List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentor the kids? Fine, then appoint Simpson as an assistant coach.

If he plays on next year, he's only stealing games off Dylan Buckley, Matthew Dick and the 2 Ciarans.
Hate to say it but I don't get the sense that Simmo is much of a mentor...

:(
Club will clear a lot of dough this year, players like Judd, Warnock etc will free up money in nthe cap

What's the bet the Blues will trade in some older players, not necessarily stars but experienced enough to protect the kids assuming we wipe the slate clean and go a hard youth rebuild strategy?

So some of the money being cleared goes to these experienced recruits
Like we did with McKernan, Morrell, Martyn etc?

Lach article written by Ralph so it's understandable he got an important fact incorrect. He stated club are desperate to keep Lach. Which is not true.

Do you know why, LC?

Because we think he is valuable currency and are lining him up for trade?
Because we think he is asking for too much money?
Because we think he is not as good as others think he is?
Because we have our head up our @rse?
Other?
All of the above?

Do you know why, LC?

Because we think he is valuable currency and are lining him up for trade?
Because we think he is asking for too much money?
Because we think he is not as good as others think he is?
Because we have our head up our @rse?
Other?
All of the above?

The one that would annoy you the most.

:(
Like we did with McKernan, Morrell, Martyn etc?

That was different
We did that bec we were kicked out of the draft

I understand the Melb arguement that going kids only is fraught with danger however there is also an argument that young players need to learn what it feels like to get beaten and a young group will harden up and bond and thrive as a result

That argument was mentioned this week by I think it was Harry Madden

Geelong are an example of a side that was mostly young and these kids were recruited together over a few years and they grew up and hardened together and eventually thrived

I don't think you can say point blank it doesn't work

It can work but you need other things in place such as leadership and good Developemnt structures

It's too simplistic to say look at Melb it didn't work there so it never works

Melb are a basket case devoid of leadership and development and only now maybe are getting their act together

Leadership is vital

Leadership can actually come from young players. MM and BG are devoid of toughness and leadership whereas Cripps is a kid but is a natural

Ess went and got Cooney and BJ and Chapman. Maybe we can't get players as good as this depending on the picks needed to get such players but maybe we can get some decent experienced players to guide the young group

At the end of the day we need to get more picks to get more quality youth as we don't have enough coming through

It's just how much of a clean out that is the issue

If I told you I'd be sacked. If you prefer I can stop warning everyone & you can wait to find out for real in October?
MS3 last trade period said that Lach had attracted some good offers for us and for him, but he was keen to stay and wanted to captain the club...

Was this inaccurate or have things just changed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close but no cigar. :straining:

He was interviewed on SEN about a month ago and by the sounds of it he was keen to stay.
Obviously things can change quickly, but I would have thought the sensible decision would be to wait to see what direction the club is going in before he makes his decision. Much like what Jack Watts did at Melbourne.

If I told you I'd be sacked. If you prefer I can stop warning everyone & you can wait to find out for real in October?
Just checking your source that was all, most people supply a source, don't have to of course, but it does add weight, I have no preference wether you post warnings or not, but by and large enjoy your contribution on here cheers

Decision isn't his to make. That's all I've been trying to say. Club has decided Lach is being traded.
I will take for granted you have a good source LC.
It's a shame, and I'm not sure about the logic of trading a ready made CHB if KPP are what we desperately need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back