2014 div 3

Remove this Banner Ad

TA25 it will take a committee Coup d'état for Parkside to stay in the NFL, It’s ok for the past players to complain and whinge now but where have they been the last few years certainly not in the trenches trying to raise funds to be competitive. Also the NFL has been one the only leagues not to experience any real senior team growth over the last 5 years as the last new senior team to enter the comp was St Marys. This is not really good enough even a mediocre league like the WRFL have experience growth they have had at least 4 or 5 teams over the last 3-4 years. I would like to see what the NFL will do if it ends up with only 6 teams in div 3 next year .

TA25
You'll find that Parkside Past Players Association has only been going for less than 2 years in a bid to help the club. An article on their website states they have provide over $2.1k in support over that time. Not bad in my eyes.

I'd say you have an uneducated option on what support they have provided or want to offer.

TA25
You'll find that Parkside Past Players Association has only been going for less than 2 years in a bid to help the club. An article on their website states they have provide over $2.1k in support over that time. Not bad in my eyes.

I'd say you have an uneducated option on what support they have provided or want to offer.

I'm going to assume this was mistakingly directed at me. I made no mention of the Parkside Past Players Association or the Parkside Football Club's financial situation, which I have no knowledge of.

I am hopeful Parkside are able to see a future in the NFL and we see Division 3 grow to an 8 team competition.

TA25

Red devil while 2.1 k is a good get in two years well done to the past players ass, but unfortunatly it takes a lot more dollars to run a competivie club in this day and age of playing for the almight dollar taking an educated guess for a div 3 side i reckon you are looking any where from 30k to 50k to be in the ball park just for players then dollars for the coach not sure on how much for a coach but you would think in the range of 10k then trainers 100 bucks a game x 2 or 3 trainers if you are running u19's then tape this is one of the most costly items for a club but my last club was looking at the 8K range tape is bloody expensive also the leauge fees and fines so if it takes going back to the ammos for parkside to go onwards and upwards then the club must go where it can survive
Good Luck to all involved with parkside

If Parkside believe that joining the Amos will fix all there problems because they can't afford their player payments they might be dreaming. What happens when other clubs come knocking on their players doors offering them money? How will they recruit players going forward with less incentive? Their current committee hasn't witnessed any amateur football either.. What happens if there list becomes weaker over the off season and they continue to lose while searching for extra volunteers to fill roles during the reserves?

It would appear there big issue lies off field and need to become more professional to grow their club instead of looking for quick fixes..

Wha
Already losing players lost best player mid year and others leaving regardless of which league they play in. Have pretty strong juniors which is handy but only if they want to play at a NFL side whose senior side lost by Ave 100pts and Twos lost by Ave 200pts. Clubs in trouble if they don't bow to the Juniors wishes which is VAFA.

What happens when these juniors become senior players and leave to play for $ and the senior team loses by a 100 points each week in the ammo's?

Wha

What happens when these juniors become senior players and leave to play for $ and the senior team loses by a 100 points each week in the ammo's?

I hope for parksides footy club that they regroup and stick it out in the NFL, get some past players back involved either on the committee or just volunteering!

Wha

I hope for parksides footy club that they regroup and stick it out in the NFL, get some past players back involved either on the committee or just volunteering!

Okay, it's semi final time, with the two matches featuring teams of contrasting formlines.
Ist Semi.
South Morang vs Watsonia. With both teams losing last week, probably the Saints more surprising than the Lions, the formlines are very blurred. But based on their revious outings I think the Lions have a bit more class han the Saints. A close game with the Lions home by 15 points.
2nd Semi.
Thomastown vs Reservoir. The Bears have been the form side this season and even though the Mustangs got one back off them mid-year they do look a standout to be the first into the grand final. A tight game early with the Bears puling away to win by 25 points.

bit too quiet on this thread - went to the south morang vs watsonia game, bit of a scrappy game, but good effort by watsonia, could have gone either way up till 4th quarter, but south morang too strong in the end.
South Morang need to practice their goal kicking skills, lets them down, would be a much better side, if they could pick up a few guns for the forward line. Hopefully they can give Ressa a good scare.

this should be a big week in div 3 first off we have the big vote at Parkside on the 26th and the prelim final on Saturday mustangs aginst lions i tip the lions as i think the nervs could tighten up resa just a bit as they would be slightly worried about going out in straight sets and the lions are not expected to win so they can play with a lot more freedom

Prelim Final.
Reservoir vs South Morang. Although they were blown away last week by the Bears, the Mustangs should bounce back with authority and dispatch the Lions to give themselves another crack at the premiership favourites. The Lions form has been all over the shop so really can't see hem topping the Mustangs.

And yes, from reports, it was about 2 to 1 by the Parkside members to seek a move to the ammos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so any confirmed news from Parkside? so who is tipping a winner for the div 3 big dance this weekend my tip is thommo as they have been the best team all year resa to have another year in div 3

so any confirmed news from Parkside? so who is tipping a winner for the div 3 big dance this weekend my tip is thommo as they have been the best team all year resa to have another year in div 3

I would like to wish Terra & the crew down at the club where I started my career as a footballer.
Reservoir has always been in my heart & always will.
I'll be there Saturday repping my '98 old school colts jacket haha..
Shattering to hear my good mate Deefa #3 getting rubbed out & not able to play in the granny though!

All in all - Bring it home lads..

I would like to wish Terra & the crew down at the club where I started my career as a footballer.
Reservoir has always been in my heart & always will.
I'll be there Saturday repping my '98 old school colts jacket haha..
Shattering to hear my good mate Deefa #3 getting rubbed out & not able to play in the granny though!

All in all - Bring it home lads..
Deserved his ban. No sympathy here.

Last round for this group and the games look pretty well straight forward.
Round 19.
Reservoir vs South Morang. Both teams will probably be fine-tuning for next weeks finals with the Mustangs a bit too polished for the Lions
Heidelberg West vs Thomastown. Certainly the Hawks best season for a while but still no match for the red hot premiership favourite Bears.
St Marys vs Watsonia. The clash of the heavenly bodies with the Burra Sainters disappointing this season and the Watsie Saints making it to years of finals.
Parkside vs Bye. Thanks for the memories Devils. Good luck in your (re)new competition.

please stop refferring to St Mary's as the "saints", it's doing my head in haha, Its the St Mary's Kookaburras, not St Mary's Saints....

The big dance and the two best teams from the season get the opportunity to slug it out for the bragging rights and the opportunity to test themselves next season in the higher division.
Despite what a number of people thought, the Mustangs did bounce back last week after the beating they took from the Bears to re-establish their right to play in the grand final. With a 3-1 advantage, one would be expecting the Bears to repeat their second semi final performance and run away with the premiership. After all the pre-season turmoil that they endured the Bears have certainly proven a resilient team and congrats to Dean Sinclair on his efforts in getting the team up and about. A grand final is even a different beast to other finals and it wouldn't surprise to see teh Mustangs right in the game well into the final quarter, but the Bears appear to be a lot more steadier under pressure and have stronger bodies around the fall of the ball and should get their rewards for an outstanding season. Reservoir by 18 points.

Disgusting behaviour, He raised his arms as he walked off the field like he was a hero, hope he gets charged for assault.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 div 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back