2014/15 Melbourne Victory Thread - Home of the Champions!! #10yearsproud

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided to go for the victory people!!

Looking forward to this season, just started following soccer.

I go for Arsenal in the EPL btw.

Welcome aboard pal! :thumbsu:

Make sure you soak in the atmosphere when you get to a match, you won't regret it, bring along a few mates to make the experience even more enjoyable. looks like we might just have ourselfs a fun and enjoyable season so you picked the right time to climb aboard.

Thanks guys!

Is our best player Berisha or?

hard to say since he hasnt really played a competitive game with us (not counting the 2 ffa cup games against state teams) but he sure is quality. every signing we've made this off season are players with lots of experience and i'm sure a few might become very important players for us

for me milligan is our best player, had a disrupted year last season with his knee but hopefully he had a good rest after the world cup for the upcoming season

I've decided to go for the victory people!!

Looking forward to this season, just started following soccer.

I go for Arsenal in the EPL btw.
Brilliant! You've gotta come to a game or two with a mate.

Glad to have you onboard.

I intended to go to a victory game this season.

How much are the tickets usually and is the game experience pretty good.
Tickets, not sure, I was paying $7.50 for a kids ticket last year.

This year I've got a membership for about $120.

Game experience; priceless.

I seem to recall hearing something about the seats being in for all victory games, but i can't remember if that was last season or this season
This season I heard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My membership still hasn't come, I'm banking on Monday or Tuesday.

MVFC might receive an angry phone call on Wednesday if I'm not happy.

Yeah some, did you get the text message last week? got one saying they have allocated my seat and that my membership had been sent out via Priority mail, this was last Monday! yet nothing has arrived. Will give them till Wednesday too before I give them another angry phone call.
This is the third season in a row this has happen to me very disappointing thought the club would have sorted it all out by now.

Membership tally to be exact is 20,277 as of last Thursday. If we have a good start to the season there is no reason why we can't finally crack the 23k mark the club is aiming at.

Last edited:
I personally think the club patching things up with the supporters has helped it being so high.
I reckon we'll get between 21-22k for the season.

Does the club ever offer cheap 5 game memberships just for etihad?

Not that I know off, the problem is that the games at Etihad are scatted throughout the season not played out consecutively, so you'll get three at the start of the season then two toward the end after the BBL, It will probably make those members lose interest and also will alienate fans going to AMMI Park which in my opinion is a must for all football fans to go and watch a match.

If your gonna have that type of memberships best the club just creates one that is accessible to both stadiums and the member can just pick and choose at there liking which matches to go too.

Yeah some, did you get the text message last week? got one saying they have allocated my seat and that my membership had been sent out via Priority mail, this was last Monday! yet nothing has arrived. Will give them till Wednesday too before I give them another angry phone call.
This is the third season in a row this has happen to me very disappointing thought the club would have sorted it all out by now.

Membership tally to be exact is 20,277 as of last Thursday. If we have a good start to the season there is no reason why we can't finally crack the 23k mark the club is aiming at.
Nope didn't get a text. I've got one email which said I should get down to the Adidas store on Bourke St for 30% off and to meet some players. Apart from that I haven't heard anything. Haha yeah, it seems very disorganised for a club as big as MVFC.

Yeah I reckon we'll crack 23k about mid season.

No Millsy for round 1 forgot about that...Brox is not the worst back up
Coe/Georgievski-Leijer-Delpierre-Geria/Brox-Valeri-Finkler/Pain-Berisha-Thompson

Khalfallah super sub

Victory 1-0 (Pain) crowd 29k

Not a huge Connor Pain fan, but he is still young and has had a great pre-season (albeit against state-league opposition). Hopefully he can take that form into the season proper and continue to develop.

Think it'll be tough to win on Friday night. Western Sydney are the more battle-hardened, having had some difficult competitive fixtures in the Asian Champions League, while we have been playing exhibition matches against mainly amateur teams (through no real fault of our own).

It will take a while for Berisha to gel with the rest of his teammates but when he does watch out!

Not a huge Connor Pain fan, but he is still young and has had a great pre-season (albeit against state-league opposition). Hopefully he can take that form into the season proper and continue to develop.

Think it'll be tough to win on Friday night. Western Sydney are the more battle-hardened, having had some difficult competitive fixtures in the Asian Champions League, while we have been playing exhibition matches against mainly amateur teams (through no real fault of our own).
I might be a bit biased, because he got me into soccer, but yeah, I love the way he goes about it. Was in my tutor group a few years ago at school, and taught me a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back