List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Draft/FA - SuperMegaUltraThread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't been good in big games or many games this year after no pre season, missed the first 8? Rounds of the season. He was good in the '11 & '12 finals campaigns. Besides he's only 23. Absolute BS call.
Not a BS call. If he cant play well in big games whats the point of having him. His reputation exceeds his performance in big games. This is not knee jerk, as soon as he gets a decent opponent or faces a decent team he turns to butter. Crab.

Bennell could play Darlings Half Forward role IMO and provides more flexibility around the ground and running on a wing. The only thing Darling has him covered for is defensive pressure and where was that today?

In all fairness it wasn't just "one bad game" from Darling. He had a shit entire finals series and build up to it, he went in as the lowest ranked eagles player.

6 goals in his last 6 games prior to today, so add todays nightmare onto that and it's 7 goals from his last 7 games.

Totally lost his big player reputation for mine, but no way would i trade him. Ridiculous idea, with the talent he has. I would however change his role, or change the forward line around to suit him so he gets the third defender. These days he's very weak and rarely wins 1 on 1's when he's got the 2nd best defender. Very much a 'tweener', not tall enough to be a target in the air, and not getting away from his opponent enough to use his agility.

It's like conceding a loss with whatever matchup he gets. But i've got faith in Simmo, McGovern forward is the answer.

Last edited:
It needs to - especially in defense. It's far too wide open while our forward line was always crowded.

The game plan isn't sustainable with the reduced interchange cap being introduced in 2016. Will be interesting to see how the coaches adjust to it.

I wouldn't be trading out any top 22 players unless we got an offer too good to refuse.

And his family would rather him go to Melbourne hahahah. Richmond would be the worst place for him. With Dustys ties to Swanny, Jake King etc... He'll be in more trouble than ever.
If I was Richmond I would be want to keep bennell as far away from dusty as possible !
But no they invite bennell over and give dusty a licence to 'show him around '

Darling will be fine as a 3rd tall next season with McGovern up forward too

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

The game plan isn't sustainable with the reduced interchange cap being introduced in 2016. Will be interesting to see how the coaches adjust to it.

I wouldn't be trading out any top 22 players unless we got an offer too good to refuse.
You hit the nail on the head.

The scrapping of the sub rule will change how we structure up, particualy up forward. When the sub rule was first introduced clubs got rid of their extra rucks and recruited forwards who could ruck a bit or rucks that could take a grab.

With the change expect a scramble for legitimate ruck types who will revert to changing off the bench.
Expect to see the return of three talls up forward (Kennedy, Darling and McGovern maybe) and three medium to small (Lecras, Hill, Cripps, Newman)

These small forwards will also be part of the midfield rotation as per now. With the change interchanges will be slightly reduced.

So Rucks and hard running midfielders will be all the rage. The likes of Lycett, Sinclair, Rosa, Masten, Clavka etc will play important roles.
It will be a very interesting Draft, trade period in October as we watch what moves clubs adopt. Fringe players at some clubs will come under close attention.

We have a very diverse list and seem to have a lot of these bases covered going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darling should not be trade under any circumstance !
But his game today will dispel the myth of how much of a gun he is and a big game player .
He is massively overrated on this board
Sure he does a ninja flip and judo throws some players but the basics like marking , clean hands and 1on 1 body work leaves a lot to be desired .
He will benefit from McGovern/ lycett next year .

Watched him last night in that 2001 final replay and he was more then handy but wonder how good he would be today in the flooded forward lines of modern day footy. Don't get me wrong the blokes a champion but being a power forward in todays game is getting more and more difficult.
With rotation cap he would be awesome.

Also Gunston kicked 4 today and he is around the same age as Jack Darling

You hit the nail on the head.

The scrapping of the sub rule will change how we structure up, particualy up forward. When the sub rule was first introduced clubs got rid of their extra rucks and recruited forwards who could ruck a bit or rucks that could take a grab.

With the change expect a scramble for legitimate ruck types who will revert to changing off the bench.
Expect to see the return of three talls up forward (Kennedy, Darling and McGovern maybe) and three medium to small (Lecras, Hill, Cripps, Newman)

These small forwards will also be part of the midfield rotation as per now. With the change interchanges will be slightly reduced.

So Rucks and hard running midfielders will be all the rage. The likes of Lycett, Sinclair, Rosa, Masten, Clavka etc will play important roles.
It will be a very interesting Draft, trade period in October as we watch what moves clubs adopt. Fringe players at some clubs will come under close attention.

We have a very diverse list and seem to have a lot of these bases covered going forward.
3 talls up forward will only work with 3 genuine kpf and not a ruck forward. GWS will make the 8 next year if they retain McCarthy and Mummy has a full season.

The staging for free kicks is a concern, I was hoping that would stop with Coxy retiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back