension. He also hinted that now with Hesjedal, Danielson and Farrar gone, Garmin will look to be in the break every day.

the mistral winds could spoil the sprinters party tonight if they're not up the front and awake to it. could be the cause of some surprises in the GC order too.

and with it being Bastille Day in France, watch for numerous French riders trying to get into a breakaway.

the mistral winds could spoil the sprinters party tonight if they're not up the front and awake to it. could be the cause of some surprises in the GC order too.

and with it being Bastille Day in France, watch for numerous French riders trying to get into a breakaway.
Oh yeah, forgot it was Bastille day. Someone from every French team, plus Sylvain Chavanel will be in the break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen a lot of this years TDF (work/training with some early starts) but are the stages this year a little boring? also imo with a few blokes out for the GC it just doesn't have that excitement the tour has had over the last handfull of years, anyone else find it the same?

Checking in. Looks a pretty boring stage but Bastille Day offers potential.

I haven't seen a lot of this years TDF (work/training with some early starts) but are the stages this year a little boring? also imo with a few blokes out for the GC it just doesn't have that excitement the tour has had over the last handfull of years, anyone else find it the same?

Yeah. My interest in TDF dropped massively when Evans lost a minute the other night. And it's not because he's Australian, it's simply because now there's no competition for Wiggins. It's just going to be a procession to Paris now.

As much as I dislike Bertie, he's mega exciting through the mountains with his explosive changes of pace. Tours are much better with battles between the likes of him, A.Schleck, Evans, etc... and yeah stages are a bit meh this year, no doubt because 2013 will be a completely epic route.

I've actually found this year quite good. GC riders know they must attack Wiggins where possible. Last year not much happened until stages 18 & 19 other than Voeckler and LL Sanchez winning in a long breakaway, and they only won due to crashes in the peleton.

Checking in. Looks a pretty boring stage but Bastille Day offers potential.

Yeah. My interest in TDF dropped massively when Evans lost a minute the other night. And it's not because he's Australian, it's simply because now there's no competition for Wiggins. It's just going to be a procession to Paris now.
bit of a filler transition day to move south really.mmm paella

I've actually found this year quite good. GC riders know they must attack Wiggins where possible. Last year not much happened until stages 18 & 19 other than Voeckler and LL Sanchez winning in a long breakaway, and they only won due to crashes in the peleton.

i couldn't keep my eyes off it last year, and it wasn't just the Cadel factor either. The tactical battle early then the GC riders attacking each other constantly through the later stages was some edge of your seat stuff. Im not sure if it's the excitement of last year or just the lack of GC riders but im not feeling it.
Did BigF go crazy for anybody else or is it just me?

The problem this year is that there are so few contenders. We started the race with just Cadel, Wiggins & Nibali as the only realistic chances for the GC win (noting that Froome was always going to be in support of Wiggins - and therefore racing for 2nd place at best). The further this race has gone the more apparent Sky's pharmaceutical advantage has become (must be on something new, which BMC & Liquigas haven't got their hands on yet). Their blatant drug cheating has just robbed the Tour of any real interest, knowing that everyone else is now racing for 3rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Tour de France: Stage 13 (Saint-Paul-Trois-Chateaux - Le Cap d'Agde)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back