2013 Player X v Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went with Chappy. Now I have $556,800 left for my final premo midfielder. It's out of Scott Thompson/Dangerfield (got crouch), Stanton (got kommer), A Swallow, J Selwood (got chappy in the forwards).

Bugger it, getting A Swallow. Surely a kangaroos midfielder will go well :D

Is there any reason why you put so much emphasis on not having multiple players from the same team? Why go for someone like Swallow who probably has a lower ceiling and will probably average less than the others you listed just because you have another player from the same team already in your team?

Is there any reason why you put so much emphasis on not having multiple players from the same team? Why go for someone like Swallow who probably has a lower ceiling and will probably average less than the others you listed just because you have another player from the same team already in your team?

Does give him an excuse to the missus to watch every game.. ;)
But I'd agree and simply choose the best option

I had Cotchin last year and he is one if my favourite players but I have gone with Pendles. Although Cotchin plays very well through a tag he has some tough opponents fairly early. With my ideal setup I am about 5k short of having both so I'm hoping Cotchin has a slowish start to the year.

Pendles has Swan and Beams to share the tag with which helps a lot. Plus he usually scores well even when tagged. I have him as the slightly safer selection.

Really i have it the other way without going into it too much for me Pies have a tough draw early and richmonds is pretty midrange.

He plays the dogs in round 3 and then plays collingwood who dont tag the following week.

And if IIRC stkilda in round 2 and without Jones which is every chance according to saint fans they may not feature a tagger as much, maybe Montagna but im not sure if he can go with Cotchin.

First season in a couple of years and need some help deciding between the following:

1. Birchall, Heppell, or;
2. Grimes, Broughton (+$12,400), or;
3. Heppell, Hartlett (+$34,000).
4. Other suggestion?

Spare $$ will more than likely be spent in the forward line :).

Thanks

Stupid comparison theyre like 60k apart obviously zorko is far superior

So Martin and 60k or Zorko, it's a valid question. No need for the elitist attitude.

In fact I would probably go with Martin and the extra coin as I want to stay away from Zorko early. Martin has burnt a lot of people here but he does have potential to score well and he could very well have a big season.

Really i have it the other way without going into it too much for me Pies have a tough draw early and richmonds is pretty midrange.

He plays the dogs in round 3 and then plays collingwood who dont tag the following week.

And if IIRC stkilda in round 2 and without Jones which is every chance according to saint fans they may not feature a tagger as much, maybe Montagna but im not sure if he can go with Cotchin.

Well if Jones isn't in the team or not tagging then it changes it a fair bit but if not he has:

R1- Carrazzo
R2- Jones
R3- Picken
R4- Collingwood so probably no one
R5- Freo but Crowley usually tags Deledio. Possible that it might change.
R6- Taylor Hunt
R7- Kane Cornes

He killed it against the Bulldogs last year but it's possible that he might be held a little quiet against a couple of those taggers. I'm not saying it is definitely going to happen as he does score well whilst tagged but it's worth consideration and it does make him slightly riskier than Pendles because of Pendlebury having Swan and Beams to share the tag with.

Well if Jones isn't in the team or not tagging then it changes it a fair bit but if not he has:

R1- Carrazzo
R2- Jones
R3- Picken
R4- Collingwood so probably no one
R5- Freo but Crowley usually tags Deledio. Possible that it might change.
R6- Taylor Hunt
R7- Kane Cornes

He killed it against the Bulldogs last year but it's possible that he might be held a little quiet against a couple of those taggers. I'm not saying it is definitely going to happen as he does score well whilst tagged but it's worth consideration and it does make him slightly riskier than Pendles because of Pendlebury having Swan and Beams to share the tag with.

Good point. Changes my mind a little on him. I remember looking at this much earlier in the year and taking him out.

It really just depends on money situation and what i do with other picks like D5, F5 and M5 (is the mid spot up for grabs). Have plenty of coin.

Also depends alot on if Tambling is picked for round 1 if not it changes the entire structure.

Also the Gaz + 46k vs Swan debate rages on in my head. Think i might just go safety first though.

So Martin and 60k or Zorko, it's a valid question. No need for the elitist attitude.

In fact I would probably go with Martin and the extra coin as I want to stay away from Zorko early. Martin has burnt a lot of people here but he does have potential to score well and he could very well have a big season.
Thanks for the kind words and opinion.

Its not a valid question

Go with the pill popping 1 quater player...

Enjoy your 85 average

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not a valid question

Go with the pill popping 1 quater player...

Enjoy your 85 average

So there is no room for improvement in Martin? Do you think he has peaked as a player already?

Are you not worried about Zorko possibly having second year blues? even though other mature age recruits have struggled in their second year. Not worried about Zorko getting more attention?

As i said, valid question.

So there is no room for improvement in Martin? Do you think he has peaked as a player already?

Are you not worried about Zorko possibly having second year blues? even though other mature age recruits have struggled in their second year. Not worried about Zorko getting more attention?

As i said, valid question.
Hes had years to improve, but every single game of his career hes played one or two quaters and then puffed himself out and scored 15 points in the other two

Id go zorko over that every day of the week, at least he has the heart to run all day

Hes had years to improve, but every single game of his career hes played one or two quaters and then puffed himself out and scored 15 points in the other two

Id go zorko over that every day of the week, at least he has the heart to run all day

Martin is 22. He averaged 89 in his second year but had a bad year last year. It's really not unusual for a young player to have one or two good quarters and then fade out. It's inconsistency and something that almost always improves with more experience.

It appears you have something against him.

Martin is 22. He averaged 89 in his second year but had a bad year last year. It's really not unusual for a young player to have one or two good quarters and then fade out. It's inconsistency and something that almost always improves with more experience.

It appears you have something against him.
Ive had him in my dream team before of course I have something against him

Doesnt everybody whos had the misfortune to have had him in the past?

Ive had him in my dream team before of course I have something against him

Doesnt everybody whos had the misfortune to have had him in the past?
Hes had one "average" year and its so under rated it aint funny and that was last year. He was still very good its just he got this massive expectation bubble put above his head by the general football public/community and it was so high that he couldnt reach it. I actually question whether he actuall went backwards look at his stats.

Scott Thompson (Crows) or Sam Mitchell.

With Hodge being out injured often these days, that can only mean Mitchells output is increased.
What do people think?

And no, not asking this just because of Mitchells output today, I have been thinking bout it last season also.

Sorry to dissapoint you Keystone agony

Scott Thompson (Crows) or Sam Mitchell.

With Hodge being out injured often these days, that can only mean Mitchells output is increased.
What do people think?

And no, not asking this just because of Mitchells output today, I have been thinking bout it last season also.

Sorry to dissapoint you Keystone agony

:eek:

You are the ultimate bandwagon boy.

:eek:

You are the ultimate bandwagon boy.

what on earth are you on about? Mitchell has always been a ball magnet and with hodge out injured these days ... Sort of unique as Ihaven't seen many people mention him.

Also I've been a Thompson fan for a couple of seasons now.

what on earth are you on about? Mitchell has always been a ball magnet and with hodge out injured these days ... Sort of unique as Ihaven't seen many people mention him.

Also I've been a Thompson fan for a couple of seasons now.

Hodge only played 8 games last year and I don't believe his presence or lack thereof had any impact on Mitchell's scoring.

Some players are more unique than others for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back