2014 Membership Tally - Final Tally - *47,557

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI

2014members17032014.png

Sunday night has cost us around 5,000 members.

Maybe that'd be a good debrief point. "Good work boys, you've just cost your workplace about $1.5m".

I don't see how.

It didn't cost us 5K Members last year when we lost to Richmond in Round 1.

At the same time last year we were at 39,763 so we up just over 4K.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see how.

It didn't cost us 5K Members last year when we lost to Richmond in Round 1.

At the same time last year we were at 39,763 so we up just over 4K.

Last year we had the Mick hype to get us a few members. This year we have nothing.

Speaking to the membership department they said after the horrible loss to Essendon in Round 4, 2012 the phones went silent. Completely dead. Before that memberships were selling like hotcakes.

Rounds 1-4 or so are absolutely vital for membership revenue.

5,000 is a number I pulled out of my ass. A few thousand people will not be signing up though after that dismal effort. If I had a family and wasn't doing too well in the financial stakes I definitely wouldn't be forking out $415 for a family membership.

Last year we had the Mick hype to get us a few members. This year we have nothing.

Speaking to the membership department they said after the horrible loss to Essendon in Round 4, 2012 the phones went silent. Completely dead. Before that memberships were selling like hotcakes.

5,000 is a number I pulled out of my ass. A few thousand people will not be signing up though after that dismal effort. If I had a family and wasn't doing too well in the financial stakes I definitely wouldn't be forking out $415 for a family membership.

This year we have Daisy.

2012 is 2 yrs ago and things change.

Hopefully we can get over 50K this year.

Man, they really aren't helpful. On the 3rd email I sent, in regards to getting a sizing chart for the heritage jumpers, I finally get a response "Same as normal guernseys" That's it.

To my question of can I get 150 on the back, I get "No you can't"

lol thanks membership team!

We also had someone kick in for 5k memberships last year....few people i know received free ones :rolleyes: .......last years figure cannot be taken seriously.

We also had someone kick in for 5k memberships last year....few people i know received free ones :rolleyes: .......last years figure cannot be taken seriously.
This is happening at a number of clubs, including Collingwood. It is why membership numbers are becoming such an unreliable measure of how a club is tracking. Membership revenue figures are a much better guide of how this aspect of a club is going & we do alright on this side of things.

Wouldn't bother with an email.

It's easy enough to send an email to the trash folder, but a call......well it's not as easy to hang up on a customer.
I did end up going the email route J, last Friday morning, and specifically asked for an urgent response given the season is underway.

Nothing as of 15.00 today. But I did get my third $200 raffle ticket call in six months this morning...nice to know I have not been completely forgotten.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 Membership Tally - Final Tally - *47,557

Remove this Banner Ad

Back