2015 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Lalor for me !! Thomastown have both rucks out and a loss could be good but if they get up could possibly be 3 and a half games clear . Playing against them there guys have actually mentioned the only aim was to stay up and yet they keep suprising but they have only lost 1 game in there past 27 games fair effort .

Lalor for me !! Thomastown have both rucks out and a loss could be good but if they get up could possibly be 3 and a half games clear . Playing against them there guys have actually mentioned the only aim was to stay up and yet they keep suprising but they have only lost 1 game in there past 27 games fair effort .
Neutral fan, but I have to put my hand up and say I was one of those people who said that.
Really impressed by Thomastown.

I sense a sour grape here.
why all the hatred towards thomastown sonny?
you don't think its a good effort that a team goes up a division and after 7 rounds are still undefeated?
got to give credit where it's due bud.

I totally agree with you Hawk, any team that goes up a division and can play finals is a great effort which doesn't happen that often in any league. Now to be 7-0 and undefeated is a huge effort.
Have they recruited many players into the team from div3? Have they raised the budget or are they just doing well as a group, incl a good coach..
I'm from the EDFL so don't know much about Thommo but I've never heard of them as one of the "bigger" clubs so it's a big effort.
If they were to win it are they prepared to recruit again?? Are they in good shape with a plan??

I'm just an interested observer as its great to hear about clubs doing well as plenty are struggling around the country..

I still don't rate them

Hey Sonny, that's your right and good to see you have the courage the air your opinion, "but" surely you respect them and acknowledge the achievement to date!!

Is Dean Sinclair coaching Thommo? His the ex Preston player yeah? Did he ever play there or where did he coach before?
I thought he might have played at Lalor..

I totally agree with you Hawk, any team that goes up a division and can play finals is a great effort which doesn't happen that often in any league. Now to be 7-0 and undefeated is a huge effort.
Have they recruited many players into the team from div3? Have they raised the budget or are they just doing well as a group, incl a good coach..
I'm from the EDFL so don't know much about Thommo but I've never heard of them as one of the "bigger" clubs so it's a big effort.
If they were to win it are they prepared to recruit again?? Are they in good shape with a plan??

I'm just an interested observer as its great to hear about clubs doing well as plenty are struggling around the country..

Wouldn't really know the exact number of recruits Turbo,I'm not directly involved with the club.
Mate of mine played for them couple years ago so the only involvement Ive had has been as a supporter. more so of the 2s than the 1s as he was a seconds player

Hey Sonny, that's your right and good to see you have the courage the air your opinion, "but" surely you respect them and acknowledge the achievement to date!!

Is Dean Sinclair coaching Thommo? His the ex Preston player yeah? Did he ever play there or where did he coach before?
I thought he might have played at Lalor..
It's great to have a view but have some sort of explanation why you think that would be even better?

Your right mate the bloke is from Lalor.

As for Thomastown, they say they're spending half of what the big clubs are and quite possibly be true.

They had a few blokes that were fringe players at Bundoora who wanted to play senior footy that had friends at Thomastown and have come good, with that being said Thomastown already had some good talent in their team. So I think depth isn't a issue.
With that being said there is a few other players that have come back to the team and also who aren't from Bundoora.

I am like you Turbo a mutual supporter that is fascinated to see how far Thomo can go from here!!

Very impressed so far. But big challenge this week!

Im pretty sure dean sinclair coached lalor when steven marshall was playing who is now lalors head coach.

Dean sinclair has won multiple premierships coaching thomo also

Will Peter Shep play for the Bridge this week.?

Ok so I think I can pick 4 this week!!
Game of the round
Lalor V Thomo - Whispers going around Thomastown are crippled with injuries, with that being said I said that depth isn't a problem. Lalor 19 points.
Bridges V Eagles - Bridges with a big win last week with a few ins, I am a big Bridges bandwagonner and think they get up with quality players in their side as long as they keep the ball away from Fairchild. Whittlesea have finally decided to play him at his best suited position and could easily win goal kicking if midfields don't stop entries into forward line which I think Hurstbridge w/ kruezer, shaw and Harvey to do that. Hbridge 8 points.
Stars V Panton HIll - This is a big game in the scheme of things for Stars, they are half a game out and Diamond creek not far away either. After a bad loss last week and not being able to kick straight over the past couple of weeks I am going to say this is the upset of the week. PHill by 11 points.
Mernda V Diamo - Diamo 60 pts

Good luck too all involved.

