2013 Player X v Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL wish someone had started this bogus rumour an hour or two before final lockout.

@dtgod242 "Dane Swan has tripped over some luggage and will be unable to destroy North Melbourne this weekend"

All this crap about Swan could go two ways - it'll either fire him up even more or it'll be an enormous distraction. Who knows? Honestly, I'm tempted to go without him. It makes the choice for Captain obvious with Ablett the default position. Fewer headaches.

Quite enjoying all this ruck carnage and such. Pre-season everyone's R1/2 was Goldstein/Berger. Now? Oops, Goldy might be a spud and Currie's going to take his place. Oops, Berger might be in doubt until the last minute after all. Currie's promising and all, but now people are going the other way and suggesting they start with him, so much so I see some DT Board regulars telling newbies to downgrade unique picks for Currie. Madness. Right now I'm tempted by something solid and reliable - Cox / Kreuzer, Cox / etc. Maybe not Maric, too much.

EDIT: Just realised who I forgot. Roughy.

Hardwick could be the new DT antichrist and his partner in crime 'Choco' Williams could be the false prophet.
I've gotta admit, my structure does balance out nicely if I replace one of my forward premos with him. I'm just not sure I can bring myself to do it.

A defender in the $200-300k range is the last piece of the puzzle for me. Desperately hoping Tambling gets up and cements a spot, will be perfect for my side.

Lets be honest, Tambling has shown nothing all his career. having potential counts for nothing if you don't show any of it.

Lets be honest, Tambling has shown nothing all his career. having potential counts for nothing if you don't show any of it.
Incorrect. Averaged 89 points in 20 games in 2009, played quite well that year.

Martin and Grimes
vs.
Bartel and Hartlett
This is one of the problems I'm having as well. With Martin, if the reports are to be believed, he could potentially have a significant point boost this season and be one of the leading forwards, while Grimes, if he stays injury free and plays like he did during the second half of last season, could conceivably score over 100 on average.

Then you get to ever-consistent Bartel who will pull out a big game here or there but whose main value will be as a consistent forward, and Hartlett who, like Martin and Grimes, could have a significant point boost if he plays midfield but also just needs to stay fit.

Potentially you could take the riskier option of Hartlett and Martin, hoping for both to improve dramatically, but also saving you roughly 50-100k. Either way, I don't think any combination is a bad combination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i had a good look at kruezer against the crows... hampson looked way better in my opinion
griffin - rumours about sandi isnt far away from returning
mumford - had him last year and he DT bitch slapped me... hard to go there again for me... but the pick of this bunch for me.

i had a good look at kruezer against the crows... hampson looked way better in my opinion
griffin - rumours about sandi isnt far away from returning
mumford - had him last year and he DT bitch slapped me... hard to go there again for me... but the pick of this bunch for me.
Serious??
Wasnt krooze one of the higher dt scorers for carlton in that game..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back