Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah our cap at the moment has everyone a bit miffed. It is more than likely tight but have absolutely no idea how tight due to front and back loading of contracts.

It also depends on who stays and who goes as well. With LRT, ROK and possibly Shaw and mal gone, it opens up a fair bit of cap
Wasn't Buddy signed with the view of these guys leaving in the next year or two to free up the required millions?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/pa...preseason-begins/story-fndv8pdq-1227042594233

“I’ve always said to the player group - I said it to the Sydney guys at the end of every year (when he coached the Swans) and I’ve said it to the Melbourne guys tonight - every player is tradeable in my view,’’ Roos said.

“We’ll try to get the best possible list we can get moving into next year.
Roos said he had a preference to draft midfielders because it was so difficult to assess taller players in under-age football.

“I think the midfield is the area that we need to continue to improve,’’ Roos said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys just wondering when Jamars contract expires and also how long do you think he has in him to perform at AFL level?

Has one more year. He's shown a lot of potential in the last few years and seems to be developing very nicely.

Hey guys just wondering when Jamars contract expires and also how long do you think he has in him to perform at AFL level?

Yeah Id have to think a year maybe 2 at most, he would come cheap if your after him I would think
Could probably help us get a 3rd round upgrade or something like that

Yeah Id have to think a year maybe 2 at most, he would come cheap if your after him I would think
Could probably help us get a 3rd round upgrade or something like that
Yeah he'd only be a short term emergency ruck behind Lobbe and Redden. But I rate him, Did pretty well vs Lobbe in the NT earlier in the year. Way better than Renouf.

Yeah he'd only be a short term emergency ruck behind Lobbe and Redden. But I rate him, Did pretty well vs Lobbe in the NT earlier in the year.

He is still a very good ruckman, he just doesnt have the legs to get around the ground anymore
Would go ok if he could play ruck then rest forward

He is still a very good ruckman, he just doesnt have the legs to get around the ground anymore
Would go ok if he could play ruck then rest forward
Exactly what we need. A ruck that can play as a 3rd tall fwd.
Giles from GWS would be my first option but Jamar resting forward would be great too.
It lessens the load on Lobbe, Westhoff can then roam around the ground as a spare man and Schulz isn't the only tall by himself in the fwd line.

Exactly what we need. A ruck that can play as a 3rd tall fwd.
Giles from GWS would be my first option but Jamar resting forward would be great too.
It lessens the load on Lobbe, Westhoff can then roam around the ground as a spare man and Schulz isn't the only tall by himself in the fwd line.

Its also very dependent on what happened to Gawn last night, did his knee .. Not sure how badly but if its the worst then it only leaves Jamar and Spencer on the list
Jamar would be very good for you guys next year though

Its also very dependent on what happened to Gawn last night, did his knee .. Not sure how badly but if its the worst then it only leaves Jamar and Spencer on the list
Jamar would be very good for you guys next year though
Hope Big Maxy is ok. We have had problems with Redden (hasn't played AFL in about 2 years) and Renouf (16 games in 3 years) getting knee injuries too. It's a shame that most talls have these types of injuries.

Gameday reporting Gawn is getting scans this morning on a potential ACL
Fingers crossed.

We knew this was always on the cards too. Irrespective of the outcome we desperately need to get another solid ruckman on our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back