2015 ICC Cricket World Cup Final: New Zealand vs Australia - 29th March, 2.30pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did I say the top order collapse? I was talking about the collapse after the Elliott/Taylor partnership where the shadows were a problem.

The Aussie bowlers bowled well but they were helped by some poor batting, should've made at least 250 on that pitch, we need early wickets in the first 10 overs to have any chance.

umpires havent helped

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It says a lot about Faulkners bowling that Watson is getting more overs. We need a 4th bowler going forward, Faulkner is not that, nor is he a good batsman. He's a slogger and if you're relying on him your middle order is crap.

Faulkner can be a touch expensive at times, but not sure you can really ask for much more from your 4th bowler than a strike rate of a wicket every 32.8 balls.

Maxwell unreal. Can't believe people wanted him out. His fielding and part-time spin brings a heap to the table. Always makes me laugh too, yes Maxwell should develop more aspects to his batting rather than slogging, but if Maxwell at no.6 is required to dig in for 20-25 overs of a ODI, then he's not the one who should come under fire...

Getting Anderson and Ronchi for 0 was huge. Usually they've been good for 20-30 runs each this tournament. Add 50 minimum to the New Zealanders score, plus whatever Elliott would have got if he had hung around, and that target looks a bit more formidable. Huge 2 overs, the 35-36th over and the first 12 overs have basically handed us the cup.

Never say never, especially with Boult and Southee, but geez, can't see us even looking liking losing. All we need is 1 guy to go a fair way, an Elliott type innings, and we have a few candidates.

My tip: Aus 5/185 from 40.2 overs. Finch and Warner to go rather cheaply, Smith/Clarke/Watson to steady the ship. Winning runs from Faulkner.

Faulkner.

We are unnecessarily batting heavy. At some point we will need a spinner in the team, especially when the fielding restrictions revert back (which I have no doubt they weill).

Faulkner has been terrific lower down the order but I'm not sure about Maxwell and Faulkner both being in at 4 for 30. I'm happy with the lineup right now and our record over the past 12 months is proof it's working. If we need another spinner for some pitches we are better off dropping one of the pacemen.

Bit rough mate, I think you'll find that this is exactly what happens at St Kilda. Maybe do some research before you start calling people idiots...
Regardless of what it's about me only calling Warnie an idiot is going easy not being rough

Don't get me wrong, genius on the field and my all time fave... but moron off it

Finchy and Warner to come out and show some aggression. Best way to chase the smaller totals is to attack. If they get us off to a flyer then Smith and Clarke can steer us home. We've got plenty of batting. We won't be failing twice against NZ.

Pretty funny watching the ESPN half time panel, Ian Chappell basically saying it's understandable if a batsman takes someone out with his bat while being sledged after getting out.

Few early wickets and Eden Park demons might start to appear. Should be romp though. You'd be ecstatic losing the toss in a WC final and knowing you'd chase less than 200. Massive choke would be needed, otherwise it's Five (5) x World Champions.

OH man what a great bowling effort by aus. They first over by Starc was incredible. The run out by maxy was amazing as well! The big show is such a great fielder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back