Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were one rotation down, not two. The sub isn't an active rotation option. And we were playing a decimated West Coast (already a terrible team but missing McGovern, Barrass and others) at home with nothing on the line for them and a home final on the line for us.

It's so weird to be apathetic towards the difference between a home QF and an away QF. Makes zero sense.

You’re acting like it’s easy to just pump a team by 100 with their eyes closed. As I said we lost arguably our most important player plus Lawson. Did you even watch? Bruhn, Holmes etc were out on there feet. I’m sure they aren’t gonna risk any injuries going into finals which is why they even took Lawson and Stewart off as a precaution

Yeah but we play the G very well, much better than KP this year anyway.
Fair point but you can only control what you can control …top 2 finish was always going to be reliant on other results which even if they go our way this week you can’t rely on that and go all out before the finals when you’re already locked in top 4

I find it hard to be dissapointed in another top 4 finish which I wasn’t expecting considering the state of the midfield..let alone a 93 point win on the eve of the finals

But you do you

:drunk:

Who said anything about being disappointed about another top 4 finish? If we were discussing our feelings about Geelong's finishing position relative to pre-season expectations, then yes of course, I'm ecstatic. But we're not, so I don't see how that's relevant to a discussion of whether it's reasonable to be disappointed about our second half yesterday.

Watch St Kilda inexplicably decide to play like the Washington Generals against Carlton's VFL team this week after playing like the Harlem Globetrotters in the second half against us last week. :rolleyes:

It must be hurt to be at the whims of Ross Lyon's will

:drunk:

Who said anything about being disappointed about another top 4 finish? If we were discussing our feelings about Geelong's finishing position relative to pre-season expectations, then yes of course, I'm ecstatic. But we're not, so I don't see how that's relevant to a discussion of whether it's reasonable to be disappointed about our second half yesterday.
If you were expecting the club to go all out in the second half with two important player already injuried right before the finals

That’s on you really

How many points do Port need to lose by for us to finish second?

I read somewhere that it's about 6 goals, although some other people have said 4 goals, so let's just say 4-6 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expecting the saints to win is a futile experience …just ask their supporters over the last 120 odd years

Heeey, don't forget, they won the Wizard Cup once. It was soooooooo cute, they got a trophy and everything. 🤗

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back