2013 Player X v Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moloney and Broughton vs Cotchin and Rookie back (Pittard)

Or should I even be looking at a mid pride back like a Tony Armstrong/Nick Suban and trying to hit a break out premium?

Moloney and Broughton vs Cotchin and Rookie back (Pittard)

Or should I even be looking at a mid pride back like a Tony Armstrong/Nick Suban and trying to hit a break out premium?

I cant look past Moloney... if he pumps out the 90-100's in the first 6-8 he will be a single trade to a super premo.... not sold on Suban but Armstrong is looking quite juicy for a quick value grab...
Cotchin will kick ass again, and Broughton is threatening to be a yoyo again...

I cant look past Moloney... if he pumps out the 90-100's in the first 6-8 he will be a single trade to a super premo.... not sold on Suban but Armstrong is looking quite juicy for a quick value grab...
Cotchin will kick arse again, and Broughton is threatening to be a yoyo again...
You've conflicted me even more if that is possible!

I think it all really depends on whether Berger can play Round 1. At the moment I have Setanta sitting in his spot which scares me in all honesty but I have Cotchin and Armstrong on the ground. If Berger plays then the choice is either Armstrong and Moloney vs Cotchin and Pittard I would think and keep a bit of cash up my sleeve

JP Kennedy and Greene or Dangerfield and Jack.
There is about 10K difference between the two options, but is affordable.

toss a coin... probably comes down to how greene goes early if he ups the ante on last year I'd go that way
but i cant split that pack Kennedy is a freak, Dangerfield is a freak, Greene threatens to be a freak of epic proportions and Jack I don't have much of a handle on...

maybe - but the door will be open... say a super premo gets concussed early... then bingo bongo bango...
or a new golden rookie is on the bubble and you suddenly have buckets of cash to go on a spending spree...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if Fyfe gets his shoulder near right he'll go nuts, I think Masten doesn't have anywhere near the ceiling of Fyfe

I'm hoping to be able to find someone who's about to have a breakout season in that price range and never again be seen below 500k :D
And that's what you're banking on every time you jump on somebody in that price range. That money could get you two mid pricers who are likely to make you some quick cash, or a mid-pricer for some cash + an upgrade to a premium elsewhere. Too risky for me.

And that's what you're banking on every time you jump on somebody in that price range. That money could get you two mid pricers who are likely to make you some quick cash, or a mid-pricer for some cash + an upgrade to a premium elsewhere. Too risky for me.

interesting Fyfe seems a gift to me and Mundy isn't far behind

Really? They both look like solid options to me. Who would you recommend with max price $459,300
In the midfield, i avoid the 450k range..
If they're not guarenteed to average AT LEAST 100 then go for a money making mid pricer or a rookie
450k is a premium in every sense of the word in the forward line or defence but not in the midfield.

Plus those PARTICULAR players i cannot see averaging over 100
Masten 90 odd Fyfe 95 or so

But Masten is really a DT unknown at this stage and Fyfe's shoulders are about as strong as wet lettuce leaf.

Give up on the midfield mid priced gem IMO and drop them to a Maloney/Embley type or my preference would be to pick up another midfield rookie, there are plenty around at least 7 or so that look likely to play round 1 and wrack it up,

And spend the cash in the forward line where im guessing you probably have a couple (most teams do) mid pricers or rookies

Turn your Varcoe/Byrnes/Kennedy into a premium
Or if you havent got some fo the big performers Buddy/Swan/gablett splash the cash around to get more super premo's

I'm sticking well alway from those types of midfield players, but thats just me

interesting Fyfe seems a gift to me and Mundy isn't far behind
Fyfe was in the hands of the trainers again last week.... i just cant pick him

And even if he is fit i dont see him averaging 100 so he'll only increase his price like 40k or so and wont be a keeper... so there are better options.

I'll take it into consideration, there isn't much room for movement in my team at the moment unless I was to think about putting Macaffer on the bench and spreading the scoring load a bit. To be honest I think I'll end up with either Masten or Fyfe though they've both had impressive 100+ games in the shorter preseason games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back