Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the same sort of injury that caused Egan to retire?

Absolutely terrible news though. Hope he can get back but very worried.
Assuming it's another 12 months. Gonna be tough, he'll have had nearly 2 years out of the game.

However.... tin foil hat time...

Dees knew about his foot; trying to make what looked like an unders trade; make off like bandits after turning 23 into 12...
I doubt it, doesn't seem at all like the kind of thing Roosy would do. Connolly...maybe.

Sucks I really wanted him (fully fit) as I think he is a gun. Doesn't sound good and I assume Melbourne knew about this and were trying to make off with our pick 12 like bandits.

He's better than Hodge, Lewis, Gray, Beams, Rockliff, Mitchell, Boak and Heppell.

Seriously underrating him there.

I didn't go into a full analysis when I was throwing names in, but personally I don't reckon he's that brilliant. When he's good, he's very good. I think some of the eye-catching things he does get people lathered up more than they should. I'd take a bunch of other players before him but it's a matter of opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

****ing typical. All those stupid riddles. Demonland can G&GF never venturing onto that hole again.

Hopefully Trengove can find someway to recovery and football.

On this...I think the club doing the sneaky with the injury is bang-on.

We were all questioning why. There's two trains of thought here. One is that it's setting up for something bigger. Two is that his foot is worse than letting on.

Poor bastard.

I really he hope he gets his body right. Not even for football, just for his own health and welfare.

However.... tin foil hat time...

Dees knew about his foot; trying to make what looked like an unders trade; make off like bandits after turning 23 into 12...

If Richmond approached us and proposed the trade, then it's up to their medical staff to assess the foot. It's not Melbourne trying anything shonky - everyone has their own team of experts. If they miss it or think different on the injury, that's on them.

On this...I think the club doing the sneaky with the injury is bang-on.

Nah mate, Richmond did a medical and he failed it. Obviously they know he's been injured so it's up to them to assess the damage. Nothing shonky on our part.

Assuming it's another 12 months. Gonna be tough, he'll have had nearly 2 years out of the game.
Should go have a chat with Hirdy, and John Quinn if he's healthy enough. Work out how they got Hirdy back to his best. Because it can be done.

And avoid like the plague whatever idiot doctors Egan went and saw.

Problem is those guys all performed at a consistently high level this year compared to Danger who has a standout game every 2 weeks Inbetween sub par performances.
Danger's year this year was down because Adelaide were playing him through exhaustion and he was still top 3 in the Brownlow. His best is sublime and he really is one of the top 5 midfielders in the competition.

Bad news all round. Wish the best for Jack, seems like a loyal kid (getting rarer and rarer these days), and the sought of guy you would want at your footy club. Hopefully he can get over this foot injury. Would of loved him at tigerland.

I don't think it's "stuffed" his surgeon said he was happy with it, perhaps he's just gone too hard too soon.

I don't buy that his foot is stuffed after his surgeon being happy with the amount of healing in the foot.

Healing is healing but if he cant even get back to full running without re injuring it he is in serious trouble

It's time you amateur forensics stopped questioning Roos and Jackson for sentimental issues. They knew what was up. It will be a miracle for me if JT ever plays again knowing Egan and Croad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back