Oppo Camp 2013 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to Freo's run home, can anyone seeing it actually working against them? True, three easy games will be handy in possibly helping them get a home final, but maybe a month of easy games leading into the finals might backfire on them when the pressure goes up significantly once the finals start.

In regards to Freo's run home, can anyone seeing it actually working against them? True, three easy games will be handy in possibly helping them get a home final, but maybe a month of easy games leading into the finals might backfire on them when the pressure goes up significantly once the finals start.

No I'd rather play Melbourne times three thank you, than the run we got. :p

IDK, in a perfect world you would definitely not want to travel, and say have one tough game and two easy ones, I'd think.

Of course no injuries or suspensions.

Eh sit back with some popcorn to munch on and be glad it aint Geelong...

Thats my attitude.

Seeing its impact on Bomber on 360 throughout the year, i disagree. Its tough to watch a club legend have his life fall apart around him , again.

I hope he fights like hell to clear his name.

Seeing its impact on Bomber on 360 throughout the year, i disagree. Its tough to watch a club legend have his life fall apart around him , again.

I hope he fights like hell to clear his name.

I have no objection to all or any of them fighting to clear their names.
But if they get a fair go and fail to do so....:cool:

Freo play at the sort of intensity where I don't think it will make much of a difference to them. It's the same type of game for them regardless.

I wouldn't say no to Nathan Jones... and as silly as it may sound Jack Watts I would seriously look at.. shit load of ability.. get him out of that toxic environment and he could be anything

Would be worth a look at them, especially Watts. I could see Watts going to Adelaide or Sydney and becoming a very very good player.

Would be worth a look at them, especially Watts. I could see Watts going to Adelaide or Sydney and becoming a very very good player.

I'm sure the common thread of our recruitment over the last decade has been leadership. What leadership has Watts shown? Melbourne are terrible but its an indictment on the actual talented players like Watts, who arent performing. IMO it would show poor character if he bailed at years end to make it easier on himself and I certainty wouldn't entertain the thought of taking on such a lazy footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure the common thread of our recruitment over the last decade has been leadership. What leadership has Watts shown? Melbourne are terrible but its an indictment on the actual talented players like Watts, who arent performing. IMO it would show poor character if he bailed at years end to make it easier on himself and I certainty wouldn't entertain the thought of taking on such a lazy footballer.

I think Melbourne killed any leadership characteristics he had, as well as failing to develop him as a player.

Could say the same thing about Caddy and Rivers before this year too. But they saw something they liked and acted on it.

Could say the same thing about Caddy and Rivers before this year too. But they saw something they liked and acted on it.

Cant speak for Caddy because I hadnt seen him play at GC, but Rivers was a proven and largely consistent performer over 10 years at a club that struggled for most of it - and was member of the leadership group before Mark Neeld dumped him for no real reason. Likewise McIntosh was a proven performer until he was injured.

Dont get me wrong Melbourne have done a lot of their players a dis-service in terms of development but in Watts' case (and many others) there also appears to be a lack of effort and leadership. Appears he would rather play a peripheral role in an already established team - Just seems like an easy option which is not what the success of where our club is now was built on.

I should add that I don't see it as poor character if Watts left the D's - in fact I think he has to.

Yeah, people are ripping into him, especially TGO (Robbo), saying look at Boak et cetera. It's up to Watts to have faith and stay and make the club great again. Bullshit! In his time at the club they've finished 16th (last), 12th, 13th, 16th and they look like finishing 17th this year. The poor guy can't be expected to hang around and then look back when he's 30 and say "wow what a waste of my talent and the last decade" in the off-chance that Melbourne turn it around - the odds of which are 100 to 1.

The biggest (only) thing that I have taken out of this saga, is that we have a lot of excess capacity in the Victorian workforce.

The amount of garbage that has been spoken about this, on websites and in offices, is absolutely mind blowing.

I see Voss has been sacked. Did he do a coaching 'apprenticeship" or go straight in as senior coach? I can't remember.

Straight out of the Channel 10 box.

Interesting move by Brisbane. They've gradually recovered from the 09 trade debacle and could reasonably see plenty of improvement left in the list. Seems like the kind of thing you'd do if you want someone but are afraid they're going to jump to, say, Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back