2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

They paid pick 2 for Dom Tyson who'd shown quite a lot. Toumpas's current form line is a lot closer to Polec or even Cale Morton.

That was only a pick downgrade from pick 2 to pick 9 as well (pick 2 + pick 20ish for Tyson + pick 9, IIRC).

I'm on the record as not being as opposed as others are to trading Leuey, but I would never send him to the Demons. He deserves much better.
You can't be willing to trade a player then compromise on the best result because you want your traded player to be cushy.
Melbourne are getting better anyway. Goodwin now appointed settles them more.

You can't be willing to trade a player then compromise on the best result because you want your traded player to be cushy.

You can if he is contracted and has to agree to the trade.

On the Ryder to Sydney thing, which I think makes perfect sense, it's worth remembering that their first round pick is likely to be spoken for on Isaac Heeney.

So any trade would have to involve players, or Essendon getting rogered good and proper.
I can see a straight swap for Mitchell happening.
That would certainly help free up the cap space if Mitchell is really on 500k.
I'm sure essendon would rather Mitchell over pick 25 too

Can anybody explain how it is assumed that even with Tippett salary and buddy and Kennedy and Parker and hannabry and all the others, that even though goodes and o'keefe will retire that some how they still have $2 million in their salary cap to spend, yet we only have $1.8 million. Doesn't make any sence to me. I will be filthy if swans nab ryder. Not because it directly affects us, but because that will be the third major recruit that they have poached in three consecutive years. You can't tell me that the allowance has nothing to do with it. Equalisation what a joke.

Can anybody explain how it is assumed that even with Tippett salary and buddy and Kennedy and Parker and hannabry and all the others, that even though goodes and o'keefe will retire that some how they still have $2 million in their salary cap to spend, yet we only have $1.8 million. Doesn't make any sence to me. I will be filthy if swans nab ryder. Not because it directly affects us, but because that will be the third major recruit that they have poached in three consecutive years. You can't tell me that the allowance has nothing to do with it. Equalisation what a joke.

Where'd you pull this from?

If Mitchell is on 500k, they mustn't pay half their list ...

Mitchell had a couple of very well-compensated years ($500k is probably exaggeration, but I've also heard $400k floated) tacked on to his rookie deal to avoid him turning down Sydney's F/S offer in favour of being picked up by GWS who were offering similar.

Surely that can't be true ($2 million in cap). Now I ask, what would all you fine people think they had in their cap after for example if goodes, o'keefe retired and Mitchell, malcheski left???

Surely that can't be true ($2 million in cap). Now I ask, what would all you fine people think they had in their cap after for example if goodes, o'keefe retired and Mitchell, malcheski left???

Depends how much is already allocated due to anticipated retirements, backended contracts, payrises for young guns etc etc...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had heard at the start of the season that 3 players were earning $3m between them this year in Tippett, Buddy and Goodes. On that basis, approx $850k for Goodes, $500k O'Keefe, possibly $350-400k for Malcheski and Mitchell. For a conservative total around $2m. Although veterans list would be in play.

If Tippett, Buddy, Goodes, O'Keefe, Malceski and Mitchell were on about $4.2 mil combined; Kennedy, Jack, Hannebery, McVeigh, Richards, Smith, Shaw, Jetta, Parker, etc. must have been underpaid.

I thought I got lost on the Sydney board for a minute.

But geez if the swans have 2 mill somewhere in there cap expect danger field and Ryder to be in the red and white next year.

Pick 5 for Toumpas, don't know what some of you guys are on but i'm getting the feeling it's good. A pick between 30 and 40 sounds more like it. As i stated in a previous post it seems odd they want to shop around an early draft pick seeing as they aren't exactly flushed with talent. Potential Richard Tambling?

I reckon I will be one of the few people on this board happy if we manage to recruit Mitch Robinson, assuming of course we get him on the cheap, which seems likely.

I know about his off-field stuff, but he works bloody hard on the field, and he doesn't shy away from a contest. The quality of his disposal seems to have deteriorated, but possibly that's due to a lack of self confidence since Malthouse took over. When he's on song, he has a very direct way of playing footy which is great to watch. In my opinion, he is well worth the risk.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back