Jake Stringer $12.00
Joe Daniher $14.00
Jed Anderson $14.00
Jessie Hogan $14.00
James Aish $21.00
Jack Billings $21.00
Thomas Boyd $21.00

scharenberg $31, Garlett $34, Bontempelli, Sheed, Taylor $41

Patton not even on the board? Unless I'm mistaken, he is eligible (under 21 as of 1/1/14 and 10 or less games). If it's 'less than 10 games' he's out, but I'm pretty sure 10 is ok.

Didn't really dominate the SANFL this year due to injuries and getting tagged, but he still averaged 17 disposals a match whilst spending some time down back and up forward. But I don't think he will play more than 10 games next year unless one of Hanley, Mayes or Rich gets injured for the whole year. Unless his form in the NEAFL literally demands a spot, I just can't see him playing that much in the seniors.

That's the only reason I won't put too much money on him. But I'll probably just throw a lazy $20 or so on him or one of our other boys.

fair point but I think brissy would be stupid not to pump games into him. Hes ready for it and IMO you're a few years off finals so makes sense

Patton not even on the board? Unless I'm mistaken, he is eligible (under 21 as of 1/1/14 and 10 or less games). If it's 'less than 10 games' he's out, but I'm pretty sure 10 is ok.

Fair point of shock if correct but keep in mind that odds are based on the market so if people don't really realise he's still eligible then there's a very obvious explanation for his absence from the top odds. Also coming back from an ACL, who knows how that'll work for him

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ising-star-award/story-fni5f7ka-1226768735260

2014 AFL RISING STAR MARKET
$6 Jack Martin (GC)
$10 Brodie Grundy (Coll)
$12 Mitch Grigg (Adel), Jake Stringer (WB)
$14 Joe Daniher (Ess), Jed Anderson (Haw), Jesse Hogan (Melb), Nathan Hrovat (WB)
$21 Jack Billings (StK), Tom Boyd (GWS), Josh Kelly (GWS), James Aish (BL), Luke McDonald (NM)
$26 Troy Menzel (Carl), Jonathan Patton (GWS), Lachie Hunter (WB), Billy Longer (StK), Jesse Lonergan (GC)
$34 Marco Paparone (BL), Dayle Garlett (Haw), Jackson Thurlow (Geel), Kade Kolodjashnij (GC), Matthew Scharenberg (Coll), Shane Kersten (Geel)
$41 Nathan Wright (StK), Sam Colquhoun (PA), Harry Cunningham (Syd), Nick Graham (Carl), Marcus Bontempelli (WB), Christian Salem (Melb), Nathan Freeman (Coll), Dom Sheed (WC), Ben Lennon (Rich), Patrick Cripps (Carl), Luke Dunstan (StK), Matt Crouch (Adel), Jackson Paine (BL)
Others quoted
Odds: sportsbet.com.au

So it seems as though he is eligible.

Fair point of shock if correct but keep in mind that odds are based on the market so if people don't really realise he's still eligible then there's a very obvious explanation for his absence from the top odds. Also coming back from an ACL, who knows how that'll work for him

So it seems as though he is eligible.

Definitely value there. I wouldn't have him as favourite or anything, but $26 looks very juicy.

odds are up

Jack Martin $7.00
Brodie Grundy $10.00
Mitchell Grigg $12.00
Jake Stringer $12.00
Joe Daniher $14.00
Jed Anderson $14.00
Jessie Hogan $14.00
James Aish $21.00
Jack Billings $21.00
Thomas Boyd $21.00

scharenberg $31, Garlett $34, Bontempelli, Sheed, Taylor $41

Jed Anderson's odds will blow out now the kid is in hospital. :thumbsdown:

wow.
I wish jedi all the best and a speedy recovery.

Look at him trying to live out his Rambo fantasies

JED-GOOSE.jpg

He is either trying to prove his manhood or he is really stupid. I only wish the geese could shoot back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be backing Martin this year, with the same thought process as last year by backing o'meara.
A year in the system getting the body ready for the rigours of afl combined with a midfield that includes, ablett, jom, swallow, bennell and prestia bringing him into the game puts him well ahead of the rest.
With the calibre the GC have in their midfield he will be basically allowed to run around by himself.

Look at him trying to live out his Rambo fantasies

JED-GOOSE.jpg

He is either trying to prove his manhood or he is really stupid. I only wish the geese could shoot back.

Don't worry he'll be smashing some Swans next year instead.

I thought Hallahan was the one?
Woodward has been very unlucky injury wise, I wouldn't hold any expectations other then him getting though a season injury free. But in saying that he was close to debuting before he dids his knee the firat time, and then lifted his training to a new level the following preseason to only suffer another season ending knee.

Hallahan, Woodward and Anderson will all be fighting over the final midfield spots with Simpkin, Sewell and Shiles.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 rising star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back