Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

wouldnt suprise me to see gorringe leave, seeing as nicholls has gone past him
we would want something of value tho as ruckman are hard to come bye (good ones)

Gorringe has not Lived up to his Top 10 Pick so far

Very True. Only the Freak like Nic Nat have lived up to it
plus he has only seen game time this yr, been behind smith and dixon
once u get games into him im sure he will become a good ruckman
its his forward game he really needs to work on

Hasn't broken into the GWS lineup, and reportedly homesick. Considering the reports of homesickness I doubt he, a victorian, would move out west.

Having said that a trade of Warnock + second rounder for jaksch would be fair, as it instantly fills a need for GWS (Ruckman) and it provides a fair pick (low/mid 20's) as compensation which most likely.will be ontraded.

Sorry if it has come up already in the thread, but what do you guys reckon Dan Currie would be worth on the trade table.

He's AFL standard ruckman ready that's been unlucky not to get an opportunity.

201 cm, 96 kg, 24 y/o who's about to hit his prime.

Sorry if it has come up already in the thread, but what do you guys reckon Dan Currie would be worth on the trade table.

He's AFL standard ruckman ready that's been unlucky not to get an opportunity.

201 cm, 96 kg, 24 y/o who's about to hit his prime.
He's doing exactly the same now as he was when you drafted him - dominating at the 2nd level - so he's worth the same as he was then.

He's doing exactly the same now as he was when you drafted him - dominating at the 2nd level - so he's worth the same as he was then.

When you put it like that its pretty obvious hey. Thanks mate. I guess we have zero incentive to trade him then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there's a team desperate for a ruckman and you already hold him, he could easily go for a higher pick than what you got him for. Late second/early third would be my guess.

That was my line of thinking too. I think he is good enough to have an AFL career, just needs an opportunity.

Becoming general knowledge Carlton likely to enter a three way deal with Bulldogs for Pick 1.

GWS will get what they need
Bulldogs will pick up a couple of gun players and they type of player they need
Carlton will get Boyd that wont fire for another 2-3 years and potential biggest loser.

Becoming general knowledge Carlton likely to enter a three way deal with Bulldogs for Pick 1.

Carlton will get Boyd that wont fire for another 2-3 years and potential biggest loser.
Peanut-brained thinking :p

Wow, this will be some trade.

GWS get what they need- 8 hardened bodies and 35,000 members. Awesome!
Bulldogs get the types they need - two gun young KPP's. Excellent.
Blues get Boyd without giving up anything at all. Fantastic.

How does it all work, exactly?

Wow, this will be some trade.

GWS get what they need- 8 hardened bodies and 35,000 members. Awesome!
Bulldogs get the types they need - two gun young KPP's. Excellent.
Blues get Boyd without giving up anything at all. Fantastic.

How does it all work, exactly?

You mean to tell me, you don't know!?! It's general knowledge...

You mean to tell me, you don't know!?! It's general knowledge...

Damn right it is, watch Herald Sun tomorrow.... the spin doctors will go hard on it.. ;)

Only way Carlton will get Boyd is through the Bulldogs.... Bulldogs need outside run to compliment their inside grunt & we got the speed... the Bulldogs got pick 3.. wouldn't hurt to think... watch Herald Sun....

Damn right it is, watch Herald Sun tomorrow.... the spin doctors will go hard on it.. ;)

Only way Carlton will get Boyd is through the Bulldogs.... Bulldogs need outside run to compliment their inside grunt & we got the speed... the Bulldogs got pick 3.. wouldn't hurt to think... watch Herald Sun....

Andrew Walker wearing a new hat?!:eek:

Not sure if it's been discussed on this board before. Griffen is 27 years old, does he have enough currency to command a #1 pick? Dogs really need a KPF for the future, and from what I've heard Boyd is set to be the next big thing for this decade and perhaps longer.

GWS can obviously sign Buddy perhaps like everyone already knows, do you think this is a win/win trade for both teams, or will GWS look for someone more in the 24-25 age bracket or just look for a backmen and or combination of players instead of a elite mid fielder.

Not sure if it's been discussed on this board before. Griffen is 27 years old, does he have enough currency to command a #1 pick? Dogs really need a KPF for the future, and from what I've heard Boyd is set to be the next big thing for this decade and perhaps longer.

GWS can obviously sign Buddy perhaps like everyone already knows, do you think this is a win/win trade for both teams, or will GWS look for someone more in the 24-25 age bracket or just look for a backmen and or combination of players instead of a elite mid fielder.
Answer to your question is yes Griffen would land them pick 1

Anyone else have a feeling that Richmond will have a crack at Shane Mumford?
Recent history suggests we like cheap rucks. Maric, Stephenson and Derickx were all cheap, mature age rucks. Mumford probably would cost more than we like to spend on rucks.

Guess it would depend on how they think Maric's groin is going to hold up. He's good enough for another 2-3 years if he can stay on the park but only the club would know how much his groin will affect him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back