List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they are the facts.

'By all reports' was/is a turn of phrase that I used.

If you take offense to people calling you 'friend' that'd be a slight worry.

These "facts" - perhaps you can quote them to us.

According to all reports, no, Essendon had nothing to do with it.

Would fail the common sense test too, as ACA had the video BEFORE the trade; not a good position for Essendon to be in at all.

Essendon completely innocent of any wrongdoing again...cool.:cool:

........and given that Essendon have been openly shiity about Carlisle's behaviour and the fact he is leaving would not have prompted a nice little back hander on the way out the door from this outstanding insitution? The timing of the videos release was impeccable.

Essendon completely innocent of any wrongdoing again...cool.:cool:

Granted you may not be familiar with my personal opinion on it, but as far as the ASADA scandal goes I have never claimed Essendon were innocent of wrongdoing.

........and given that Essendon have been openly shiity about Carlisle's behaviour and the fact he is leaving would not have prompted a nice little back hander on the way out the door from this outstanding insitution? The timing of the videos release was impeccable.

The timing was extraordinary, but considering Carlisle had performed 'the act' mere days before being traded, and considering HOW the video was recorded (and re-recorded); how you can think Essendon are responsible is the extraordinary part. It simply offers no value to the club, and as I said earlier, the fact that ACA had the video before he was traded AND approached his manager over it - it simply fails the common sense test.

Granted you may not be familiar with my personal opinion on it, but as far as the ASADA scandal goes I have never claimed Essendon were innocent of wrongdoing.

The timing was extraordinary, but considering Carlisle had performed 'the act' mere days before being traded, and considering HOW the video was recorded (and re-recorded); how you can think Essendon are responsible is the extraordinary part. It simply offers no value to the club, and as I said earlier, the fact that ACA had the video before he was traded AND approached his manager over it - it simply fails the common sense test.

Not making it personal mate but the timing of the whole thing is questionable, that is undeniable. The fact it is ACA does not help either. I am personally privy to some of the stunts they have pulled over the years. Hardly the bastion of ethical reporting considering their staple fare consists diet fads, miracle cures, welfare cheats, shonky builders, negligent doctors, poorly run businesses and corrupt government officials.

Even you would have to understand why the skepticism is real.

I don't subscribe to the theory that Essendon had anything to do with the timing of the release. ACA are entirely scummy enough on their own that they would have sat down in their production meeting and said "When can we drop this so that it has the biggest impact and most exposure?" to which some piss-ant like Ben Fordham (does that flog still exist?) would have said "Wait until just after the trade goes through".

We don't know who you are, mate.
I didn't know you existed until a few minutes ago

So then, tell us why was the video broadcast AFTER Essendon had done such a great deal on Carlisle?

The answer is obvious.

Not making it personal mate but the timing of the whole thing is questionable, that is undeniable. The fact it is ACA does not help either. I am personally privy to some of the stunts they have pulled over the years. Hardly the bastion of ethical reporting considering their staple fare consists diet fads, miracle cures, welfare cheats, shonky builders, negligent doctors, poorly run businesses and corrupt government officials.

Even you would have to understand why the skepticism is real.

Completely. And I in no way mean to imply that ACA (or the broader media for that matter) are in any way known for being the highest standing moral characters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only counter argument here is that we went after Carlisle but I still don't think we are wanting for big defenders.

I dare say he could have flourished at Hawthorn. Strong environment, and he would not have been expected to be 'the' guy.

Completely. And I in no way mean to imply that ACA (or the broader media for that matter) are in way known for being the highest standing moral characters.

Maybe the Saints new about the footage. They approached ACA and said wait on that footage release until after the trade goes through then we can knock a few $k's off his contract when he gets here.;)

There would be a few at Essendon who would have loved Carlisle to end up with us on the back of this too I reckon lol.

Maybe the Saints new about the footage. They approached ACA and said wait on that footage release until after the trade goes through then we can knock a few $k's off his contract when he gets here.;)

There would be a few at Essendon who would have loved Carlisle to end up with us on the back of this too I reckon lol.

Saints were quite blatantly attempting to shaft us on the deal. I wanted to trade him to you blokes for 15 and 18 on that reason alone.

Not specifically a trade that Hawthorn were involved in, but a copy of a post I put on the D&T board:

Very interesting note;

At the members forum last night, a member posed a question as to why Essendon had 'again' be fined by the AFL for breaching the Anti-Doping code. I don't know if any of you recall the incident in question, but here's a link for anyone interested:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-05/essendon-among-four-clubs-fined-for-asada-breach

The answer, given by Rob Kerr, was revealing. He said, very pointedly, that when players go on end of season leave, they are required to do a post season medical, and then attend the administration office to let the club know where they are going and when so that this information can be passed on to ASADA.

Whilst not mentioning Carlisle by name, he 'spat' (for lack of a better word), that a player that had 'quit the club', didn't show for either of these requirements; and the inference was very clear that it WAS Carlisle. Worth noting that Carlisle WAS still under contract at this time, and was obligated to complete these requirements.

In addition, Kerr thanked Hawthorn by name when discussing our off season activities and then stated, and I quote, that 'St Kilda attempted to stitch us up'.

These two pieces of information reaffirmed for me two facts that I thought were reasonably obvious even at the time:

1) Carlisle is an incredibly unprofessional person.
2) St Kilda acted like rank amateurs, and were deliberately attempting to 'under' a deal.

Absolutely deserving of each other. If I was a betting man I dare say in several years this deal is going to be looked at VERY harshly by St Kilda fans.

--------------------------------------------

That angry little man of yours is basically my second favourite performer from the trade period. If not for you blokes coming in, those absolute bloody amateurs at the Saints would have continued to try and be campaigners basically.

So thanks Hawks. :thumbsu:

Can't see the reason for the aggro towards this post. Thanks for the interesting info mate. I for one hope we were never serious about trading for the bloke (as apparently most of the footy world knew about his issues) and that there's some form of payback coming :) strange bedfellows indeed.

We left the trade on the table with Carlisle for a long time, I can only think there was some sort of understanding with Essendon to allow them time to get pick 5.
Either we weren't that into him and there was other things at play or there was nobody else we were interested in so we didn't mind leaving the line to see if we got a bite.

I like to think if we'd got him the club could have handled Carlisle but happy to avoid the mess he comes with

If we're going to use another pick in the draft it will be the one that is/was earmarked for the upgrade of Heatherley. So we'd use pick 76 and Heatherley would be upgraded with 112.

I think you're point still stands though. Don't see us using a pick as late as 76 on a draftee. Unless there's a state level player we're keen on. They'd have to be better than Simpkin though.

if theres only 65 picks in the draft our 4th pick might end up being pick 50 by the time all the dead picks from bids are counted for.....

I reckon it was the manager who knew about the footage and had it suppressed until after the trade was done and deal signed. He and Carlisle had most to gain from the delay and we know the manager actually saw the footage before the story broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back