Mega Thread 2013 TRADE PERIOD discussion thread - Aidan Riley (Crows) added as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention he is 30 next year, there is NOOOOOOOOO way we would give up pic 1 for a 30 years old, and there is NOOOOOOO way GWS are going to.

Wow, that far huh...
What about,
Pick 7 and Longer for Pick 2?

Worth considering... if we weren't going to either trade it for a good mid or draft in a potentially great one. You never know though, strange and stupid things happened all over the shop for us last trade period.

Not to mention he is 30 next year, there is NOOOOOOOOO way we would give up pic 1 for a 30 years old, and there is NOOOOOOO way GWS are going to.

I could see them going for it if Collingwood gave up their first round pick. Depends how desperate GWS are to be competitive next year, and I would imagine they would be keen as mustard with a fair bit of pressure coming down from the AFL bigheads.

A straight swap Adams for Swan would be a cagey maneuver.

Wow, that far huh...
What about,
Pick 7 and Longer for Pick 2?

I don't think we really want another young ruckman, as above it's midfielders galore for us. Something along the lines of Polec for a second round pick upgrade could work... although that may sell him short a bit.

As much as I love this statement we aren't exactly the team that A graders are falling over themselves to get to.
thing is whats the point in trying to get others in? lets not attempt till we can get a graders, paying overs for c graders annoys the shit out of me

A little birdy told me we have been in discussions with Adelaide, who want a first round pick about a possible trade of pick 2 for Brad Crouch. Can't see them letting him go though.
that would make me laugh my arse off, crows fans have been praising the hell out of him

I think the best deal I've seen for trading pick 2 so far is:

#2 to GWS in exchange for Taylor Adams & their #9 compo pick which we on trade to WCE for Scott Selwood

Effectively # 2 for Taylor Adams & Scott Selwood

Both are contested ball winners & exactly what we need. Although I'm yet to see anything other than BF rumour that Selwood wants to return to Victoria.

thing is whats the point in trying to get others in? lets not attempt till we can get a graders, paying overs for c graders annoys the shit out of me
I agree, I dont want to see us pay overs for C graders, but there will be some guys around that can play a role in taking a team forward.
There will be times over the next few years where Roos and Co might look at a guy that we think has no potential, although he sees a role for that player and can develop him in that role.

I agree, I dont want to see us pay overs for C graders, but there will be some guys around that can play a role in taking a team forward.
There will be times over the next few years where Roos and Co might look at a guy that we think has no potential, although he sees a role for that player and can develop him in that role.
im fine for that but the trades I have seen on this board for players that lets be honest, unless they were up you wouldnt consider

I think the best deal I've seen for trading pick 2 so far is:

#2 to GWS in exchange for Taylor Adams & their #9 compo pick which we on trade to WCE for Scott Selwood

Effectively # 2 for Taylor Adams & Scott Selwood

Both are contested ball winners & exactly what we need. Although I'm yet to see anything other than BF rumour that Selwood wants to return to Victoria.

This would be a huge coup, really doubt it will happen though.

This would be a huge coup, really doubt it will happen though.

I think all three teams being us, GWS & WCE are all equal from the deal so that's a good starting point for any trade that everyone is a winner or at least equal.

The WCE fans think its about the right value for Selwood - tick
The GWS fans thinks its a fair deal to snaffle #2 - tick
I personally think its a good deal for MFC - tick
It obviously would depend on the players being happy to ply their trade at the MFC - unknown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adams, Selwood and lose pick 2 and 9 is also the best outcome I have seen here also.

With Sloane/Crouch (Adel) off the table, it appears very unlikely that we will be trading with Adelaide.
So, if we try and work on Roo's strengths, he's knowledge Sydney/GWS players should be very good as with his relationship with Longmire. Expect win/win trades may be more likely with those 2 clubs now.
Possibly, trades/picks involving Josh Kennedy and Shane Mumford (Syd) ? Clearances would improve.
Next year we probably play the dogs twice again, and sick of being smashed by Minson.
And of course Taylor Adams (GWS) in PSD. Need Roo's to do a Neeld/M Clark there.

Adams, Selwood and lose pick 2 and 9 is also the best outcome I have seen here also.

With Sloane/Crouch (Adel) off the table, it appears very unlikely that we will be trading with Adelaide.
So, if we try and work on Roo's strengths, he's knowledge Sydney/GWS players should be very good as with his relationship with Longmire. Expect win/win trades may be more likely with those 2 clubs now.
Possibly, trades/picks involving Josh Kennedy and Shane Mumford (Syd) ? Clearances would improve.
Next year we probably play the dogs twice again, and sick of being smashed by Minson.
And of course Taylor Adams (GWS) in PSD. Need Roo's to do a Neeld/M Clark there.
would only be losing pick 2 in that trade technically

okajf.jpg

We couldn't get David McKay on a big deal

We need to move on from sloane

Who'd want to come to a club coached by mark Neeld and his no name assistants, can't blame him. We don't move on until Sloane either signs or says no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back