2015; Player X or Player Y or Player Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting,

Shaw - 1667 pts - 18 games
Houli - 1831 pts - 22 games

Bews - 38 pt ave in 2014 (who else did we have on the bench last year to cover Shaw's outs? NBrown this year?)

Shaw + Bews = 1667 + 4*38 = 1819

Then, $50k / $5,375 (~magic number) = 9 SC pts extra you should be able to 'buy' with the extra funds.

22 rounds x 9 SC pts = 198 total sc pts

-

So, for 2014;

Shaw & Bews = 1,819

vs.

Houli + 50k = 2,029

-

Possibly, for 2015;

Shaw & NBrown = (18^ x 97.7*) + (4 x 50) = 1,759 +200 = 1,959

vs.

Houli + 50k = (22 x 84.7*) + 198 = 2,061

-

Food for thought, :confused:

^ seems to be BF consensus of what Shaw will play this year.
* 4 yr SC ave

FWIW

Anyone choose Houli?

Off to a flyer.

Early days I know.

FWIW, I went with Shaw (& Adcock).

Trading Ollie Wines out..... for a straight swap, whom would be the best option at a similar price?

A. Scotty Thompson
B. David Mundy
C. Pavlich
D. Franklin
E. Ebert

Or should I skip the semi-premium upgrade, burn 2 trades, do a Goodes downgrade, and add one of the following Premiums:
F. Pendles
G. Lewis
H. JSelwood
I. JPK

Trading Ollie Wines out..... for a straight swap, whom would be the best option at a similar price?

A. Scotty Thompson
B. David Mundy
C. Pavlich
D. Franklin
E. Ebert

Or should I skip the semi-premium upgrade, burn 2 trades, do a Goodes downgrade, and add one of the following Premiums:
F. Pendles
G. Lewis
H. JSelwood
I. JPK
Buddy from the top group. If you were interested in getting rid of Goodes(which I would), I'd suggest Pendles

I don't get the love for Lewis. Before last years 109 average he had never averaged better than 96 in his previous 9 seasons. And even last year he was averaging only 94 after 11 games. Yes he had an awesome 2nd half to the season & a super 1st 2 games so far this year, but for 588k I'd be wanting someone who has a ultra-premium scoring history of more than a dozen games.
he plays for Hawthorn and racks them up for fun

Selwood v Sloane
Tough one. Preseason i would have said selwood. Bow not so sure. Maybe sloan because selwood will dip in price at some point. Sloane looks like he's gonna monster 120s all year

Watson v Lewis

For my draft side. Tom Lynch vs Jack Martin vs Lindsay Thomas
Jack Martin maybe. Lynch and Thomas will be inconsistent, Martin might get more midfield minutes with Ablett out maybe? I wouldn't know how any of them have scored though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Krakhead or Tarrant?
Krak by a long way

A. Scotty Thompson
B. David Mundy
C. Pavlich
D. Franklin
E. Ebert

F. Pendles
G. Lewis
H. JSelwood
I. JPK
I'd be going either Mundy from the top group or Pendles. Probably Pendles from those two as I feel like Goodes has to be traded this week, unless he gets dropped

Krak by a long way

I'd be going either Mundy from the top group or Pendles. Probably Pendles from those two as I feel like Goodes has to be traded this week, unless he gets dropped
What about lachie Neale? Throw him in the mix with pendles, Selwood, JPK

What about lachie Neale? Throw him in the mix with pendles, Selwood, JPK
Personally, I started with Neale as my only speculative pick in that 450-550k range. He did only score 90odd and 100odd in the first two weeks, so don't go trying to chase last weeks points. I'm generally more inclined to go with the proven guys like the ones you mentioned if you can afford them. Last week it sounds like you went a proven premo (Sloane?) over Shiel. Just look at how well that worked out for you

Last edited:
Personally, I started with Neale as my only speculative pick in that 450-550k range. He did only score 90odd and 100odd in the first two weeks, so don't go trying to chase last weeks points. I'm generally more inclined to go with the proven guys like the ones you mentioned if you can afford them. Last week it sounds like you went a proven premo (Sloane?) over Shiel. Just look at how well that worked out for you
Neale was a good choice freo mids bat deep neale can go huge and pretty soild most other weeks.

Good advice putting it into perspective..... I did get Sloane and he killed it. I think Neale is solid, but his overinflated score Today coincided with Fyfe having a down day (by our expectations). Scotty T had a blinder too FWIW.

I have 4 issues that I feel need addressing if I'm continuing for overall;
1. Ollie Wines
2. Goodes (not major IMO as he warms the bench each week).
3. Harley Bennell (no idea why I chose him)
4. Bellchambers.
I need to decide what level mid I want to replace Wines (ie Neale, thommo, pendles, Selwood..... Krak??). Pendles and Selwood are the obvious adds right?

Also, do I keep Harley or Upgrade him to buddy/Roughy; this seems ridiculously sideways and a waste of a trade.

1. Wines + Goodes for Selwood/pendles/Neale + def rookie
2. Wines + Bennell for Thommo/Neale + buddy/roughy/pav
3. Wines for krak (could he average 80/game??), then have $450k to play with

Going to bring a premo mid will have enough for anyone bar Pendles.
JPK V Beams V Watson V Lewis v prestia v ward last 2 Pods.

Already have parker (but jpk at 590k) also eyeing off rocky unsure if i want beams and rocky also yet to see him play together.
Leaning towards Watson eve tho had him 2 years before bloody feller gets freak injurys.

Good advice putting it into perspective..... I did get Sloane and he killed it. I think Neale is solid, but his overinflated score Today coincided with Fyfe having a down day (by our expectations). Scotty T had a blinder too FWIW.

I have 4 issues that I feel need addressing if I'm continuing for overall;
1. Ollie Wines
2. Goodes (not major IMO as he warms the bench each week).
3. Harley Bennell (no idea why I chose him)
4. Bellchambers.
I need to decide what level mid I want to replace Wines (ie Neale, thommo, pendles, Selwood..... Krak??). Pendles and Selwood are the obvious adds right?

Also, do I keep Harley or Upgrade him to buddy/Roughy; this seems ridiculously sideways and a waste of a trade.

1. Wines + Goodes for Selwood/pendles/Neale + def rookie
2. Wines + Bennell for Thommo/Neale + buddy/roughy/pav
3. Wines for krak (could he average 80/game??), then have $450k to play with
Unsure if Goodes stays in that side but Webb looked ok dispite hes shit score WB have Morris injuied so Hamling prob just hes chance.
Pendles/Sel and rookie.
get krack the week after.
Bennell will do better once the black hole suns get there sh!te together soild enough atm.
least you dont have jimmy/lids types.

Unsure if Goodes stays in that side but Webb looked ok dispite hes shit score WB have Morris injuied so Hamling prob just hes chance.
Pendles/Sel and rookie.
get krack the week after.
Bennell will do better once the black hole suns get there sh!te together soild enough atm.
least you dont have jimmy/lids types.

Thinking of;
Wines to Joel Selwood
Goodes to Jake Kelly (crows)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back