List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they are the facts.

'By all reports' was/is a turn of phrase that I used.

If you take offense to people calling you 'friend' that'd be a slight worry.

Don't worry about poor old Davo, he hasn't been the same since his balls started scraping the concrete as he trots around with his walking stick. You know how those oldies get mate? :)

To me that seemed like a cheeky shot, that we never really thought would come off. But was worth a punt..
Just the way it seemed to me
I dare say Saints drove a hard bargain when we secured Big Boy, our approach for Carlisle may have forced their hand to give up pick 5. What comes are around goes around.

So here is my list of DFA that I think might be worth a shot:

Zac O'Brien 4
Mathew wattson 1
Alex Brown. 10
Jacob Ballard. 5
Daniel Gorringe 7
Andrew Moore 6
Daniel markworth 3
Aaron Syppos. 9
Harrison Marsh. 8
Brant College 2

I think one of these guys will end up on the senior list & another on the rookie list. The numbering is how I would take them. ( top 6 in particular )
More cannon fodder/manure to look at but it's interesting to think of what might be :)

Last edited:
Zac O'Brien 4
Mathew wattson 1
Alex Brown. 10
Jacob Ballard. 5
Daniel Gorringe 7
Andrew Moore 6
Daniel markworth 3
Aaron Syppos. 9
Harrison Marsh. 8
Bryant College 2
What campus is Bryant College on?

Zac O'Brien 4
Mathew wattson 1
Alex Brown. 10
Jacob Ballard. 5
Daniel Gorringe 7
Andrew Moore 6
Daniel markworth 3
Aaron Syppos. 9
Harrison Marsh. 8
Bryant College 2

I think one of these guys will end up on the senior list & another on the rookie list. The numbering is how I would take them. ( top 6 in particular )
More cannon fodder/manure to look at but it's interesting to think of what might be :)
Josh Glenn?

He's listed at 78kg... If he was closer to say 83-85kg it would look more inviting but hey... Why not! I had a couple more on the list as well but I Thought 10 was a good start.
Had him in my SuperCoach. Played bloody well in his limited appearances. Only 20 too

Zac O'Brien 4
Mathew wattson 1
Alex Brown. 10
Jacob Ballard. 5
Daniel Gorringe 7
Andrew Moore 6
Daniel markworth 3
Aaron Syppos. 9
Harrison Marsh. 8
Brant College 2

I personally know Jacob Ballard and have watched him play quite a few games for Peel Thunder. He won the B&F so it was a bit of a shock that he was delisted. He is a quality young man who deserves a go somewhere - more than happy to see him come to the mighty club.

I personally know Jacob Ballard and have watched him play quite a few games for Peel Thunder. He won the B&F so it was a bit of a shock that he was delisted. He is a quality young man who deserves a go somewhere - more than happy to see him come to the mighty club.
Why do you think he got the chop? Or where can he improve?

Zac O'Brien 4
Mathew Watson 1
Alex Brown. 10
Jacob Ballard. 5
Daniel Gorringe 7
Andrew Moore 6
Daniel markworth 3
Aaron Syppos. 9
Harrison Marsh. 8
Brant College 2

Why / how / why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man this thread is weird,

The 2's have just played in their 3rd straight gf - they would be competitive against most of the non finalists from 2015, list management has allowed AFL quality but borderline 1st teamers Simpkin, Anderson and Suckling to leave to add some younger players,

I would be very surprised if any further delisted FA's are being considered and I'm very surprised Fitzpatrick got a shot, I think it gives you some idea what Wright thinks of the bigs likely available
in the draft

im curious, how many tall defenders do you think we need? Gibson, Frawley, Spangher, Stratton, Brand, Heatherley, is 6 enough?
Gibson isn't a ''tall defender'' statton is more off a utility backman, but granted can play on taller forwards but I think hes more suited to the medium to tall forwards around the 190cm mark same as Gibson. brand and heatherlry are untried and may not cut it (fingers crossed they do) and spangher is handy at his best but that's it.....
If a back up ruckman is what we are after why didn't they try and get giles from the dons?

Gibson isn't a ''tall defender'' statton is more off a utility backman, but granted can play on taller forwards but I think hes more suited to the medium to tall forwards around the 190cm mark same as Gibson. brand and heatherlry are untried and may not cut it (fingers crossed they do) and spangher is handy at his best but that's it.....
If a back up ruckman is what we are after why didn't they try and get giles from the dons?

Gibson plays tall (spoils). Stratton plays tall (marks)

We didn't want a back up ruck. We wanted a back-up ruck that would accept a 1-year deal for unders while not having to trade anything.

We're stockpiling salary cap.

Gibson plays tall (spoils). Stratton plays tall (marks)

We didn't want a back up ruck. We wanted a back-up ruck that would accept a 1-year deal for unders while not having to trade anything.

We're stockpiling salary cap.
giles wouldn't have cost much, maybe one of our late picks would have got it done.

Just had a look at a couple of last years draft threads and both thought Dan Howe would go in the 40's and we picked him up with 31.
It makes me realise that we can presuppose as much as we like but will probably never get close to what the club will actually do. :) Feeling kinda helpless :)
As was mentioned by others this is a long term process and recruiters have been watching these kids for years. I would be interested to know if there are some kids last year that were expected to go high in the draft this year but have fallen off the radar through injury of whatever. Does anyone have any names of these guys? These are the sort of guys I would think hawthorn are astute enough to pick up. Maybe Hawthorn have already had a word with them and they have played possum all year :)

I think Hawthorn are preparing to trade out next years and 2017 1st rounders. part of the reason we were so keen on getting the deal with north.
Under the future trading rules. You have to use 2 1st rounders in 4 years. We are using two 1st rounders this to pick up some valuable players for the transition and to trade in an elite player or 2 over the next 2 years.

I think Wrighty is on to something... somethings brewing down at Waverley.

I think Hawthorn are preparing to trade out next years and 2017 1st rounders. part of the reason we were so keen on getting the deal with north.
Under the future trading rules. You have to use 2 1st rounders in 4 years. We are using two 1st rounders this to pick up some valuable players for the transition and to trade in an elite player or 2 over the next 2 years.

I think Wrighty is on to something... somethings brewing down at Waverley.
Good pick up. So we have our two first rounders for the four years and can go shopping next year. In the meantime bring in some hopefully decent kids. :thumbsu:

Why do you think he got the chop? Or where can he improve?
He's a midfielder and I'm sure the recruitment of Bennell is a large reason for his delisting. Freo have Mundy, Fyfe, Bennell, Neale,Barlow - similar situation to jed Anderson.
I think they realised he would be struggling for opportunity and deserved a chance at another club - Ross spoke highly of JB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back