Preview 2014 Fixture - What will it look like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok guys so here's what we know about Round 1, time to weigh in.... who will we be playing.

Round 1 match ups
GCS V RICH
CARL V PORT
NM V ESS
GEEL V ADEL
HAW V BL
SYD V GWS
WCE V ???

Leaving:
Fremantle to play:
Melbourne *we can only play them if there is only 1 western derby* (supposedly playing in R16 in Darwin)
Bulldogs
Collingwood
Saint Kilda

Revising this list further... we ASSUME that there are 2 derbies.
So
FRE V ????
Collingwood
Western Bulldogs
Saint Kilda

8 Days to go.... but we don't wanna wait! so who will it be is my question, feel free to provide an answer :p

Didn't Tarrant then retaliate? I somehow remember Taz being involved.

I seem to remember a female patron complaining that he bared his arse to her.

Probably one of the few times in his life Tarrant had complaints about that.

We gained a lot of respect this year from the football public but seemingly not from Vlad and his fixturing Nazis.
Our effort in playing our B team against St Kilda really upset Vlad to the point he sent us to Geelong.
That really came back to bite him on the arse.
His punishment back fired so we are still up for nasty little quirks that will appear regarding our fixturing next year. Just watch it happen, there will be at least 2 or 3 that will make us sit up and say WHAT THE F***?

i just found out Collingwood to travel interstate 5 times next year... we all know 1 is to sydney so that leaves 4 travels against these 7 teams
Freo
Adelaide
E-Girls
Port Adelaide
Brisbane
Gold Coast
GWS

apparently we play them at the G and not twice.....

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-23/alice-to-host-historic-afl-game
This article suggests it's unlikely our round 1 opponent will be Melbourne because it says we play them at TIO Stadium on Round 16. Technically we can't play them twice because i think we can only play 1 team in the bottom six which is WCE. Sounds about right that the AFL decides to send us to Darwin...
yeah so who will our Round 1 opponent be?

Western Bulldogs or Saint Kilda are the 2 most Likely because we're said to have been playing Collingwood at the MCG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've no idea if it will be at Subi or not (why do you keep asking that?), but if all the leaks are true it must be the Saints for us in round 1.
so you heard it on the other forum that it's Saint Kilda round 1 (possibly) followed by Hawthorn Round 2?

so you heard it on the other forum that it's Saint Kilda round 1 (possibly) followed by Hawthorn Round 2?

Nah I just heard on the other forum that WB play Pies round 1, so if you add that to all the other rumours aren't the saints all that are left (unless we have a round 1 derby)?

y
Nah I just heard on the other forum that WB play Pies round 1, so if you add that to all the other rumours aren't the saints all that are left (unless we have a round 1 derby)?
yeah but i dont think you play the same opposition 2 years in a row in Round 1 unless traditional (eg. Carlton Richmond) and club CEOS request derby dates... there would be news about it in WA papers as there was last year. So no Derby round 1

also it seems that the AFL have revealed EVERY OTHER match up but Freo's what does that tell you?
but yeah, speaking cohesively.... on ALL the information gathered our candidates for R1 are still
*Bulldogs (unlikely as you mentioned because are "supposedly" playing C'Wood R1)
*Collingwood (most unlikely because we're only playing them once at the G apparently)
*Egays (Unlikely as i mentioned earlier)
*Saint Kilda... yep! all signs point to Saint Kilda.... probably safe to ASSUME that thats our R1 match up for 2014... i'd back us in

we are not playing twice
*Geelong
*Collingwood
*Carlton

We are Playing Twice
*West Coast Eagays
*Hawthorn
*???
*???
*???

Pretty much been confirmed around through adding together various articles.
r1 v Dees at Subi
r2 v Hawks at MCG
we cant play melbourne in round 1, we're playing them in darwin round 16
we think it's saint kilda round 1 at Subi

we cant play melbourne in round 1, we're playing them in darwin round 16
we think it's saint kilda round 1 at Subi

How does that mean we can't play them round 1?
We do play 5 teams twice......

How does that mean we can't play them round 1?
We do play 5 teams twice......
I think we can only play one team in the bottom six twice and we're already playing west coast twice, so can't play melbourne twice also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back