List Mgmt. 2015 AFL Draft - what type of players should we be looking at & who do we take? (Poll added)

Who would you select with our first round pick?

• Joshua Schache (VIC – KPF)

Votes: 57 12.8%
  • Jacob Weitering (VIC – KPD)

Votes: 349 78.3%
  • Aaron Francis (SA – DEF/FWD)

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Charlie Curnow (VIC – KPF/MID)

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Kieran Collins (VIC – KPD)

• Ryan Clarke (VIC – MID/FWD)

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Darcy Parish (VIC – MID/DEF)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get carlisle in the PSD then we have a kp player who really prefers to be a defender. Even tough he is a swingman, essendon have failed to get the best out of him as a permanent forward. With henderson and carlisle down back we have the backline more than covered.
So if we are debating Big W or Big S the debate might be influenced by whethe carlisle is a genuine possibility to come to us. If he does....

Big S taller, stronger, a tom boyd type. Great kick.
Big W shorter but much more flexible. Got the better of Big S in their recent match up.
Personally i am not as impressed with the earlier maturing kpp , who are able to dominate their smaller competitors. They will not be able to do this so easily playing men.
Big W seems much more competitive, a natural leader. Something we have been crying out for.
Big W for mine

Last edited:
How did Jackson Volpato play?
To be honest I was paying more attention to Calder, no one from Western stood out at all unfortunately although he did get in the bests for jets (not that that means much to me).
At 167cm he has to dominate (which he has been doing) to go in the ND. Think it's rookie at very best for him. Caleb Daniel at the same height was twice the player he is and he went at 46.

thought hisham kerbatieh was close to best on ground..he had plenty of it in atrocious conditions..and was influential..i never take notice of the bests on website.it appears pushing the barrell of others..your thoughts?

Agree with everything you've said, especially the bolded. I had him as just about best on too. Clear cut above the rest in that game.

Looks like step one of operation finish in the bottom 2 is complete with Gibbs being put out for surgery. Armfield out for 4 weeks to. I know we didnt plan it but it means theres 2 spots for the kids to play in plus there is Weitering waiting for us if we finish botton 2 it seems. Im also seeing talk of taking Carlisle via PSD if we finish last. Wouldnt all of our xmas's have come at once if that worked out!

If we get carlisle in the PSD then we have a kp player who really prefers to be a defender. Even tough he is a swingman, essendon have failed to get the best out of him as a permanent forward. With henderson and carlisle down back we have the backline more than covered.
So if we are debating Big W or Big S the debate might be influenced by whethe carlisle is a genuine possibility to come to us. If he does....

Big W taller, stronger, a tom boyd type. Great kick.
Big S shorter but much more flexible. Got the better of Big S in their recent match up.
Personally i am not as impressed with the earlier maturing kpp , who are able to dominate their smaller competitors. Ey will not be able to do this so easily playing men.
Big W seems much more competitive, a natural leader. Something we have been crying out for.
Big W for mine
Isn't s taller, and w got the better of s?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're talking about the game at the weekend, w didn't play on s, c did instead.

Well c plays in front while w likes to come from behind and s can get u all out of shape if you letter have too much space.

Agree with everything you've said, especially the bolded. I had him as just about best on too. Clear cut above the rest in that game.

just saw the stats.

kerbatieh had 28 possessions(game high) & 8 tackles & 2 goals and didnt get in the best..

puzzles me??

and that was after the third and fourth qtrs were cut to 15 mins.

as brian taylor would say..Woooowoowee

Last edited:
just saw the stats.kerbatieh had 28 possessions(game high) & 8 tackles & 2 goals and didnt get in the best..

puzzles me??

and that was after the third and fourth qtrs were cut to 15 mins.

as brian taylor would say..Woooowoowee
Yep was an impressive game. It is puzzling, I guess they do it to give the lesser lights a bit of a leg up... But it's really dumb and pointless, if it really is the reason.

Nick o'Kearny with our second pick? Only thing holding us back from picking him I reckon is the fact we have a plethora of halfback small defenders.
Also if we pass on Wietering, K Collins or Riley Bonner is a must.
Ben Aisnworth is also worth a look in the second round, we seriously lack speed and goalkicking prowess up front, he would fit our needs and I reckon he could slip to 30-35.

i would like us to invest, in small forwards for the rookie draft.
Real skinny, electric pace and keen goal sense.
I miss Jeffy :(
I think most of us miss him, but he had to go. We're trying to build a positive culture at the club, the off field issues Jeffy had were not in line with that (the ones published in the media and the ones that weren't (their were many)) But I agree, the lack of speed and class up forward must be addressed in the off season.

I think most of us miss him, but he had to go. We're trying to build a positive culture at the club, the off field issues Jeffy had were not in line with that (the ones published in the media and the ones that weren't (their were many)) But I agree, the lack of speed and class up forward must be addressed in the off season.

Agreed he had to go, I don't think he's adding positively to the Demons culture either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back