Preview 2015 Grand Final: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles - Gunston IN, Hartung OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that are fairly confident we are going to win on Saturday. I'll pose a question. West Coast were up by 50 points leading into the last quarter of the Qualifying final. Is this a concern?

Yes. They're a good chance to knock us off.

Too hot for a scarf this week. Shorts and Hawks hat for me. And about 10 litres of water and sunscreen - anyone on the south side of the ground is about to bake.

That would be me.
Hawks singlet, shorts, cap and scarf. Good to go.

Too hot for a scarf this week. Shorts and Hawks hat for me. And about 10 litres of water and sunscreen - anyone on the south side of the ground is about to bake.

I'm still deciding on what to wear tomorrow at the open training session..... 13/14 home guernsey, 2015 away guernsey or 2015 power ranger guernsey :D.

I love how they've told everyone to come on down and show off their brown and gold..................... too bad if everyone shows up in the 2015 NAVY BLUE Hawthorn MERCHANDISE!

For those that are fairly confident we are going to win on Saturday. I'll pose a question. West Coast were up by 50 points leading into the last quarter of the Qualifying final. Is this a concern?
And WC got beaten by Adelaide two weeks before that by 57 points in a very poor showing not like they are unbeatable.

What is good for us and why is it a bizarre question?

From previous pages...

West Coast's record at Subiaco - 12 wins, 2 losses 1594/903 (174.3%)
West Coast's record away from Subiaco - 6 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses 932/788 (118%)

Hawthorn's record at the MCG and York Park -11 wins, 3 losses 1536/904 (169.11%)
Hawthorn's record away from MCG / York Park -7 wins, 4 losses 1216/868 (140%)

Hawthorn defeated West Coast in Perth 1 month prior to the QF. We are one of two (the other being Fremantle) to roll them at Subiaco

This game isn't being played at Subiaco though so it remains to be seen who will get the upper hand on our home ground

I was being sarcastic.
In no way could a recent arse kicking be good for us.
As in,of course it's not a good sign.

But as someone alluded to, both teams start at 0 each Saturday.

Il rephrase : what do you think?

I think we're in for a real fight to go 3peat. A real fight. I think this West Coast team are better than the Sydney team we met in the final last year...

I think we're in for a real fight to go 3peat. A real fight. I think this West Coast team are better than the Sydney team we met in the final last year...
You're right. It's a more varied forward line and a better midfield.

Can't imagine that we'll lose our footing to such an extent as three weeks ago either. That's got to be to our advantage.

From previous pages...

West Coast's record at Subiaco - 12 wins, 2 losses 1594/903 (174.3%)
West Coast's record away from Subiaco - 6 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses 932/788 (118%)

Hawthorn's record at the MCG and York Park -11 wins, 3 losses 1536/904 (169.11%)
Hawthorn's record away from MCG / York Park -7 wins, 4 losses 1216/868 (140%)

Hawthorn defeated West Coast in Perth 1 month prior to the QF. We are one of two (the other being Fremantle) to roll them at Subiaco

This game isn't being played at Subiaco though so it remains to be seen who will get the upper hand on our home ground

I agree with you there. I does remain to be seen how West Coast play the expanse of the MCG away from home in a GF pressure cooker scenario. The team that have troubled us >> Richmond..were beaten on the MCG this year by the team we face Saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am very pleased to be sitting on the Northern side of the ground. Albeit up in the rafters. :D

Too close to call. West Coast deserve their place in the GF and have played a brilliant brand of footy during the year, often without key players. The pros and cons for each team (size of the G, etc.) are so minor they're insignificant. In all likelihood the difference will be mental. Whichever teams is more switched on will take the chocolates.

You must have missed the lead up to last years grand final. No team in history is better than that Sydney team :drunk:

It was in the QF. We've played much better since then and it's likely still fresh in the players minds.

This group is far too experienced now to be scarred by losses like that. Instead they will have their egos bruised and that should ensure they will be switched on for this match no matter what is happening in the periphery (ie. media, betting, side stories, etc.).

A very close loss or a win of any margin may have left our guys feeling over-confident about our chances at the MCG. I can see reason for the guys being just the right amount of confident but I can't see how they could have any complacency going into this game.

So in a way that result could be the stimulus that gets us this flag on Saturday.

Hi from Sri Lanka too. For Melbornians 25+ is hot and for us 30 is natural. Care to visit for a holiday?
No, for melbournians 25 degrees is not hot and if you think it is you have been sadly misled.

Melbourne gets up into mid 40s making sri lanka's relatively mild 30 look like nothing. But melbourne is just coming out of a winter, and in that sense 28 degrees is relatively warm. This is afl not cricket, they don't just stand around waiting for the ball to arrive.

It is the most elite fitness ball-sport in the world. There is a reason why it's held in winter.

Granted Melbourne's heat is a dry heat, but claiming a place where 30 degrees is the norm is hotter than melbourne is simply misinformed.

I agree with you there. I does remain to be seen how West Coast play the expanse of the MCG away from home in a GF pressure cooker scenario. The team that have troubled us >> Richmond..were beaten on the MCG this year by the team we face Saturday.

Thats a good omen

We only lose to Tigers in premiership years or in the case of 2012 premiership* years

Really enjoy reading this thread. A lot of respect shown for West Coast which is always good to see, along with people acknowledging our footy this year unlike other boards where they focus on umpiring etc.. Should be a ripper GF with clearly the best two teams this season playing against each other. Massive props for this year regardless, its a tremendous testament to the group of players you have to maintain the hunger necessary to win a flag after going back2back. Carn Eagles.
This is a goood post and therefor it deserves some good karma.

I hopew the groundsman prepares the grass to be soft and comfortable for the eagles players when they are sitting on it watching the medal presentation. That would be really nice.

;)

It was at the time. 2 subsequent wins has made it irrelevant. 0-0 at the start on Saturday, best side on the day wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back