2013 AFL National Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep an eye out for a kid from Sale called Bodie Walker ,grandson of former saint Robert Muir ,playing senior football already although only 15yr old ,brilliant athlete and a freakishly skilled footballer.

Keep an eye out for a kid from Sale called Bodie Walker ,grandson of former saint Robert Muir ,playing senior football already although only 15yr old ,brilliant athlete and a freakishly skilled footballer.

Is he a nutcase like the Mad Dog?

Eli Templeton is a bit of an athletic powerhouse from Tas. Good skills, AIS kid. He will be one to watch out for in 2013. Not sure how to rank him against mainlanders though at this stage, but athletically (endurance and speed) I think he would be right up there with the best. Played some pretty solid games as a 16 year old in this year's national championships.

Caleb Hislop one to watch in the future too. Burnie are developing some solid youngsters.

Eli Templeton is a bit of an athletic powerhouse from Tas. Good skills, AIS kid. He will be one to watch out for in 2013. Not sure how to rank him against mainlanders though at this stage, but athletically (endurance and speed) I think he would be right up there with the best. Played some pretty solid games as a 16 year old in this year's national championships.
I think you're right, will be right up with the other highly rated players from next year's pool. Let's hope he builds on what he's shown this year and has a huge season.

Billings and Aish are my two favourite players at the moment.

Lachie Weller is going to be a gun. Not sure what his DOB is, but think he might be a 2014 prospect? He's Mav's brother, and moved up to QLD from Tassie when Mav was drafted to the Gold Coast Suns. He represented Tassie in athletics, and was QLD under 16s captain and an AIS kid. Athletically, he is an absolute machine and I am spewing he isn't representing Tasmania. Could easily be a first rounder when he is eligible.

Lachie Weller is going to be a gun. Not sure what his DOB is, but think he might be a 2014 prospect? He's Mav's brother, and moved up to QLD from Tassie when Mav was drafted to the Gold Coast Suns. He represented Tassie in athletics, and was QLD under 16s captain and an AIS kid. Athletically, he is an absolute machine and I am spewing he isn't representing Tasmania. Could easily be a first rounder when he is eligible.
He's a good kid, capable athlete as you say and being a Weller he's of good character just like Mav.

Mav Weller was talked up as a top 10 talent but has been uninspiring. Will Lachie be the same? Maverick was the Tasmania u16 captain and an AIS kid as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mav Weller was talked up as a top 10 talent but has been uninspiring. Will Lachie be the same? Maverick was the Tasmania u16 captain and an AIS kid as well.

There's always that chance with any prospect. Particularly trying to guess how good they will be this far out from being drafted. However, I think at least athletically, he is better than Mav. Of course, that is only a start, and very hard to predict whether he will be a better player or not. I will wait and see how he goes over the next year or so before I make any major predictions, was just mainly putting his name out there. Mav still could end up being a decent player as well, I haven't quite written him off just yet, but you're right about him being disappointing so far.

2014. Around 190cm and yes he's a rather monstrous build.

Cody Grace is developing into a very good prospect at colts level.

Four other KP's to watch though from Subi from the year below (DOB 1997) - Greg Clark (Sorrento-Duncraig), Jye Harris (Esperance), Jayden Gerrand (North Beach) and Fraser Twomey (Esperance). I won't go into great detail now as they are only just beginning their 16's program. But keep an eye out for them.

Anyone know much about Lewis Taylor? He seems a player from what I've seen (which admittedly isn't heaps, just some champs games this year)

Anyone know much about Lewis Taylor? He seems a player from what I've seen (which admittedly isn't heaps, just some champs games this year)

Well and truly on the draft radar. One of the better underage kids at the Falcons this year, and most recruiters really rate their crop of talent for 2013.

Clayton Mcartney from the Stingrays should be up there. Pacey midfielder with great skills and defensive ability. Lead the Rays Goal kicking and was 2nd behind Whitfield for Goal assists.

Clayton Mcartney from the Stingrays should be up there. Pacey midfielder with great skills and defensive ability. Lead the Rays Goal kicking and was 2nd behind Whitfield for Goal assists.
Jason's son?

NSW/ACT - Lloyd Perris (St George)

South Australia - Alex Spina (North Adelaide/Gaza), Dwayne Wilson (Sturt/Imperials), James Aish (Norwood/Payneham NU), Luke Dunstan (Woodville West Torrens/South Clare), Trent Dumont (Norwood/Golden Grove), Matthew Scharenberg (Glenelg/PHOS Camden), Luke Reynolds (Port Adelaide/North Haven), Darcy Hourigan (South Adelaide/ Strathalbyn)

Queensland - Cain Tickner (Noosa)

Vic Country - Lewis Taylor (Geelong Falcons/Terang-Mortlake), Billy Hartung (Dandenong Stingrays/Mornington), James Tsitas (Geelong Falcons/Grovedale), Matt Crouch (North Ballarat Rebels/Beaufort), Isaiah Miller (Bendigo Pioneers/ Sandhurst), Nicholas Bourke (Geelong Falcons/Kolora-Noorat), Dallas Willsmore (North Ballarat Rebels/Walpeup Underbool), Darcy Gardiner (Geelong Falcons/Queenscliff)

Vic Metro - Christian Salem (Sandringham Dragons/Brighton GS), Joshua Kelly (Sandringham Dragons/Brighton GS), Jack Billings (Oakleigh Chargers/Scotch College), Luke McDonald (Oakleigh Chargers/Trinity Grammar), Ben Lennon (Northern Knights/Ivanhoe Grammar), Cameron Conlon (Northern Knights/St Mary’s FC), Thomas Boyd (Eastern Ranges/Norwood), Marcus Bontempelli (Northern Knights/Marcellin)

Western Australia - Dylan Loo (Perth/Victoria Park JFC), Dominic Sheed (Subiaco/Mines Rovers), Nick Robertson (West Perth/Joondalup Kinross JFC), Jack Martin (Claremont/Rovers), Jesse Hogan (Claremont/Marist JFC)

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 AFL National Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back