Mod. Notice 2015 GF Ticketing; please don't post telephone numbers - use the PM system

Remove this Banner Ad

Please Read:

If you want to know which tickets you have been allocated, log into ticketek, go to My Ticketek
and check transaction history.

That time of the year is here again; furtively vanishing at work for twenty minutes while we log into Ticketek with our barcodes and endure their website to purchase tickets. All members should have received instructions from the AFL about the protocol for ticket purchases.

We will certainly endure some frustration over the coming weeks getting good seats, having the website time out, etc. especially with a Qualifying Final looming against the biggest club in the AFL.

Until the end of the season, this thread can be the place to discuss all of it.

PLEASE NOTE

You may find you have tickets during the next month you cannot use.

Every year we have people looking to use BigFooty as a place to dispose of unwanted tickets. If you want to give those tickets a new home with a fellow hawk, by all means lets us know about it.

We ask that all sales are for face value or less only. Under anti-scalping regulations you can recover fair transaction costs up to 10% of face value. No markups, no bundling a ticket with another item (Can of Coke $250 - Includes Ticket). As a community with a common interest I hope we can deal fairly with each other.

There will be a main board equivalent thread if you wish to purchase from other supporters (perhaps most relevant for those who wish to head west this week).

PLEASE NOTE: This website or its moderators do not represent or vouch for people selling tickets on this site. All purchases are made at your own risk.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on donating barcodes OP ?

I have read a post already where someone offers cash for borrowing a barcode. Personally, I'd donate the use of mine mine for this friday only if:
1. Its not illegal
2. The person is a genuine supporter who wants to attend
3. The person will definitely not use the barcode for future finals

I have read a post already where someone offers cash for borrowing a barcode. Personally, I'd donate the use of mine mine for this friday only if:
1. Its not illegal
Point 3 would prevent me from doing so, truth be told.
I'd be more inclined to ask said person to provide the funds firstly (even if held by an intermediary perhaps?) and then purchase the ticket myself, before emailing it to them.

Except thats even more complicated. I am sympathetic to WA based supporters who dont get memberships because the chances of attending games at subiaco are quite small even for members (normally)

1. Its not illegal

I don't think anyone should ever hand barcodes around on BigFooty

If that someone then tried to use them for a Prelim or Grand Final you'd be f*ck@d

If you wanted to help fellow Hawks fans get to the Eagles v Hawks match then you'd be best off buying 2 tickets on Tuesday morning and then letting people know they could buy them from you

Except thats even more complicated. I am sympathetic to WA based supporters who dont get memberships because the chances of attending games at subiaco are quite small even for members (normally)
True mate, just an idea as I'd imagine donating a barcode would be too big a risk for most.

Everyone beware. Be alert and alarmed.
Be%20Aware.jpg

There we go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll get in early. I'm looking for a P1 membership to help a fan get a GF ticket should Hawthorn make it so they can go with their kids. Their kids have P1 memberships, but their single parent does not.

If anyone is unable to get to the GF this year with their P1 membership, I'm willing to pay a small donation to use theirs. I won't worry about collecting barcode number/s until after the Prelim, but any expressions of interest in the meantime would be greatly appreciated.

I'll get in early. I'm looking for a P1 membership to help a fan get a GF ticket should Hawthorn make it so they can go with their kids. Their kids have P1 memberships, but their single parent does not.

If anyone is unable to get to the GF this year with their P1 membership, I'm willing to pay a small donation to use theirs. I won't worry about collecting barcode number/s until after the Prelim, but any expressions of interest in the meantime would be greatly appreciated.

does the single parent qualify for concession ?

Can i get barcodes for only the Eagles games if i can prove ive already got GF tickets?

Hi guys

I've booked my flights for Friday night - looking forward to it. I've checked the Ticketmaster site and there appears to be a category of WCE member that gets priority access to tickets before they go on sale to the remainder of club members (listed as "West Coast Eagles Noteholder Members"). Is anybody aware of what that category is and how many tickets they're likely to acquire?

Hopefully they do not take up any meaningful portion of the overall allocation. I'd hate to get there and have to watch it in a pub.

