Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love for bulldogs to permanently move to ballarat. Would be the best move for their clubs long term growth to build with the area as ballarat is rapidly expanding and has a decent population.

Would only need to snatch a certain market share on top of what they already have to become a much stronger club than they ever will be competing in the melbourne cbd heartland.

Just dont know if bulldogs board has the balls to do it or their inferiority complex wont allow them to and will feel like its some sort of defeat
As someone who grew up in Ballarat the problem is that Mars stadium is notorious for being the coldest, windiest place in the coldest, windiest town in the state.

That’s pretty offensive to think that’s the reason he is disliked just because it’s a different opnion than yourself

Multiple posters have stated why they disliked him , yet you choose that angle
I think you have read way too much into my post.

I still haven’t had a single poster give a reason why they dislike him other than “I just don’t like him” or “he is a sniper (but I am not going to give reason as to why he is a sniper)”

There seem to be a few (hardly multiple) posters who dislike him for some abstract reason.

I think it is a fair question to ask why this would the case.

Pickett has played 106 games across 5 seasons, and is looking at his 4th rough conduct suspension for a bump gone wrong - almost like he hasn't learnt from his earlier poor efforts

He was suspended in his final match of 2023 for rough conduct against Cripps and missed Melbourne's opening match of this season

He's now been handed suspended for 3 matches for another ill-timed bump and unless challenged, will again miss the early rounds of next season

Letting himself & his team down by doing stupid things
There are multiple players across the league with similar and far worse records than Pickett.

The same posters who don’t like Pickett probably like Toby Greene. It defies logic to me.

Dogs to Ballarat, North to Bendigo. Hawks to Dingley

Develop Marvel into a concert/entertainment preinct, build a 40k stadium for footy (similar design to Geelong aka outdoor) in Gosch's Paddock for the remaining six clubs (plus BBL) for their smaller crowd games, and play the rest at the G.
Don't mind this but Marvel is excellent for public transport options.

Gosch's paddock not so much

Don't mind this but Marvel is excellent for public transport options.

Gosch's paddock not so much
The marvel location is fantastic, it's also worth a lot commercially. The stadium they built is not world-class, or close to it.

Gosch's paddock is right next to Richmond station and the MCG. Transport is great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The marvel location is fantastic, it's also worth a lot commercially. The stadium they built is not world-class, or close to it.

Gosch's paddock is right next to Richmond station and the MCG. Transport is great.

Trains are fine after a gig/sport but trams heading to the city are rubbish.

Lucky I can just walk home from there.

Richmond station is horrendous.

Especially if you're coming from the west side.
The station needs to be rebuilt, but they are running more metro services through from Footscray to richmond now if you get on the Werribee line. The city entrance should be opened more often.

Trains are fine after a gig/sport but trams heading to the city are rubbish.

Lucky I can just walk home from there.
After our last game at the G, the wait for a tram right after the game was 20min. They run enough during the AO, so it can be done, they just choose not to.

I think you have read way too much into my post.

I still haven’t had a single poster give a reason why they dislike him other than “I just don’t like him” or “he is a sniper (but I am not going to give reason as to why he is a sniper)”

There seem to be a few (hardly multiple) posters who dislike him for some abstract reason.

I think it is a fair question to ask why this would the case.
He had numerous offensive with many of them resulting in suspension he a dirty player I don’t know how much more in depth you have to be when making your opinion on the player

But please play dumb with what you were hinting

There are multiple players across the league with similar and far worse records than Pickett.

The same posters who don’t like Pickett probably like Toby Greene. It defies logic to me.
I have and multiple have been very vocal about Toby as well

Don’t play dumb I can see the racist angle you’re taking

Like I said the other page pull your head in

The station needs to be rebuilt, but they are running more metro services through from Footscray to richmond now if you get on the Werribee line. The city entrance should be opened more often.

After our last game at the G, the wait for a tram right after the game was 20min. They run enough during the AO, so it can be done, they just choose not to.

I guess. I never take a tram back in but the lines are usually huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back