List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swann being an ex blue you don't know what convos his had with them! For once the Lions are standing up, good on them. Swann is a good operator.
You can almost guarantee Carlton will state they will take Aish in the PSD should he be available. As pies are going to need to trade their first pick in this draft very unlikely he will enter the PSD. Don't think he will get to pies unless Treloar falls through.

no one seems to be choosing hawthorn!! destination club no more!! Anyway, the devil is in the detail, open up cap space to keep the likes of Schooey and Jed. Happy with that.

Its interesting....perhaps we haven't been shopping compared to previous years or potential players are looking at the age of our elite midfield and thinking their may not be a lot of time under the sun with this lot until a rebuild is on the cards.

Trealor seemingly gettable again? Gws not accepting pies pick 7 and next year's 2nd rounder.

Now, what can we offer to usurp the pies, and blues, if at all possible?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

in terms of salary cap pressure, if the hawks are not feeling the pinch after 3-peating then they never will! i cant see how we would be in the market for a high profile/expensive recruit with the list we have and the success they have achieved. as a collective the playing list deserve to receive the maximum pay possible under the salary cap, not only for 2015 but also in the allocation of it for 2016 - there should be no room for anyone else. the results this list has achieved dictate that and it is thoroughly deserving. as such, the hawks wouldn't be in the position for any 'big' recruits until the current big names start to retire (hodge, burgoyne, mitchell, etc). the game they would be strategising now would be to optimise our draft position over the next 1-2 years i would have thought. it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

You can almost guarantee Carlton will state they will take Aish in the PSD should he be available. As pies are going to need to trade their first pick in this draft very unlikely he will enter the PSD. Don't think he will get to pies unless Treloar falls through.

You're right, it's virtually impossible for Collingwood to get both Aish and Trelor

we won't be getting anyone i am happy with that we have been spoilt i think with players coming to us . I think we would be looking to trade out our first this year and a fringe player and ltrying to get a first rounder for next year, thinking that a couple more players will likely retire giving us a bit more space to have a big crack at a jaeger o'meara / whitfield type

If we walk away from this trade period with our original first round pick and another pick between 15-30 I would be quite content.
Mitchell Hibberd and Riley Bonner would be nice additions to our long term playing stocks in this years draft.
Both 191cm defender/mids. Bonner has elite kicking on both sides of his body and I see Hibberd in the Fyfe mould and wouldn't mind seeing him develop into half the player Fyfe is as long as it is on our list :)

If we wanted someone though we could easily get them. We might not have any space in 2016 but we probably have the biggest difference in the league when it comes to 16-17 due to Mitchell, Burgoyne and Hodge signing one year contacts. Not saying we should(would probably leave not enoufh to sign the three greats again) but if the right player wanted to come over we could easily back end a contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it would seem. Carton is a basket case and Brisbane are leaking players. But he went to Wesley so let's not look too hard.

He's only been involved with the Lions the last year or so hasn't he? He was also a key figure in Collingwoods success.

Swann is taking a stand, no one has had the balls to do it in Brissy before.

yarran is still only 25?? wow, seems like he has been around for ages....

would look pretty good running of half back in the brown and gold for the next 6 or 7 years.....
I'll go on the record and say that I have major concerns around recruiting Yarran to our club. Whilst a lot contributors to this site will espouse the "if the clubs sees fit to go after player X, then I'll back them in" line, I think you have to differentiate from players that are solid workers and are prepared to better themselves while being mentally strong, form the players that are already near elite talents but lack application. Our record with the second lot isn't as strong as we would like to think.
Read players like Mitch Thorp, Rhan Hopper, Carl Peterson, Jarrad Bouman and last but not least Dayle Garlett. All of these players have had some level of mental application lacking in their make up and we haven't been able to turn them around so why would we be anymore confident of turning around Yarran?

Edit:
Starting to think that The Jed is falling into the second category of I can't get my sh** together as well.

Last edited:
Our current ruck stocks are Big Boy (pretty good 2015), Ceglar (all potential but some back issues), Pittonet (very raw kid not ready for 2016).

Jamar should be handy back up for a "use only in case of emergency" situation

We need another ruckman. I'm hoping Gorringe or Simpson

I'll go on the record and say that I have major concerns around recruiting Yarran to our club. Whilst a lot contributors to this site will espouse the "if the clubs sees fit to go after player X, then I'll back them in" line, I think you have to differentiate from players that are solid workers and are prepared to better themselves while being mentally strong, form the players that are already near elite talents but lack application. Our record with the second lot isn't as strong as we would like to think.
Read players like Mitch Thorp, Rhan Hopper, Carl Peterson, Jarrad Bouman and last but not least Dayle Garlett. All of these players have had some level of mental application lacking in their make up and we haven't been able to turn them around so why would we be anymore confident of turning around Yarran?

Edit:
Starting to think that The Jed is falling into the second category of I can't get my sh** together as well.

Wowsers, youre comparing guys that barely played senior footy to someone who has shown he's a high end contributor for half a decade? It was only the 2nd half of this season Yarran showed his displeasure at being a Blue, previous to that I don't remember it ever being an issue.

He would be a good addition and I don't think you can question his application, he has proven to apply himself for a fair while as a league footballer.

Wowsers, youre comparing guys that barely played senior footy to someone who has shown he's high end contrib
Should have stated IMHO, you can feel free to leave the humble out of it.
Wowsers, youre comparing guys that barely played senior footy to someone who has shown he's a high end contributor for half a decade? It was only the 2nd half of this season Yarran showed his displeasure at being a Blue, previous to that I don't remember it ever being an issue.

He would be a good addition and I don't think you can question his application, he has proven to apply himself for a fair while as a league footballer.
Yeah nah, he's had issues for around two years for mine, why was it that even this time last year he was nicknamed by some as steak knives to many a deal and not seen as stand alone value by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back