List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've watched his highlights, looks good. Weidman said he's the best player his played against, like I said though there's concerns he could be a Matt Watson with lack of pace. Will he even be around at 15?

But this is Buckerara giving a stamp of approval which I rate highly.

Callum Twomey rated him 19th today so hopefully he slides to one of our picks if we keep them.

I've watched his highlights, looks good. Weidman said he's the best player his played against, like I said though there's concerns he could be a Matt Watson with lack of pace. Will he even be around at 15?

Lack of pace might be due to being 100kg . . .

Its called an opinion.

Lots to like about the kids coming through this year, Reiwoldt is an outstanding captain who can't not have a huge influence on the culture, therefore it must be decent.
He's cooked.

Best years are gorne!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Purely a money thing?
My first thought. Given the public statements about our salary cap, one has to assume HFC did not offer Carlisle any where near $650,000 a year, as reported St Kilda offered him.

If you accept that our offer was lower, offset by the likelihood of immediate on-field success (and a thorough football education from the best run, best coached, and most complete football organisation in history) then Carlisle clearly went for the $$$.

Correct me if i'm wrong but from my understanding we are out of the running of swapping our two first rounders for a single higher pick (with say a GWS)...supposedly a total points value of more than 200 will be vetoed by the AFL with its new points formula.

Last edited:
Correct me if i'm wrong but from my understanding we are out of the running of swapping our two first rounders for a single higher pick (with say a GWS)...supposedly a total points value of more than 200 will be vetoed by the AFL with its new points formula.
Why would we be out of the running?

What was the article in the sun saying bombers can switch 23 & 25 for 8? Why would gws go for that? Don't they need first round picks and not 2nd round to land hooper and... Kennedy? Is it Kennedy who is the other gws academy player?

Why would we be out of the running?

What was the article in the sun saying bombers can switch 23 & 25 for 8? Why would gws go for that? Don't they need first round picks and not 2nd round to land hooper and... Kennedy? Is it Kennedy who is the other gws academy player?

Found the article.......

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...this-years-draft/story-fnp04d70-1227572077558

AFL clubs are racing to use a potential loophole in the new draft system to secure pick No.8 from Greater Western Sydney.

As the Herald Sun revealed on Friday, the move would be advantageous for the Giants because the points assigned to the Bombers’ picks 23 and 25 combined (1571) are worth more than pick 8 (1551).

GWS will only use pick 8 for its points to use on its star academy players, so technically it won’t matter what lower draft choices the Giants have, so long as it has the required amount of points.

The AFL confirmed to the Herald Sun clubs could go ahead with the GWS picks swap, as long as the total points being exchanged were reasonably equitable.

It is understood a difference of 200 points could be viewed as acceptable, but a greater gap would raise alarm bells for the AFL and potentially get knocked back.

Hawthorn’s picks 15 and 18 total 2097 points — 546 more than pick 8, meaning the AFL would not allow the Hawks and Giants to deal

Found the article.......

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...this-years-draft/story-fnp04d70-1227572077558

AFL clubs are racing to use a potential loophole in the new draft system to secure pick No.8 from Greater Western Sydney.

As the Herald Sun revealed on Friday, the move would be advantageous for the Giants because the points assigned to the Bombers’ picks 23 and 25 combined (1571) are worth more than pick 8 (1551).

GWS will only use pick 8 for its points to use on its star academy players, so technically it won’t matter what lower draft choices the Giants have, so long as it has the required amount of points.

The AFL confirmed to the Herald Sun clubs could go ahead with the GWS picks swap, as long as the total points being exchanged were reasonably equitable.

It is understood a difference of 200 points could be viewed as acceptable, but a greater gap would raise alarm bells for the AFL and potentially get knocked back.

Hawthorn’s picks 15 and 18 total 2097 points — 546 more than pick 8, meaning the AFL would not allow the Hawks and Giants to deal
GWS include 27 and we include Whitecross and there is your loophole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those saying that Carlton will just take Carlisle in the PSD note that it's not as simple as some of you are making out. They can't just grab him if they don't have a list spot available and also I'm pretty sure the player himself can nominate at least a minimum amount irt his contract, which if I recall correctly is how Swans were able to pick him up in the PSD back in 2012 because all the other clubs who could have picked him didn't have the salary cap room.

With picks 15 & 18 I'd back our club to turn good to very good TAC Cup kids (ability-wise) with the right attitude into excellent-great AFL players. I mean, none of us have to be reminded of the improvement of Luke Bruest, Taylor Duryea, Isaac Smith and Liam Shiels since they came into our system, do they ?

On the basis that all recruiters rate the players in the draft differently, and each club has different needs, picks 15 & 18 will in all likelihood deliver us at least 1 player that we rate in the top 10 of the draft.

With picks 15 & 18 I'd back our club to turn good to very good TAC Cup kids (ability-wise) with the right attitude into excellent-great AFL players. I mean, none of us have to be reminded of the improvement of Luke Bruest, Taylor Duryea, Isaac Smith and Liam Shiels since they came into our system, do they ?

Unfortunately the next Bruest, Doc and Smith are going to GWS thanks to the Riverina being zoned to their academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back