Rumour 2013 Trade and Free Agent Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo didn't stuff up that trade in the slightest. We held all the chips, because he wanted to come home. Brisbane either had to accept pick 20 or lose him for nothing. The fact is that Mitch Clark's a greedy pr!ck that took money over his supposedly home sickness. We weren't willing to offer that much money, so he went to Melbourne. He deserves to be there, right at the bottom of the ladder, no sympathy at all, hope he never plays finals.

hope he does play finals actually, and re-injures himself first 5 minutes.
** DONT EVEN HATE HIM, JUST WANTED TO JOIN IN THE B***HING!!!!!

Freo didn't stuff up that trade in the slightest. We held all the chips, because he wanted to come home. Brisbane either had to accept pick 20 or lose him for nothing. The fact is that Mitch Clark's a greedy pr!ck that took money over his supposedly home sickness. We weren't willing to offer that much money, so he went to Melbourne. He deserves to be there, right at the bottom of the ladder, no sympathy at all, hope he never plays finals.

We thought we held the chips, so we tried to be smart alecs and get him for unders and we got gazumped.
Sure he had to agree to the Melbourne trade, but it would never have happened if we dealt with Brisbane properly instead of pulling cheap stunts like that grandmother story.
It was a stuff up pure and simple in my opinion. But I've said enough, I'm not going to change anyone else's mind and you won't change mine, so last post from me on Clark I promise.

We thought we held the chips, so we tried to be smart alecs and get him for unders and we got gazumped.
Sure he had to agree to the Melbourne trade, but it would never have happened if we dealt with Brisbane properly instead of pulling cheap stunts like that grandmother story.
It was a stuff up pure and simple in my opinion. But I've said enough, I'm not going to change anyone else's mind and you won't change mine, so last post from me on Clark I promise.
It's cool man, we're not arguing, we're just expressing opinions (no homo) :)rainbow:).

I can see what Bond & Co were trying to do with the Mitch Clark situation. Keep ourselves in the first round of the draft, but find a trade acceptable to Brisbane. A difficult task because you only get one first round pick to work with. They had the Palmer compo pick to work with. It took them a few days but they managed to trade that into another first round pick, so they could do both. But that gave just enough time for Melbourne to come up with a counter-offer.

I could see what they were trying to do by staying in the first round at any cost. I think that's been a sound strategy, not trading yourself out of round 1.

I'd love to get Chappy. He could be our Stew Dew or Lake..
Chappy would be overawed by being in a GF like all our players were

Feel like everyone is somewhat forgetting the blindside which was obtaining Pearce. I for one was quite surprised when it happened, admittedly all he was recruited for mainly was to pressure of the stars. Which he has done, why not use that same logic for the current FA available?

Mind you why has no one mentioned Heath Shaw?

Imo getting Shaw, tying Michie down and phasing De Boer out. Ibbotson and Clancee will be there to alleviate the need for McPharlin year long. Plus Griffin could be that extra tall? Plus who knows maybe Kepler becomes amazing.

I'm sure behind the scenes they have something brewing, but for some reason I am concerned we are not going to get anything close to the Key Forward we require. I'm not sure if we need the recycled st Kilda players that are getting bantered around. We need KPP and as many of them
As we can find, forward and back

Feel like everyone is somewhat forgetting the blindside which was obtaining Pearce. I for one was quite surprised when it happened, admittedly all he was recruited for mainly was to pressure of the stars. Which he has done, why not use that same logic for the current FA available?

Imo getting Shaw, tying Michie down and phasing De Boer out. Ibbotson and Clancee will be there to alleviate the need for McPharlin year long. Plus Griffin could be that extra tall? Plus who knows maybe Kepler becomes amazing.

I think your onto something there... :thumbsu:

If we wasted selections on guys past their best like Montagna and Dal Santo I would be extremely pissed off.
If we plan on taking a mid from another team make sure its a bloody good one and one still performing at their best.

They'd be free agents so the compensation would come from the AFL, not from Fremantle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to get Chappy. He could be our Stew Dew or Lake..
Chappy would be overawed by being in a GF like all our players were

Exactly !! We choked (or more accurately a significant number choked). It wasn't nerves. Nerves go within ten minutes ... this was an opening siren to final siren, last day of the Open, Greg Norman style choke (for some).

We need to get it out of our system. It's not just Chappy we would be getting, but Chapman's influence over the other players when it counts. Without Chapman how many times would Geelong have beaten Hawthorn over that Kennett curse stretch ? He inspires his team mates and intimidates his opposition.

We need to win the flag in 2014 end of discussion. I actually called for us to go for Chapman this time last year on this board. With Chapman in our side we would have won on Saturday.

I forgot about Mellington.

Heard some rumours he could be off for more oppurtunities as he sits behind Walters/Mayne/Ballas/Crozier.

Makes sense for Essendon to pick him up as they only have a few in that mould of a Small-Med Defensive Forward: Davey, Jetta, Merret, Dellolio, Kommer.

Yeah exactly. I'm hoping Crozier gets 10+ games next year. Think he will be a star (ever since I saw that u18s mark).
Worst thing for Mellington was doing his hammy in 2012 and then Walters coming back on fire. I think he's a good fit for the Dons.
We obviously need a key Fwd or 2, so Gumbleton would be a good trade for us. Tall marking Fwd. Hopefully we have a crack at Thorpe too & continue to develop Taberner.
Griffin eventually takes over from Sandi, Silvagni from McPharlin & then (if succeed in gumby/thorpe) we have a few choices on Pavs replacement (shudder even thinking about that)

Shaw is not free agent. He still has 2 years on his contract. Collingwood will ask too much for him and there will be a sucker club to give it to them. I don't want that club to be Freo.

Shaw is not free agent. He still has 2 years on his contract. Collingwood will ask too much for him and there will be a sucker club to give it to them. I don't want that club to be Freo.
Collingwood have stated they are only interested in deals that benefit Collingwood - Win/Win deals they aren't interested in.

I thought the Freo staff also said we'd never deal with Collingwood again?

On the other hand, Dale Thomas is a FA.

Are you the unsung docker, or are you just using his picture?

"Melbourne footy manager has told Gillette Trade Radio that the Demons have put what they believe is a good offer to Colin Sylvia and that the Demons hope to emerge from the trade period with two or three new midfielders."

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2013 Trade and Free Agent Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back