2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would have to be into Darling wouldn't we?
lol, where's this Darling talk coming from. His a WA boy and his family is in WA. Why would he travel half way across the country to play for a team that is going to be the wooden spooner's this season?

Sure we have money, but bigger clubs like Collingwood, Carlton, etc would love to have him.
Can't see it happening, unless he declares he wants to be a Lion.

Last edited:

If Dixon was to come to us and I'm guessing that we would finish last on the ladder. Is their any possibility that we might get Dixon for lesser value, like how St Kilda got Billy Longer and Bruce. Could we maybe grow a spine and use the PSD as a threat. So rather then trading a first round pick, we get for Aish, we could trade out a Rohan Bewick + a third round pick.

In
Alex Rance
Charlie Dixon
Pick 1 - Joshua Schache (KPF)
First round pick for trading Aish - Jacob Weitering (KPD)
Ben Keayes - second round academy selection

Out
James Aish
Bewick + Third round pick

Any thought's to this method?

I'll play

In
Alex Rance
Jacob Weitering (KPD) - Pick 1
Joshua Schache(KPD) - First round pick for trading Aish
Third round pick for Josh Walker

Out
Aish
Third round pick

I'll play

In
Alex Rance
Jacob Weitering (KPD) - Pick 1
Joshua Schache(KPD) - First round pick for trading Aish
Third round pick for Josh Walker

Out
Aish
Third round pick
Walkers doing alright. Question would be can he become the Lions number 1 forward or will he be another Lisle.

lol, where's this Darling talk coming from. His a WA boy and his family is in WA. Why would he travel half way across the country to play for a team that is going to be the wooden spooner's this season?

Sure we have money, but bigger clubs like Collingwood, Carlton, etc would love to have him.
Can't see it happening, unless he declares he wants to be a Lion.
Christensen was from Geelong and his family is in Geelong and he at the Lion as with most of our list. So by your theory we should not chase Rance or Henderson either and we should change the thread to QLD's we can attempt to get......small field.

Walkers doing alright. Question would be can he become the Lions number 1 forward or will he be another Lisle.
Difference between Walker and Lisle is that Walker knows how to use his body. I think he could come on quite well if he is used as the number one target up forward. He won't be a superstar but I can see him kicking 2 goals a game and bringing our smaller forwards into the game as well. Would be a cheap pickup.

Difference between Walker and Lisle is that Walker knows how to use his body. I think he could come on quite well if he is used as the number one target up forward. He won't be a superstar but I can see him kicking 2 goals a game and bringing our smaller forwards into the game as well. Would be a cheap pickup.

This is basically how I feel about Walker too. He looks like a pretty reliable prospect, though not one that's every likely to explode into a dominant player. I'd be happy to pick him up, and given Geelong's abundance of talls it seems plausible enough.

So we go for Carslile and Henderson at big bucks who are both better defenders than they are forwards..?

A couple of reliable posters on here pretty confident Carslile will not leave Victoria.
Personally never been big on Henderson nor super fussed on Carlisle. Agree better as backs. Walker as a realistic target (in terms of on field and as a player we might be able to get) for me, unless Patton or McCarthy can be gotten. Even if we got one of them I would still try to get Walker, with McGuane, Staker, Paine likely to go.

I think we need to be aggressive trading and I think we need to consider trading an "untouchable". For me that would be Rich, he doesnt do enough when he is one of the main mids, still cant run off a tag, in general doesnt get enough of it and I dont think he is strong enough overhead in the backline or mark closely enough. Yes fantastic left foot, some speed without being a line breaker. I know many will disagree with this, but we cant just keep going to the draft without trying to pick up a more mature KPP and we may need to give something to get what we need.

I think we need to be aggressive trading and I think we need to consider trading an "untouchable". For me that would be Rich, he doesnt do enough when he is one of the main mids, still cant run off a tag, in general doesnt get enough of it and I dont think he is strong enough overhead in the backline or mark closely enough. Yes fantastic left foot, some speed without being a line breaker. I know many will disagree with this, but we cant just keep going to the draft without trying to pick up a more mature KPP and we may need to give something to get what we need.

I agree totally here with your sentiments. Not singling out Rich as he is a FA next year and we most probably get better for him then but there others that I think that should be looked at. Brownie said on AFL360 that you can't call it a rebuild for the need to give our supporters hope but it is what it is. Our crop of 22/23 and younger will be those core of our list and we need to build around these guys. Add the best KPD and KPF out of this draft and then as many first round picks that we an manufacture over the next three years focusing on mids.

I wouldn't mind trading Rich if we got Cameron or Hogan but anything short of that would be absolutely pointless.

Personally never been big on Henderson nor super fussed on Carlisle. Agree better as backs. Walker as a realistic target (in terms of on field and as a player we might be able to get) for me, unless Patton or McCarthy can be gotten. Even if we got one of them I would still try to get Walker, with McGuane, Staker, Paine likely to go.

Whilst a Henderson, Carslile or Dixon won't be that elite forward we need they'll still add a hell of a lot structurally. Free blokes like Freeman and Mcstay up to take the second and third tall defenders. And they'd probably kick 35+ a year themselves.

Rich, really? There are a bunch of "untouchables" I'd sooner see go. He has probably been our best and most consistent player this year after returning from 12 months out due to injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christensen was from Geelong and his family is in Geelong and he at the Lion as with most of our list. So by your theory we should not chase Rance or Henderson either and we should change the thread to QLD's we can attempt to get......small field.
Christensen's case is different. He wanted out of Geelong and a new start. Darling's enjoying his time at West Coast.

I don't have a view on Darling, but we only found out that Christensen wanted a new start mid-trade period, when he announced it.
Their's no way Darling is going to become a Lions player in the near future. You can take that to the Bank. I can't see it happening.

Their's no way Darling is going to become a Lions player in the near future. You can take that to the Bank. I can't see it happening.
My post said we would be into him as in asking the question, did not say he will be at Brisbane next year.........just reckon he would fit our needs perfectly and we would be stupid not to flash some cash in front of him.

What do people think of our current recruitment team? Thinking we need to trade in a star recruit there....of course that unfortunately takes cash.

Darling isn't really the big KPF target we are after. That said I'd happily sign him up

Yeah, he's a gun and would make us a better side but we need a number one KF. Also it'd probably cost similar to get him across, if we even could at all.

What do people think of our current recruitment team? Thinking we need to trade in a star recruit there....of course that unfortunately takes cash.

I feel there will be additions to both recruitment and the fitness departments at the end of the season :thumbsu:

Swann has stated that we are paying about $2M under that particular cap - he knows to take the next step, this needs to be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back