Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How is this ground AFL worthy, that weird cut out section near the goalsquare 😳
Would love for bulldogs to permanently move to ballarat. Would be the best move for their clubs long term growth to build with the area as ballarat is rapidly expanding and has a decent population.

Would only need to snatch a certain market share on top of what they already have to become a much stronger club than they ever will be competing in the melbourne cbd heartland.

Just dont know if bulldogs board has the balls to do it or their inferiority complex wont allow them to and will feel like its some sort of defeat

Would love for bulldogs to permanently move to ballarat. Would be the best move for their clubs long term growth to build with the area as ballarat is rapidly expanding and has a decent population.

Would only need to snatch a certain market share on top of what they already have to become a much stronger club than they ever will be competing in the melbourne cbd heartland.

Just dont know if bulldogs board has the balls to do it or their inferiority complex wont allow them to and will feel like its some sort of defeat
It would be best for all clubs to find a ground that isn't Marvel or MCG for themselves...

AFL probably wouldn't like it but **** them.

The stadium is in need of lots of modification if 9-11 home games ensue, but it's approaching a no-brainer. Western Bulldogs still qualifies as a name,
BUT there is so much history at The Whitten Oval. Not sure myself why that place can't be spruced up like our home is, apart from the obvious $ reasons

Roughly 4-5 goals I think
possible..
Port at the G?
We wouldn't want them at Geelong presumably, nor will they give that to us, but yesterday showcased how great our stadium is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The stadium is in need of lots of modification if 9-11 home games ensue, but it's approaching a no-brainer. Western Bulldogs still qualifies as a name,
BUT there is so much history at The Whitten Oval. Not sure myself why that place can't be spruced up like our home is, apart from the obvious $ reasons
I am sure the state government will chip in and help out develop the stadium for ballarat.

The doggies have limited growth in the melbourne market. They will always be struggling behind the melbourne teams.
The move to ballarat will allow them to tap into a new market and grow over time with the region.

8 weeks ago Freo looked like a top 4 team- crazy season- as did Blues

Same with carlton, dogs and freo. All looked good but one will miss out by tonight. Weird year.

I'd cede to the wisdom of the MC if they were to select Guthrie in particular, but man I'd be nervous.

He hasn't played for eleventy seven games, and though he might be training it's no substitute for match fitness. It'd be a move of desperation to play him imo.

Marginally less of the same concern re: Hawkins, but every week he falls further behind too.
Yes whether it is sensible to play either is a separate matter. High risk, particularly for Guthrie.

Dogs to Ballarat, North to Bendigo. Hawks to Dingley

Develop Marvel into a concert/entertainment preinct, build a 40k stadium for footy (similar design to Geelong aka outdoor) in Gosch's Paddock for the remaining six clubs (plus BBL) for their smaller crowd games, and play the rest at the G.

Pickett is a way better midfielder than all of our small forwards. He wouldn’t force out any of them, he would play a lot of midfield and also be dangerous up forward.
I think the midfield value is both a pretty low bar and not freaky that relevant. If you're chasing mids you're not chasing Pickett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back