Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

What on earth are you talking about? I don't understand gibberish. lol

The Hawks poster you quoted realised he's leaving in Free Agency. They get a draft pick given to them for that after their 1st rounder. 1st rounder will be about pick 18. Pick after is 19. That to me looks like 2 top 20 picks.

Gilbert has been shopped around for the past 3 years hasn't he?
No takers obviously. A second round for Dal Santo isn't really worth it considering he's educatingthe next St Kilda Mids.
What could St Kilda trade to get Tom Boyd? I'm struggling to think of anyone who has true currency

Maybe I've posted this before, but Kyle Hardingham for a 3rd rounder?

I cant really see Yarran being at the blues next year, with an apparent massive blow up with mick at training following the essendon game, what would he be worth, if he were to be put on the trade table

Doubt we'd be trading Yarran, pretty sure his contacted till 2014.

It might be in your best interest to do it now then before he is able to walk out and let you suffer the consequences. I'm not suggesting he would, but there is a value to a contracted player that evaporates as soon as they can walk into the PSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this phrase :thumbsu:

Hopefully we can make up for being Eberted by Eberting some clubs this year. Can't see it happening to Port, but hopefully we can get them back one day.
Hopefully the Saints will be able to Ebert the Eagles for Brown this year to pay them back for Eberting us for Cripps last year

Hopefully the Saints will be able to Ebert the Eagles for Brown this year to pay them back for Eberting us for Cripps last year

Given that we only Eberted you mildly for Cripps, please only mildly Ebert us for Brown :)

What would a mild Ebert look like for Brown? Maybe pick 30-35? Brown's value is really hard to gauge IMO. It all depends on if Brown is open to more than one club or not I suppose.

Rubbish

McInnes (21) Who?
Tuohy (22) Good player
Jamison (27) Good player, over-rated though
Henderson (23) Good player, keep him forward
Murphy (25) Gun
Gibbs(24) Very good at his best
Kreuzer(24) Solid player
Yarran(22) Should be an out and out gun, but isn't
Graham (18) never heard of him
Walker (27) Top player
Garlett (23) Good player
Betts (26) Good player
Menzel (18) hasn't done anything yet
Watson (21) Very average

Solid core group of players for at least another five years.

Judd (29)
Carrazzo (29)
Scotland (32)
Simpson (28)
Waite (30)

Other than Scotland and Waite I see the rest playing on for at least another two years.

Yes we need to find at least three quality players two of them being key forwards.

Too many small forwards in the team who can't run through the midfield. Plus still rely on Judd to play top games when you win.

The list is good, but has been over-rated for a few years and that is just being found out now

Here's my crazy trade idea.
Western bulldogs give up: minson and pick 4
Get back: pick 1 and GWS 3rd rounder

West Coast give up: Nic Nat and 2nd rounder
Get back: pick 4, pick 10 Minson and Coniglo

GWS give up: Coniglo, pick 1 and 10
Get back: Nic Nat and West Coast 2nd rounder

Bulldogs get Boyd. Lose Minson but he wont be there when they are pushing for finals again.
West Coast maintain a very strong ruck division and will get Coniglo and have three top ten picks to build there future midfield with.
GWS get there ruckman but most importantly a face for the club

Given that we only Eberted you mildly for Cripps, please only mildly Ebert us for Brown :)

What would a mild Ebert look like for Brown? Maybe pick 30-35? Brown's value is really hard to gauge IMO. It all depends on if Brown is open to more than one club or not I suppose.
We would've been majorly Eberted if Cale Hooker said yes to going to the Eagles, would've been Cripps, 24 and 25 for Brown, 24 & 25 going to Essendon. Given he'll be out of contract Saints will probably push for a straight 3rd rounder (42ish), Eagles will ask for first (4ish), after much snickering by both parties the Eagles will counter with 2nd rounder (24ish).

We could just return the favour from last year, get a second 3rd round pick and ship it and our 3rd rounder over for Brown.

We would've been majorly Eberted if Cale Hooker said yes to going to the Eagles, would've been Cripps, 24 and 25 for Brown, 24 & 25 going to Essendon. Given he'll be out of contract Saints will probably push for a straight 3rd rounder (42ish), Eagles will ask for first (4ish), after much snickering by both parties the Eagles will counter with 2nd rounder (24ish).

We could just return the favour from last year, get a second 3rd round pick and ship it and our 3rd rounder over for Brown.

If Brown does nominate you guys as the only club he wants to go to I think 24 would be slightly overs (from your perspective). The Eagles will still consider it a dud deal, but if something in between 24ish and 42ish could be arranged that would be my guess.

Maybe Brown and 30 for 24 and 42.

Anyway doesn't really matter we'll cross that bridge once Wallace declares it to be #lockedandloaded

If Brown does nominate you guys as the only club he wants to go to I think 24 would be slightly overs (from your perspective). The Eagles will still consider it a dud deal, but if something in between 24ish and 42ish could be arranged that would be my guess.

Maybe Brown and 30 for 24 and 42.

Anyway doesn't really matter we'll cross that bridge once Wallace declares it to be #lockedandloaded
Odds are it'll involve 2nd and 3rd round picks going back and forth unless a third party gets brought in. Swap of 2nd and 3rd round picks perhaps if your recruiters don't plan on going too deep into the draft.

I like this phrase :thumbsu:

Hopefully we can make up for being Eberted by Eberting some clubs this year. Can't see it happening to Port, but hopefully we can get them back one day.

if we're ever silly enough to draft a guy whose entire family line on both sides (ebert/obst) are club legends then feel free to have a crack. in brads heritage the eberts have 3 port adelaide players and 5 magarey medals with the obsts around 4ish and at least 1 magarey medal that i know of.

if thats not in the blood then i dont know what is.

anyway, good luck with that :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back