Game Day 2015 Grand Final - Hawthorn v West Coast, MCG 2.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gameday is here.

Chew your fingernails, throw your predictions around, chatter your nerves away.

It's game on people, and we've got a cup to win!

excited-baby.gif

Gameday is here.

Chew your fingernails, throw your predictions around, chatter your nerves away.

It's game on, people!
I had a dream it was Sunday morning, I've hopped onto BigFooty and saw this
the-cup.png
the-cup.png
the-cup.png
just under my avatar!!

Last edited:

I am nervous, I was pretty calm up until now, but game day is upon us, I am confident because we have been through it before which I reckon will give us a big edge. I will be watching on the couch with my kids, my son won't take a loss well and I am supposed to lead by example which is probably not going to happen so we can both kick something. Go Hawks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How am I meant to work with this on my mind?! This is a night game for me as I work 0000 - 1200 WA time... 13 long hours of work to go :S

Firstly I want to thank all at the club and who have contributed to give us this great ride over the last 7 years and raised the club to the status of unquestionably the greatest of modern time.

I want us all remember this irrespective of the result because the majority of this team have gone to the well often and given a lot for our pleasure.

I want us to win for the players, the fans, the club, us all. I want respect we deserve because we still don't get it.

Hawks by 21.

Have a great day all. Speak on the other side!!!!

So hard to mentally prepare for this game. You could do a full psychological study of this forum the past week as everyone chooses their particular coping mechanism to try and deal with the stress of potentially being crowned the greatest team of all time.

I just hope that the coaching staff/playing group have struck the right pitch between focused intensity and 'relaxedness'. I fear we may have gone too far towards the latter for the sake of downplaying the three-peat talk.

If I was Clarko I would choose an appropriate time before the game to lift the controlled intensity of the group to fever pitch before heading out there. The stakes do need to be raised, and the players need to be fully prepared to PAY THE PRICE. It's going to be a veritable battlefield out there and the price of immortality is not cheap. They need to go harder for longer than they've EVER gone before if they want this. They don't have to think about the game plan - that's taken care of - they just need to play it contest-by-contest and willing to sacrifice EVERYTHING for each other. Individuals don't win premierships, teams do. The number of goals or possessions of individual players DOES NOT MATTER, only the two scores at the end of the day matters. You want to touch it, you make the decision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back