2015; Player X or Player Y or Player Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bont would have to stay a mid until I can cash in Salem or Clark

I think Wines is a safer option, as better teams wont allow Bonts to have that much impact, he will still score well because he tackles and gets inside, but Wines will score better.

The other thing to consider is how you will spend the extra 100K, makes an earlier upgrade more possible in a couple of weeks.

Bontempelli v Wines

I think the magic of The Bont is his forward status. It's a fairly good bet that Bont is a higher ranked forward at the end of the season than Wines is a midfielder, even if Ollie averages more points.

Along with (what looks like) a bargain price of only $420k, that's why people are wild about Bont. Myself included, every scenario I'm considering this week includes GAJ -> Bont.

Lewis will be about the same price as JPK after this week.
JPK more proven both soild choices.

I have JPK, but Lewis looks like a beast this year. I'll have to find a way to get him at some stage, and I reckon it'll cost me $600k.

I think Wines is a safer option, as better teams wont allow Bonts to have that much impact, he will still score well because he tackles and gets inside, but Wines will score better.

The other thing to consider is how you will spend the extra 100K, makes an earlier upgrade more possible in a couple of weeks.

I only have 3 real issues ATM - GAJ, Goodes & Pearce. I'm happy with all rookies and structure. So, whether I did GAJ > Bont/Wines, the extra 100k won't really be useful in the short term as I'm happy to run with McIntosh, Saad, Oxley, Pearce as my D5-8. If another DEF rookie comes along I'd downgrade Pearce. Therefore I'd rather just take the best option of Bont/Wines. I feel like a lot of folks have gone cold on Wines for some reason. 130 against Freo, and still scored 100 in a high pressure game (as a result his DE was lower than normal), where they got a touch of from Sydney. I'm still expecting him to push to 110+

Also just out of interest on a separate note, what do you see Shiel averaging?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only have 3 real issues ATM - GAJ, Goodes & Pearce. I'm happy with all rookies and structure. So, whether I did GAJ > Bont/Wines, the extra 100k won't really be useful in the short term as I'm happy to run with McIntosh, Saad, Oxley, Pearce as my D5-8. If another DEF rookie comes along I'd downgrade Pearce. Therefore I'd rather just take the best option of Bont/Wines. I feel like a lot of folks have gone cold on Wines for some reason. 130 against Freo, and still scored 100 in a high pressure game (as a result his DE was lower than normal), where they got a touch of from Sydney. I'm still expecting him to push to 110+

Also just out of interest on a separate note, what do you see Shiel averaging?

If you go Ablett to Bonts, you can afford to upgrade Pearce or Goodes to any other back, I would recommend Smith pending concussion test.

But even if you go Wines, you should have enough for someone like Docherty.

But with Bonts you will get around 90K left over for future upgrades which is always a bonus.

If you go Ablett to Bonts, you can afford to upgrade Pearce or Goodes to any other back, I would recommend Smith pending concussion test.

But even if you go Wines, you should have enough for someone like Docherty.

But with Bonts you will get around 90K left over for future upgrades which is always a bonus.

Goodes > B smith is already locked in as long as he plays.

It's Wines v Bont because they are the 2 best options I can afford after getting Smith.

The new scenario looking like

JPK & Laird + 100k

V

Wines & B Smith

Like Wines' chances of being a keeper a lot better than Lairds.

Smith & JPK - good choices

Goodes > B smith is already locked in as long as he plays.

It's Wines v Bont because they are the 2 best options I can afford after getting Smith.

I'd go Bonts, purely for the DPP. Even if he slows down he should still score well enough to end up in your FWD line towards the end of the year, and you wont get him at this price again.

If I already had Fyfe, he would be my first selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back