I'm going to try and snag a couple of tickets to the Fremantle/Sydney final too, so I will relay my experience with that on here so people in the market for tickets to our game know what to expect tomorrow.

Cheers

Hi guys

I've booked my flights for Friday night - looking forward to it. I've checked the Ticketmaster site and there appears to be a category of WCE member that gets priority access to tickets before they go on sale to the remainder of club members (listed as "West Coast Eagles Noteholder Members"). Is anybody aware of what that category is and how many tickets they're likely to acquire?

Hopefully they do not take up any meaningful portion of the overall allocation. I'd hate to get there and have to watch it in a pub.

I'm going to try and snag a couple of tickets to the Fremantle/Sydney final too, so I will relay my experience with that on here so people in the market for tickets to our game know what to expect tomorrow.

Cheers

Hi mate,

My understanding is that both clubs have equal entitlement to tickets, ie available tickets divided by 2, given to each club. How the clubs divide those up is an internal thing. You have to remember how scarce footy tickets are in Perth all year.

There shouldn't be a problem getting tickets for any Hawks member. I doubt we'll even fill our quota.

Thanks Bayer.

There seems to be some confusion about that. You're not the first person to tell me it's a 50:50 quota. However, I called the club a few weeks back and I the lady I spoke to seemed to be of the understanding it was simply open slather for members of the competing clubs - that is, both WCE and HFC members are eligible to buy the 48,000-odd seats on a first in, best dressed basis.

She said this was still advantageous to HFC members because we are not confined to the very small quotas we would get for a regular away game at Subiaco (which is probably about 1,000 - 1500). However, that explanation is different to us having an allocation of 24,000 or so seats.

(I'm not saying you're wrong either Bayer - just that there doesn't seem to be any clear answer!)

Cheers

Thanks Bayer.

There seems to be some confusion about that. You're not the first person to tell me it's a 50:50 quota. However, I called the club a few weeks back and I the lady I spoke to seemed to be of the understanding it was simply open slather for members of the competing clubs - that is, both WCE and HFC members are eligible to buy the 48,000-odd seats on a first in, best dressed basis.

She said this was still advantageous to HFC members because we are not confined to the very small quotas we would get for a regular away game at Subiaco (which is probably about 1,000 - 1500). However, that explanation is different to us having an allocation of 24,000 or so seats.

Cheers

Ok, thanks for the info.

I can't imagine there are many notes holders.
If you get online at 9am (WST of course) you'll be fine. I still don't know how one club could pinch the other's tickets though. Otherwise I'd be buying tickets with my friends' barcodes, and give them to Hawks fans or neutrals.

Thanks Bayer.

Cheers
They reserve bays for each club's supporters. So essentially it is 50:50 until open to the general public, although if all the WCE bays were to sell out and there were plenty of HFC bays unattended, they would start filling them.
That's why the noteholder members have an hour headstart on HFC members.

Hi I will be flying for the game from Melbourne. My gold membership gives me allocation to one ticket only and I'd like to take my family here with me. Is there a thread for barcode sharing for this game? I will also happily purchase side by side tickets x4 if a hawks family would purchase that can't come to the game! I can pay you with PayPal (buyer/seller protection) also. Please help! PM me if able or send me a message on O433331985. Thank you in advance!

In advance of what is likely to happen tomorrow, this was my experience just now buying a couple of tickets with a Sydney Swans barcode:

11am - get "high volumes of traffic" error.
11.02am - "An error occurred retrieving your entitlements. To start again, please click the restart button."
11.04am - allocated seats for $80 per person, which I deemed too expensive.
11.06am - select category 3, receive two tickets in the front row in the forward pocket.
11.08 - order finalised.

Fingers crossed it's that straightforward tomorrow.

Hmm, I would like to help but I won't be able to purchase a ticket tomorrow morning due to work commitments. My membership doesn't allow me to get access to a GF ticket anyway but I would like to use my barcode for the next final we play. If anyone can come up with a way that I can help without risking someone using my barcode for the next final let me know.

Can anyone remember if we are allowed to purchase more than one ticket for the prelim per membership?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod. Notice 2015 GF Ticketing; please don't post telephone numbers - use the PM system

Remove this Banner Ad

Back