List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ouch, all my favourites going before our second round pick
personally I prefer Nick Coughlan over McKenzie; but I also thought Coughlan was a bit taller
Viojo-Rainbow to Melbourne is </3

just wondering who that leaves for the fourth round & beyond since we'll likely have to take Cordy there

Could we do a deal with GWS for Coughlan ala Elliott to Collingwood a few years ago?

Could we do a deal with GWS for Coughlan ala Elliott to Collingwood a few years ago?
probably, depending how he goes at the U18 Champs
GWS would need to get rid of a couple of players, because they at least need to pick up 3 in the draft
there was 3 academy players and Nick Coughlan & Liam Griffiths both are talented, another club that wants a key forward might just go earlier then us though
like Carlton, or other clubs lacking a Key Forward; I'm not really sure who else

fortunately there will also be KPFs just from the TAC that clubs have on their radar as well and some from last year that are another year developed
really sucks that Conlon is injured again, kid has the worst luck

beep test of 8 is bad though, considering I've got one of 11+ o_O

seems like a good kid
He's a brust runner, he knows when to unleash his speed and break the lines
did that a fair bit against us and set up a few scoring options for franga

He's a brust runner, he knows when to unleash his speed and break the lines
did that a fair bit against us and set up a few scoring options for franga
what is a brust runner? :eek:
His tank has probably improved a whole heap since though
was supposed to be a player for the mini draft, then didn't get picked up at all

would be hard to have a kid, let alone two and your grandfather die that was your mentor and still be able to concentrate on playing good footy

He had a beep test of nearly 13 in 2011 looking at his combine results though.

I remember Mitch Harvey ran a beep test of 10 but had glandular fever leading up to that
13 is not too bad though, wasn't Bontempelli in the 14s somewhere?

also have to take into account the weather the day they ran, because I remember the day the endurance testing was done
it was quite hot and sunny

I remember Mitch Harvey ran a beep test of 10 but had glandular fever leading up to that
13 is not too bad though, wasn't Bontempelli in the 14s somewhere?

also have to take into account the weather the day they ran, because I remember the day the endurance testing was done
it was quite hot and sunny

Yep 14.7 For Bonts. Still nowhere near Hartung's beep test of 16.6, that's just ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st Rounder - Goddard (Pickett next preference)
2nd Rounder - Blakely (Maynard/Viojo-Rainbow next preferences)
3rd Rounder - Cordy

1st Rounder - Goddard (Pickett next preference)
2nd Rounder - Blakely (Maynard/Viojo-Rainbow next preferences)
3rd Rounder - Cordy
Why Blakely? :confused: Maynard has pretty questionable kicking skills

pretty explosive and big bodied though

I'm starting to warm to Goddard because he is a solid defender
but offensively I've only seen him kick bags against mismatches and he can go missing pretty bad

my preferences are Duggan, McKenzie, Cordy, Drummond

Duggan for his kicking and general ball use and has some speed
Drummond has a lot of speed, is strong bodied and can win his own ball
McKenzie can disappear from games like Goddad, but is a big unit who can take strong contested marks
I like Coughlan though as well, but apparently we don't need another athletic forward o_O

We really need a strong tall marking FF and an athletic medium/tall rebounding CHB who can shut down an opponent

For those in the know, and based on under 18's, and the national tournament, who are your top three in order for each position?

We really need a strong tall marking FF and an athletic medium/tall rebounding CHB who can shut down an opponent

For those in the know, and based on under 18's, and the national tournament, who are your top three in order for each position?

CHB athletic tall: Goddard, Durdin, Lever, Moore

Strong tall forward: McCartin, McKenzie, Watchman

all those in the U18s side

I couldn't tell you about the TAC cup though
but there is probably some KPFs that got overlooked for the state teams because they sorta top up on midfielders & sometimes use the tall midfielders to play KPP roles o_O I hope certain players been played out of position isn't messing with their chance of been taken in the draft, because that would be disappointing for a young player

You can add Fox to that list of strong Fowards. Going to be interesting if he plays as a full forward for at least one match. I remember last year he went on a rampage in one game and kicked 6 goals. Very, very good contested mark considering he needs to put on about 10 or so kg's.

probably why he was in Tassies best the other day even though he only kicked one goal probably took about 5-6 contested marks and had a good day ruck wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back