I
Ok so I think I can pick 4 this week!!
Game of the round
Lalor V Thomo - Whispers going around Thomastown are crippled with injuries, with that being said I said that depth isn't a problem. Lalor 19 points.
Bridges V Eagles - Bridges with a big win last week with a few ins, I am a big Bridges bandwagonner and think they get up with quality players in their side as long as they keep the ball away from Fairchild. Whittlesea have finally decided to play him at his best suited position and could easily win goal kicking if midfields don't stop entries into forward line which I think Hurstbridge w/ kruezer, shaw and Harvey to do that. Hbridge 8 points.
Stars V Panton HIll - This is a big game in the scheme of things for Stars, they are half a game out and Diamond creek not far away either. After a bad loss last week and not being able to kick straight over the past couple of weeks I am going to say this is the upset of the week. PHill by 11 points.
Mernda V Diamo - Diamo 60 pts

Good luck too all involved.
It wont be panic stations for the bears if they don't get the chockies this week. Id imagine it'd be hard maintaining this streak especially now with injuries. In saying that most sides have injuries but the bears do lack height. Missing Aussie Juro for a few weeks wont help but they seem to thrive on challenges. Their hunger and hardness is 100% and what separates them at the moment. Throw in their prized half back recruit from bundy Felattio who has yet to appear after foot surgery, the bears may get stronger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I

It wont be panic stations for the bears if they don't get the chockies this week. Id imagine it'd be hard maintaining this streak especially now with injuries. In saying that most sides have injuries but the bears do lack height. Missing Aussie Juro for a few weeks wont help but they seem to thrive on challenges. Their hunger and hardness is 100% and what separates them at the moment. Throw in their prized half back recruit from bundy Felattio who has yet to appear after foot surgery, the bears may get stronger.
You mean Follachio

I

Both teams are a couple players off fielding there best teams. no excuses for any team this weekend.

Lalor v thomo
Big game, lalors better players will be to good... Harley ryan and co.
Thomos back 6 will just lack some height and "toughness"
All eyes will be on ferraro, abela is a huge out but lalor have their injuries also
Lalor by 9pts

Hbridge vs whit
Big game, bridge are ticking over just fine coming off a huge win.
Hbridge by 30pts

Mernda vs creek
Mernda are having a horrible season with no key players,
Creek have been super competive against the top sides
Creek by 21pts

Stars vs phill
Stars copped a unexpected loss against lalor stars will bounce back
Stars by 43pts

Hurstbridge vs Whittlesea
Should be an entertaining game from start to finish.. Both teams are coming off big wins and will be heading into the game full of confidence.. A chance for Whittlesea to hold onto the top 2 spot, but the same with Hurstbridge who could possibly sit 2nd depending on other results. Hurstbridge look to be hitting their straps and might be able to get the points. Hurstbridge by 9pts.

Lalor vs Thomastown
Lalor had a great win against the Stars at Sir Doug Nicholls last week and look to be a smoky this year. Thomo had to fight hard for the win last week after getting jumped by Diamo, which shows they are a good side. It'll be a great game to watch and feel it might be time for the 0 to go. Lalor by 20pts.

Fitzroy Stars vs Panton Hill
Both sides coming off losses last week and will be looking for wins to stay in touch of the finals race. Stars have been inaccurate for the past month, kicking 75 behinds, if they can straighten up they should be able to beat Panton Hill at home, but the Hillers will throw everything at the Stars. Will be a good game early with the Stars taking the ascendency. Stars by 30 pts.

Mernda vs Diamond Creek
Diamond Creek by how far.. Mernda are struggling and it looks like it will only get worse. Will be a long year for the Demons. Diamo by 50pts.

New
Lalor v thomo
Lalor to be to big and tough.
Bloods by 27

Hbridge vs whit
Whittlesea been very lucky with some of there wins. Hbridge starting to gel.
Hbridge by 40

Mernda vs creek
Mernda are shit. diamo been unlucky in some close games.
Diamo by 50

Stars vs phill
Stars have fallen into a hole and not playing there brand. Have stopped there running game.
Phill in an upset by 9.

A couple of interesting, and important, games this week.

Hurstbridge vs Whittlesea. Expecting a close one here with not too much love for the Eagles who can surprise and topple the 'Bridges.
Lalor vs Thomastown. Surprising that an undefeated team isn't favoured here as the Bloods look to continue their strong recent showings.
Mernda vs Diamond Creek. Looks probably the easiest game to predict with the visiting Demons to account for the home Demons.
Fitzroy Stars vs Pamton Hill. Hard to work out the Stars but at home they should be able to squash the Redbacks.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back