Frawley
Blease
Tapscott

Upgrades:
Jetta

Lucky:
Jordie Mac
Matt Jones

Blease is a freak, can do extraordinary things but he does not fit in to our gameplan and style of play. Could get a half decent pick for him.

Tappy, not sure if he has any value. Don't mind him, but would rather something else if possible. Happy to retain for one more year if nothing better comes about.

Praying to god that we trade a high pick for midfield quality, and that we keep Watts.

7-8 spots on the list up for grabs, with Nev taking one of them.
Draft 4 or 5 - in the hope that we trade a couple more in and may even grab a delisted player for free and/or ROK.

My two cents, for what it's worth.

Delist Fitzy? No dice, one of the only key forwards we have that can run and kick a goal.

King is a long term project and this was his first season on the rookie list, too early to give up on him.

Blease can fetch something. Tappy probably hopeful

No he can't.. He is out of contract

We would be lucky to get a pick in the 60's for him, if we hold out for more clubs will just let us delist him and then draft him with a pick in the 60's

Edit- Wait you said delist Fitzy and King?

I wont bother

Delist Fitzy? No dice, one of the only key forwards we have that can run and kick a goal.

King is a long term project and this was his first season on the rookie list, too early to give up on him.

Fitzy is as dumb as they come, and is going no where. Even the Casey Coaches dont want him in the team.

King isn't up to it, poor kid had a bit of an injury this year. But when the Casey 2s other ruckman is showing you up, it's hard to justify a spot

Fitzy is as dumb as they come, and is going no where. Even the Casey Coaches dont want him in the team.

King isn't up to it, poor kid had a bit of an injury this year. But when the Casey 2s other ruckman is showing you up, it's hard to justify a spot

Where did you come to these conclusions? Fitzy has been one of the best for Casey the past couple of years and looked pretty good at AFL level kicking goals, would be stupid to delist him.

King is still only 18 himself, absolutely ridiculous to suggest he isn't up to it right now.

Where did you come to these conclusions? Fitzy has been one of the best for Casey the past couple of years and looked pretty good at AFL level kicking goals, would be stupid to delist him.

King is still only 18 himself, absolutely ridiculous to suggest he isn't up to it right now.

Everyone knows ruckmen are at their peak at 18:rolleyes:

At least you sound like you know something about what you are talking about.

Probably gone a bit early on kingy i will admit, but either way it will be largely irrelevent when he is gone at the end of last year.

Fitzy doesnt listen to what the coaches tell him, and makes some mind boggling decisions with ball in hand when he does finally touch it.

Would much rather a serviceable, reliable back up ruckman in case of injury.

MELBOURNE ruckman Max Gawn underwent scans on his injured right knee on Sunday.

The initial reports from the scans have shown that his ACL is stable but there is damage to his medial meniscus.

Manager of football Josh Mahoney said: "Max has injured the same knee, which was medically repaired when he ruptured his ACL in 2011.”

“He is likely to require surgery to repair his damaged meniscus.

“A further review of his ACL graft will need to be undertaken during surgery to confirm this diagnosis.”

The club will provide further update when one is available

I think this is amazing news???

Amusing, but when the guy that is showing him up is younger than he is it becomes less so.

Honestly havent seen any VFL footy this year apart from the telly, but It would seem an odd choice to take a rookie ruckman then delist him after 1 season
No one expects to see anything from these guys for 3 years

At least you sound like you know something about what you are talking about.

Probably gone a bit early on kingy i will admit, but either way it will be largely irrelevent when he is gone at the end of last year.

Fitzy doesnt listen to what the coaches tell him, and makes some mind boggling decisions with ball in hand when he does finally touch it.

Would much rather a serviceable, reliable back up ruckman in case of injury.

You keep talking about him as a ruckman, he's been played predominantly as a forward when playing for Melbourne and done well when doing so.

It's an easy keep for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MELBOURNE ruckman Max Gawn underwent scans on his injured right knee on Sunday.

The initial reports from the scans have shown that his ACL is stable but there is damage to his medial meniscus.

Manager of football Josh Mahoney said: "Max has injured the same knee, which was medically repaired when he ruptured his ACL in 2011.”

“He is likely to require surgery to repair his damaged meniscus.

“A further review of his ACL graft will need to be undertaken during surgery to confirm this diagnosis.”

The club will provide further update when one is available

I think this is amazing news???

Careful, he's likely to spontaneously combust if you celebrate too soon.

You keep talking about him as a ruckman, he's been played predominantly as a forward when playing for Melbourne and done well when doing so.

It's an easy keep for mine.

Just depends on how many they want to take i guess.

But off the top of my head - Dawes, Hogan, Gawn, Jamar, Pederson and Howe are all ahead of him in that department.

Careful, he's likely to spontaneously combust if you celebrate too soon.

Ok but if we get the green light

KermitFlail.gif

Please dont anyone suggest trading Blease or Tappy

They will either be re-contracted or delisted

No one is paying for them

May I ask what happened to Tapscott as I remember when he was in the U18 championships and I was a massive fan of getting him to the Swans as I thought he looked like he would be a gun player especially with that kick of his which is so helpful in breaking the lines?

Just depends on how many they want to take i guess.

But off the top of my head - Dawes, Hogan, Gawn, Jamar, Pederson and Howe are all ahead of him in that department.

Dawes is not that far infront of him at all as a forward, Howe is a backmen atm
Gawn may be out for a while and Jamar is almsot finished

That leaves Pedo who is a better forward and a kid who has played 0 games yet

May I ask what happened to Tapscott as I remember when he was in the U18 championships and I was a massive fan of getting him to the Swans as I thought he looked like he would be a gun player especially with that kick of his which is so helpful in breaking the lines?

I love tappy, but injuries and his inability to develop an AFL tank have hurt him

Im sure Tappy and Blease are a chance of getting picked up and going ok, we just wont get anything for them

What happened? he got drafted to Melbourne

What happened? he got drafted to Melbourne

Yah. If Sydney had drafted him he'd probably be keeping McGlynn out of the side or something ridiculous.

Yah. If Sydney had drafted him he'd probably be keeping McGlynn out of the side or something ridiculous.
We'd probably be offering them pick 3 to bring him here

Dawes is not that far infront of him at all as a forward, Howe is a backmen atm
Gawn may be out for a while and Jamar is almsot finished

That leaves Pedo who is a better forward and a kid who has played 0 games yet

Jamar has definitely one, possibly two years.

Howe is a much better forward, but even so when you have guys like Dunn, Howe and Garlo all who can go forward if need be, it's even less of a necessity to keep Fitzy.

and Hogan may not have played any games, but fitzy has a grand total of about 15 and is 4 years older. AND Hogan killed him at Casey last year.

Jamar has definitely one, possibly two years.

Howe is a much better forward, but even so when you have guys like Dunn, Howe and Garlo all who can go forward if need be, it's even less of a necessity to keep Fitzy.

and Hogan may not have played any games, but fitzy has a grand total of about 15 and is 4 years older. AND Hogan killed him at Casey last year.
Also Dawes is a Country mile in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back