Rumour 2013 Trade and Free Agent Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting. Are we happy?

I honestly don't know how to feel.

On the bright side his talent is undoubted, just his application and professionalism that's always been lacking. If RTB could straighten him out it has potential for a big pay off, and I don't think any player has ever gotten worse after leaving Melbourne.

de Boer kicked 10.7 as pretty much a permanent (albeit defensive) forward, I'd start with him.
But how often do teams have their best 22 on the park every week, let alone in finals.

DeBoer does seem the obvious like-for-like, positionally speaking.

I admire Matty's tenacity but looking at it objectively I think it's safe to say he's one of the weakest links in the team, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the Broughton treatment this trade period. Maybe a quiet word in his ear that games might be harder to come by next year and that his career might be better served accepting a cosy contract at a lower club.

pretty positive write-up about Silvia
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-02/fremantle-circling-Sylvia

FREMANTLE has emerged as the most likely destination for Melbourne's unrestricted free agent Colin Sylvia if he chooses to leave the Demons.

Sylvia is yet to make his intentions clear but AFL.com.au understands the Dockers – who lost Saturday's Grand Final by 15 points – are the frontrunners for his services.

The 27-year-old would be an attractive option for the Dockers as he can play as a midfielder and a high half-forward. He uses the ball well, has clean hands and can hit the scoreboard.

He has kicked 129 goals in 157 games with Melbourne.

Fremantle has been prepared to use free agency to fill gaps under coach Ross Lyon. It gained Danyle Pearce from Port Adelaide under free agency at the end of 2012. Pearce played every game this season.

Sylvia had a very consistent year in 2013, playing 19 games and finishing fifth in the club's best and fairest. He also won the club ambassador award.

I'm all for it I think it will improve our side without losing draft picks.

Send Sylvia to the middle and Fyfe forward with midfield rotations.

We don't need a forward who can play in the midfield. We have a very deep and strong midfield. We need a tall big bodies forward who can take contested marks and kick an average of 3-4 goals per game.

Agree, but I'd be content with 2 goals a game.

Also not sure how the Melbourne B&F voting works but does anyone else think it's pretty piss poor that a player as talented and as dominant as Silvia can be that he only finished 5th in one of the shittest teams to ever debase a footy field?

Colin Sylvia in perth today, I'm not sure if he was meeting with freo or the mob up the road. Some reorts saying he was seen with Chris bond in a cafe I'm not sure if we need him tho I don't c what spot he takes, but could be handy I'd say he was meeting with both wa teams tho.

I'm fairly sure I saw him on my flight to Perth last night.

I honestly don't know how to feel.

On the bright side his talent is undoubted, just his application and professionalism that's always been lacking. If RTB could straighten him out it has potential for a big pay off, and I don't think any player has ever gotten worse after leaving Melbourne.
Cough, Cale Morton, cough.

We don't need a forward who can play in the midfield. We have a very deep and strong midfield. We need a tall big bodies forward who can take contested marks and kick an average of 3-4 goals per game.
He won't preclude us from getting a tall forward. We will get him for nothing and will still have the opportunity to trade for a tall forward. If we can manage to jag one this time.

He won't preclude us from getting a tall forward. We will get him for nothing and will still have the opportunity to trade for a tall forward. If we can manage to jag one this time.

Depends on how much capspace we have. Bringing in Sylvia would mean we have around $300,000pa less to throw at a KPP.

AFL site reporting us the 'frontrunner' for his services.
images
F*****KKKK!!!!!!!! Do not want.

Depends on how much capspace we have. Bringing in Sylvia would mean we have around $300,000pa less to throw at a KPP.
Doesn't sound like we are going to go after a high priced KPP. Ross said they could try and pursue Jesse White (who wants to live in Melbourne),by jangling more money at him, but he doesn't want to have to pay overs. He wants to keep the player payments relative.

If we land Sylia and/or Ellis, do you guys think we could trade some of our fringe midfielders and maybe some draft picks for Melbourne's pick 2? Might be able to get a decent key position forward with pick 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pretty positive write-up about Silvia
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-02/fremantle-circling-Sylvia

FREMANTLE has emerged as the most likely destination for Melbourne's unrestricted free agent Colin Sylvia if he chooses to leave the Demons.

Sylvia is yet to make his intentions clear but AFL.com.au understands the Dockers – who lost Saturday's Grand Final by 15 points – are the frontrunners for his services.

The 27-year-old would be an attractive option for the Dockers as he can play as a midfielder and a high half-forward. He uses the ball well, has clean hands and can hit the scoreboard.

He has kicked 129 goals in 157 games with Melbourne.

Fremantle has been prepared to use free agency to fill gaps under coach Ross Lyon. It gained Danyle Pearce from Port Adelaide under free agency at the end of 2012. Pearce played every game this season.

Sylvia had a very consistent year in 2013, playing 19 games and finishing fifth in the club's best and fairest. He also won the club ambassador award.

That's not that great of an achievement at Melbourne though.

back page of West Australian tomorrow will read something like SYLVIA TO FREMANTLE .....according to a friend of a friend of Russell Reid who works for the west,sounds like he has agreed in priciple to join FREo.
Not sure what to think but I thinks its free agency so wont cost too much and would be best 22,so in Bond I trust

We don't need Sylvia!! he's a great player when he's up and going but we defs don't need him. He does provide a lead up target but he's no more capable than Mayne, Waters or Ballaz. If we get Sylvia it just means Crozier is never going to get a game and I feel with the right development he can be better than Sylvia.

*yawn*

If we land Sylia and/or Ellis, do you guys think we could trade some of our fringe midfielders and maybe some draft picks for Melbourne's pick 2? Might be able to get a decent key position forward with pick 2
Fringe midfielders for #2 in the draft doesn't happen mate. Melbourne would be asking for Fyfe/Hill for pick 2.

We don't need Sylvia!! he's a great player when he's up and going but we defs don't need him. He does provide a lead up target but he's no more capable than Mayne, Waters or Ballaz. If we get Sylvia it just means Crozier is never going to get a game and I feel with the right development he can be better than Sylvia.

*yawn*
Crozier will play. Ross adores him.

Isn't Nat Fyfe almost the same height as Pav? Or maybe I miss heard something. But if he is, he could be used a bit more forward next year cause opposition teams may struggle to find defenders that can match his height, speed and jump.

back page of West Australian tomorrow will read something like SYLVIA TO FREMANTLE .....according to a friend of a friend of Russell Reid who works for the west,sounds like he has agreed in priciple to join FREo.
Not sure what to think but I thinks its free agency so wont cost too much and would be best 22,so in Bond I trust
Thanks for passing that on Bruzaar62.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back