Preview 2015 Grand Final: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles - Gunston IN, Hartung OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a problem with what he said and I Agree with him, I'll give anything for the Hawks to win but if in fact we are beaten I'll accept it - west coast play good exciting footy - I would never accept loosing to freo , Sydney or Geelong but west coast I can handle ..

Lost to Bulldogs (6)

Beat Lions (17)

Beat Port (9)

Beat Saints (14)

Lost to Kangaroos (8)

Beat Tigers (5)

Beat Demons (13)

Beat Magpies (12)

Drew with Suns (16)

Lost to Crows (7)

They are the Eagles away results this year and in brackets finishing position of opponent after H&A rounds.

*Only beat 1 top 8 side away, the Tigers.

*Played no top 4 team out of Perth.

These results give me a lot of confidence. I've mentioned it before, we fell down against them because of deplorable delivery to our half forward line. It got turned over so easy that it just went over our defenders heads and they had too much clean ball going into 50. Also any dirty ball seemed to fall into their lap.

The thing with Subiaco as well is because it is longer, a long ball from centre/wing only gets to top of 50 or back of the square. The same ball at the 'G will get in deeper into 50 allowing our small forwards a chance to lock it in if the ball comes to ground. The way I look at it is if we can stop their intercept marks in their backline and stop their run from there we should do well.

I don't have a problem with what he said and I Agree with him, I'll give anything for the Hawks to win but if in fact we are beaten I'll accept it - west coast play good exciting footy - I would never accept loosing to freo , Sydney or Geelong but west coast I can handle ..

I thought that about Sydney in 2012... until we lost to them, after which they turned into the biggest bunch of campaigners this side of the black stump and now I regret my kindly feelings towards them. It's all very well to feel magnanimous to opposition teams but it can come back to bite you on the bum!

Having said that, maybe Newbould was trying not to sound too arrogant ;)

28 and mostly sunny is the current forecast. That should be no issue. Feeling pretty confident.

28 and mostly sunny is the current forecast. That should be no issue. Feeling pretty confident.
Northerly wind, which I assume will swirl around inside the ground, is probably a bigger concern.

We can give Clarko a lot of credit but I guarantee you him playing Frawley up forward for half that game was nothing but a coaching blunder - something that he has since admitted to, if not actually specifically referencing that call.

He was seduced by Frawley kicking a few against minnows in the games leading up. It will be exceptional circumstances that see Frawley go forward at any point on Saturday.
Sorry to intrude (dont card me again plz mods :hearts:)

Agree with this, but no chance it happens again. Lake was shown up last time and I reckon Frawley must take JK - best match up for you guys.

Keen to see what Clarko does with Lake. Big game player....

For mine its largely down to the coaches. Both have tactical nous and its gonna be a chess game. Think Clarko learnt more from the QF than Simmo would have.

Nervous as all buggery tbh lads. Happy Eagles made the granny and hope we sneak it!! But you boys will be a different team at the G and Clarko is a pretty cluey bloke.

Go Eagles:rainbow::thumbsu:

The ones I were thinking were:
1. We're desperate because our KPF aren't giving us anything or they're off injured. Either way we're stuffed.
2. West Coast are struggling with our talls and in a desperate move they throw Kennedy back and Frawley just goes along too. Kennedy would never go back though.
3. Kennedy gets subbed due to injury and Clarko feels like the backline can handle their other forwards without him so throw him forward.
4. Both Schoey (if he plays) and Frawley aren't working in their roles so they switch ends.

Don't really like the sound of any of those scenarios.

I totally agree. Definitely prefer him trying stuff out. But Frawley playing forward was based on questionable results against poor sides and it was pretty clear (not just in hindsight) that the Kennedy Lake match up was tenuous at best. He could've tried it later on if we were winning by enough.

Aren't you glad he's already tried it and is less likely to pull the move this Saturday? We were never going to come close to a winning position during that game. All our players started the game like a busted ass ... and I think i had one foot through the TV after the 10 min mark.

to you campaigners saying you dont mind losing to west coast, you obviously have no idea how ****ing bad it is to live in the west.

Hawks supporters who have come over for the game are anything but alright with West coast winning...I hope i never see those campaigners win a flag in my life. FFS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't see why Lake can't play as the loose man back - he reads the play well, takes a great mark. Perhaps West Coast need to worry about who they send to Lake rather than Clarko worrying who we send Lake to.
Yep, definitely loose man inside 50.No one from either side would read the play better, and no one from either side would take a better mark deep in defense. He has been there and done it and picked up a Norm Smith meddle as well. It just needs for frawley to wear Kennedy like a glove where ever he goes.We then have the magic of Gibbo to round things off down there, along with Doc and Strats.

Don't really like the sound of any of those scenarios.
Scenario 3 is pretty good (Kennedy subbed so Frawley goes forward just to cause some havoc for Eagles).

Aren't you glad he's already tried it and is less likely to pull the move this Saturday? We were never going to come close to a winning position during that game. All our players started the game like a busted ass ... and I think i had one foot through the TV after the 10 min mark.
Given the current situation I'm glad he'll be unlikely to pull that move. Though if he'd started back in the QF it would've given our back 6 a whole different structure and series of match ups that might've kept things closer. Also would've meant we wouldn't have effectively been down a forward line player.
But what happened has happened. It is what it is as they say.

I saw on the news and then on the AFL page that Hodgie looks good for Saturday. Doc Larkin said that he has been cleared of concussion but is receiving ongoing treatment for a crampy hammy, which Larkin said that that should't give him any real problems as Hodge doesn't have a tear. As for Gunna, I reckon he is still struggling with the ankle. Larkin reckons he has had the usual 21 days to recover. But what about match fitness which he needs in plenty and doesn't really have for a G/F. If I had a say I would leave Shoes in and bring in Langs for his around the packs grunt, and leave it at that.

Scenario 3 is pretty good (Kennedy subbed so Frawley goes forward just to cause some havoc for Eagles).

Didn't want the bad karma of liking a scenario where the opposition FF goes down injured. I much prefer the version in which Kennedy plays out the game completely unhampered but Chip gives him an absolute bath. Gibson to go forward and kick three in the last.

Didn't want the bad karma of liking a scenario where the opposition FF goes down injured. I much prefer the version in which Kennedy plays out the game and Chip gives him an absolute bath. Gibson to go forward and kick three in the last.
Would love Gibbo to kick a big goal on Saturday to help us win.

Based on previous Grannies, WC as an inexperienced GF team might be running on adrenalin at the opening bounce. Being a warm day, we need to stay around the mark score wise at quarter time without using all our petrol tickets and we should be in the box seat.

Maclure sounds like he's tipping Eagles by the sounds of his analysis...

Yep. Has made me really nervous.

Maclure usually on the money, and King usually the opposite :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back