List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the consensus on Woody peeps? Will we re-rookie, or might there be another plan in store?
I was under the impression that he would definitely be picked up on the Rookie list.

I was under the impression that he would definitely be picked up on the Rookie list.
Yeah....i dont know much bout this stuff but theres been talk of Glass, Nash, Shem on the rookie list, not much room there and one would have to be promoted to fit Nash in? Just wondering if he ties up a spot next year whilst rehabilitating

Yeah....i dont know much bout this stuff but theres been talk of Glass, Nash, Shem on the rookie list, not much room there and one would have to be promoted to fit Nash in? Just wondering if he ties up a spot next year whilst rehabilitating
Glass and shem are international rookies, woody would be normal category.
whoops
Just realised i misread your post.
Back to sleep for me.

Last edited:
Nash is only speculation. Woodward replaces Hardisty on the Rookie list.

International/Cat. B Rookies don't count towards the limit a club's allowed.

Yeah OK. Was trying to beat around the bush, but I think Woody might be rookie list clogging if there's somebody else out there with more upside. There I've said it, sorry
Given what Woodward has gone through I'd be really surprised if the club discarded him. They didn't do it to Bailey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without going through posts to check, I think it was in June. Depending on the speed of his rehab they might be able to play him late next year. But that is all guesswork on my part.

Without going through posts to check, I think it was in June. Depending on the speed of his rehab they might be able to play him late next year. But that is all guesswork on my part.
Yeah well clearly they won't rush it. WX took a while. The difference with WX is that he was in our best 22 before his knees went. Woody is speculative

Yeah OK. Was trying to beat around the bush, but I think Woody might be rookie list clogging if there's somebody else out there with more upside. There I've said it, sorry

Of the 6 rookies on the list, 2 were Cat. B. Of the 4 who were Cat A. 2 of them played all the season in the development squad, 1 of them played a majority of the season in the development squad, and the last of them was only on the rookie list because he was contracted for 2016 and was never in contention for a game for Hawthorn.

our rookies 2015 were

Category A
Grimley (delisted)
Hardisty (delisted)
Miller-Lewis - potential
L.Langford - nepotism

Category B
Heatherley (upgraded to list)
Tatupu - potential

Category A
Miller-Lewis
L.Langford
1. ? (Woodward)
2. ?

Category B
Tatupu - Kiwi
Glass - Irish

Of the 6 rookies on the list, 2 were Cat. B. Of the 4 who were Cat A. 2 of them played all the season in the development squad, 1 of them played a majority of the season in the development squad, and the last of them was only on the rookie list because he was contracted for 2016 and was never in contention for a game for Hawthorn.
Wow OK. Looks like deadwood then
Edit: worth keeping him then

our rookies 2015 were

Category A
Grimley (delisted)
Hardisty (delisted)
Miller-Lewis - potential
L.Langford - nepotism

Category B
Heatherley (upgraded to list)
Tatupu - potential

Category A
Miller-Lewis
L.Langford
1. ? (Woodward)
2. ?

Category B
Tatupu - Kiwi
Glass - Irish
While it's fair to say L.Langford was picked on the back of his father and brothers name there is form in the family of them being late bloomers who are worth the wait. Rookie list is exactly where you have those speculative picks. If he hasn't shown enough by the time the maximum rookie period transpires then he'll be cut without hesitation. Though "enough" may not be as much as we'd like to think based on how long someone like Grimley was able to stay on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back