2015 Fixture (who did well and who got unlucky)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to make comments on other sides but the swans not getting much exposure in Melbourne would be really dissapointing for their fans down here, and I would like to see sides like the dogs get at least a prime time Friday night slot. A club like this needs to make money. Not sure how an average side like Richmond deserve 7 Friday night games, you should earn that right. Would think Port should have a few more games at the G.
Its no secret that the AFL wants to increase the crowd numbers next season, channel 7 is allways about making money, Richmond, Collingwood, Carlton(Essendon on the nose atm), are all the biggest crowd drawers, and television viewing numbers. It has little to do with earning the right...

8 FTA games in your own home state, what an absolute disgrace by the AFL, we were copping that a couple of yeers back.

Every team should get all their away games broadcast to their home state, if you don't put it on C7 then put it on 7Mate delayed or replayed if you are giving Foxtel live and exclusive. How are the Dogs meant to get new members? Have someone keen on following a club buy a Foxtel subscription first?

When Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton are shit they still get Friday night games and blockbusters, that isn't the right way to level the playing field. They need to get off the fatcat teat, they have created the monster that exists at present.
wow 8 FTA sounds ****ing awesome...

The last thing the AFL would want is Hawks with 10 Friday night games as Hawthorn versus 16 other teams will likely be a slaughter, a non event (see GF for proof of this). I prefer to watch Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon & Richmond games over any other teams and obviously I am not alone, henced the biased TV schedule. There are a lot of things in life that are not fair.

Cripes - watching Carlton is like watching paint dry while having your wisdom teeth pulled out at the roots with a rusty pair of pliers. Boring and incredibly painfull at the same time.

We play Saints, Suns, Bulldogs, Crows & Freo twice. We scored a pretty damn good draw.

Gold Coast will almost certainly be better than us next season, the Crows are a bit of an unknown too. Bulldogs are usually our bunnies.

Having said all that yeh pretty soft draw for us :p

Cripes - watching Carlton is like watching paint dry while having your wisdom teeth pulled out at the roots with a rusty pair of pliers. Boring and incredibly painfull at the same time.
did you miss the blues vs hawks last season? that was a pretty good game.

we put in some poor performances last season (port, bombers and pies 1st time around). But to say we are on the level of melbourne et al is ridiculous.

did you miss the blues vs hawks last season? that was a pretty good game.

we put in some poor performances last season (port, bombers and pies 1st time around). But to say we are on the level of melbourne et al is ridiculous.

You do realise we beat you last year yeah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

only big 4 team to make finals last 2 years, why shouldn't we get rewarded with friday night games?

Start performing and i'm sure teams like the dogs would get some friday night games.

Why so defensive , He never said you shouldn't get Friday night games mate. But 7? Maybe you could have 6 and the Bulldogs 1.... Would that be Ok mr 'big 4'? Just let 1 go?

Yeah I know, you guys copped all the interstate sides at home regularly and were rarely given big blockbuster games.

I did a little analysis a while back on you guys and you rarely got over 40k in home games during Scott's early tenure, mainly due to playing crap drawing sides.

Our only hope of cracking 30k at home next year is against Carlton and Collingwood, and perhaps round 1 against West Coast as it is Easter Saturday and hopefully both clubs fans turn up.

Yep and 30k isn't break even at Docklands, it is a very tough environment with Docklands in the state it is.

Much Rather watch Bulldogs than Carlton- I'd certainly rather watch the bulldogs a couple times than Carlton 7 times. Jesus Christ I'll be taking some extra shifts on friday nights or be going out a lot next season. I can see by halfway through the season that most the friday night games will be one sided.

Not me, I'd rather watch the Bullies. They Play a lot better footy to watch. More young rising stars. No Malthouse. Give me a Bullies game over Carlton any day.

What do other neutrals think?

I have no doubt (partly motivated by hate) that most neutrals would rather watch The Dogs then Carlton, but fact is, the advertisers and commercial interests don't dictate what most footy fans want.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Fixture (who did well and who got unlucky)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back