2015 Fixture (who did well and who got unlucky)

Remove this Banner Ad

With you 100% Telsor. I don't think we need to play Freo twice. Only the AFL think that. The supporters don't care. The vast majority of supporters would simply prefer a rolling concurrent draw which simply just keeps going around in a circle. To this day there is not one ounce of proof a rolling concurrent draw would bring in less money.

I agree with you regarding rolling draw, that's how it was a decade or so ago. However if you didn't play Freo twice you would travel an extra week.... Is that what you want?

This draw is likely to be a coach killer for Hardwick I think.

Richmond have been handed an absolute plum draw - if they can't produce in 2015 Hardwick would be gone I would think.
What? Hardwick is the inform coach of he AFL, he has won 9 of his last 10 games :p

I agree with you regarding rolling draw, that's how it was a decade or so ago. However if you didn't play Freo twice you would travel an extra week.... Is that what you want?

We would still get 11 home games and 11 away so it would be no issue. Mate it is about time all clubs put the comp ahead of their own needs and did what was right for the competition. With 18 sides a rolling draw is the fairest way of doing it. Not totally fair but the fairest of all options. Club greed and selfishness has created this mess we have now. The fixture is basically a set up, how on earth could our major sport in Australia of sunk to this level is beyond me.

Problem with this rating system is the points assigned to everything are fairly arbitrary. I see the logic behind the Hawthorn 18 points, St Kilda 1 point thing but that just assumes that there is an equal gap in difficulty of every team based on ladder position. A terrible assumption to make given how close sections of the ladder were with many teams separated by mere percentage. The points awarded for everything else (road trips, interstate games, 6 day breaks) are all completely subjective and I doubt there is any stats that backs up the values used.
Would be better to rate them on season wins (so hawthorn 20 points, Sydney 19, Geelong 17 etc)

Hard to make comments on other sides but the swans not getting much exposure in Melbourne would be really dissapointing for their fans down here, and I would like to see sides like the dogs get at least a prime time Friday night slot. A club like this needs to make money. Not sure how an average side like Richmond deserve 7 Friday night games, you should earn that right. Would think Port should have a few more games at the G.

did Sydney only get three of it's group of six again? these six team groups seem rather fluid...for certain teams.

It seems more likely that you do not understand the grouping system at all.

Sydney got the most double ups against the top 6 that is possible under the system, including the 2 highest ranked opponents possible. The one 'easy' part of their draw is the standard return game against GWS, but that will always be played no matter how good GWS become.

It seems more likely that you do not understand the grouping system at all.

Sydney got the most double ups against the top 6 that is possible under the system, including the 2 highest ranked opponents possible. The one 'easy' part of their draw is the standard return game against GWS, but that will always be played no matter how good GWS become.
So teams play 17 once and five twice. sydney get gws as a derby, and the next four should be top six teams. port should get adelaide and four, north and hawks should get five. which of course disadvantages the vic teams unless the afl simply comes out and nominates a rival for each. which they basically have for the bigger teams, two rivals for some. the whole system is too compromised to put rule after rule in. so why not look at slightly less revenue in the short term for longer term equity ( financial and on field) by creating a rolling draw, and stuff the derbies? it's the simplist and fairest solution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So 17 of 21 friday night games - the so called blockbuster, sell the game night - involves three of the worst eleven teams from last season?
Haha worst eleven teams.. good spin, like saying port were part of the worst 16 teams last season.

collingwood and richmond, 1 team that played finals and the other who just missed out with a big injury run. I'll give you carlton though, not sure how they got that many friday night games.

Hard to make comments on other sides but the swans not getting much exposure in Melbourne would be really dissapointing for their fans down here, and I would like to see sides like the dogs get at least a prime time Friday night slot. A club like this needs to make money. Not sure how an average side like Richmond deserve 7 Friday night games, you should earn that right. Would think Port should have a few more games at the G.
only big 4 team to make finals last 2 years, why shouldn't we get rewarded with friday night games?

Start performing and i'm sure teams like the dogs would get some friday night games.

Sure.

I don't care which club it is.

Im not saying you're wrong that its incorrect to say Hawthorn's fixture is harder for them because they play in Tassie (in fact the opposite could be said). But you are wrong to say that a club's draw cant be more difficult because they choose to play games away from their geographic home. The Bulldogs in Cairns and Darwin is a prime example of that.

Im not saying you're wrong that its incorrect to say Hawthorn's fixture is harder for them because they play in Tassie (in fact the opposite could be said). But you are wrong to say that a club's draw cant be more difficult because they choose to play games away from their geographic home. The Bulldogs in Cairns and Darwin is a prime example of that.
I never said it isn't more difficult.

Bring on Gil's ideal plan for next year's draw and all this bullshit will be a thing of the past. I hope it happens. Play every other team in the first 17 rounds and after round 17 work out the double ups based on ladder position.

This draw is likely to be a coach killer for Hardwick I think.

Richmond have been handed an absolute plum draw - if they can't produce in 2015 Hardwick would be gone I would think.

Commercially, it's a great fixture.

Football wise, it's fairly tough. (not unduely bad, but certainly not a 'plum draw').

Carlton and Richmond were kissed on the rick by fairies.

None of their Fri night spots are earned. Richmond's final showed just how far they are off in reality.

If they don't capitalize on primetime they should put the bulldogs in that spot to guve them sn economic uplift.
give friday night games to team who play finals... unfortunately recent history shows the crows are not one of these teams...

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Fixture (who did well and who got unlucky)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back