List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Look all jokes aside if the Club passes on SPP after all the time he has been under their noses I am ok with their decision .

If we take Berry I will be happy as I do like how he plays and he has so much upside. He is second on my wish list @ # 12 ( baring a slider .... yes Taranto I am talking about you )

Gallucci does not inspire me at pick 12. I would be pretty flat after the draft if the recruiting team used such a good pick on him.
I see him in the 20- 25 range.

If we did take Gallucci at 12 the it would be apparent that Gelati is the new dessert of choice.

So let's all hope that either He goes earlier and / or a slider lobs to us .
I don't care which I just would prefer if Gallucci was wearing another jumper in 2017 with out wings.... And I don't mean an East PERTH jumper .

Look all jokes aside if the Club passes on SPP after all the time he has been under their noses I am ok with their decision .

If we take Berry I will be happy as I do like how he plays and he has so much upside. He is second on my wish list @ # 12 ( baring a slider .... yes Taranto I am talking about you )

Gallucci does not inspire me at pick 12. I would be pretty flat after the draft if the recruiting team used such a good pick on him.
I see him in the 20- 25 range.

If we did take Gallucci at 12 the it would be apparent that Gelati is the new dessert of choice.

So let's all hope that either He goes earlier and / or a slider lobs to us .
I don't care which I just would prefer if Gallucci was wearing another jumper in 2017 with out wings.... And I don't mean an East PERTH jumper .

If this were a box ticking exercise for traits that Simmo looks for, Gallucci would be there...

I seem to be repeating myself
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...d-2016-edition.1126802/page-227#post-46315701
Gallucci would be a Duggan style pick IMHO, not sexy, but ticks a lot of boxes. Would be happy if he was there for us to pick.

I do think there are better options at 12 (14), so in that sense I wouldn't be as happy as previously stated ;p

I was sitting back feeling pretty happy with the likes of Logue, Berry, SPP, or maybe a slider like Brodie, SPS, Taranto falling to us at 12. On top of that, potential loss of picks to GWS may see a Setterfield or Scrimshaw upset the apple cart. Starting to think we cannot lose with pick 12. Then someone goes and spoils the day by bringing the name of Gallucci into the equation. Hope this is not a ploy by the commercial department to capture Maurice Mead as a sponsor.

BOND 007 - expect some serious melts is Gallucci is called out for our 1st pick. O'Brien has a lot of leeway here at pick 12, you will feel more shaking than ChristChurch has got of late if the unmentionable happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gallucci is an interesting one. He has some exceptional traits but whether he cant put them all together at an AFL level im not sure on. He has terrific pace and a big leap, good breakaway speed from stoppages and has some real influence when hes on his game. His numbers are quite inconsistent. Has the ability to dominate by foot but he's also inconsistent sometimes. Certainly would not call him vanilla. Hayden Crozier would be a similar(ish) type in terms of his traits and perhaps Gallucci may be likewise suited to a role in defence in which Crozier blossomed this year. If he puts it all together though he will be a great pickup and certainly has outstanding midfield potential.
Suitable for a club like freo with a rubbish defence, sure. But not for one of the best backlines in the league. He might have good attributes but it's not a big priority. I would rather reach for SPP than take gallucci, purely from a needs basis

Gallucci reminds me of Partington a bit, and I wasn't keen on him either.
It's unusual. He's 182cm/78kg, so Luke Shuey size. He topped the vertical leaps and repeat sprints, which matches the tape of him having a good leap / mark and being able to burst from packs (almost). 14.5 beep (Top10). Kicking was a bit up and down - is very capable of lowering the eyes and hitting targets, but also does send some lollipops that aren't quite right. Co-captain for VM and captain of Eastern Ranges, so excellent leadership, and was part of the Academy too. Had big games (5gl, 20possesion; 3gl, 35 possession) during the year too.

He might just be one of those guys that the clubs rate better than BF...

Where are you getting that from? Cavka was never a gun, good runner with ok-good disposal. He was expected to go 30's/40's.... Nelson was expected to go late 20's/early 30's, were there issues there that meant he slid to the 50's?
I thought I read that Cavka's foot issues were known around the league and were the reason he slid in the draft, we just took the risk on him where no other team was willing. I like Nelson, I think we need to move him permanently into the side, no idea if he slid or why if so.
All I'm saying is that I don't think you can say that we've done well in the draft the last 2 years, it's still too early to tell on most of the players we've picked. We haven't picked any guns that stand out as yet and you can categorically say are going to be great players for us.

Gallucci reminds me of Partington a bit, and I wasn't keen on him either.

You reckon?

Partington probably is more justifiably referred to as 'vanilla'. He doesn't have the pace or skill of Gallucci, isn't as good overhead and I doubt would've kicked a bag of five + 21 possessions in a game before. Parto probably wins more of the ball and is a genuine accumulator whereas JG is more damaging and has breakaway pace. The more I think about it the more keen I am on Gallucci at 12.

It's unusual. He's 182cm/78kg, so Luke Shuey size. He topped the vertical leaps and repeat sprints, which matches the tape of him having a good leap / mark and being able to burst from packs (almost). 14.5 beep (Top10). Kicking was a bit up and down - is very capable of lowering the eyes and hitting targets, but also does send some lollipops that aren't quite right. Co-captain for VM and captain of Eastern Ranges, so excellent leadership, and was part of the Academy too. Had big games (5gl, 20possesion; 3gl, 35 possession) during the year too.

He might just be one of those guys that the clubs rate better than BF...

Well he looks capable and shows some skills and does hit the score board nicely.

Not exactly the bull midfielder we really need but certainly not vanilla.....or caramel.

I'm just starting to put put more importance on aggression, tackling (breaking and laying) and goal scoring power.

The modern game is a contested ball winning game and you obviously need to kick goals. Joins the dots I say.

Like all those other Gold Coast ex West Aussies we've poached?

SPP has proclaimed his love for the club and played with East Perth and the boys last year. Grew up supporting the Eagles big time.

At some stage we will get one back, if GC grab him I predict he'll be an Eagles within the the next two seasons.

Such hate for our new draftee Gallucci
hhuhznlv6kfvojcbmilx.jpg

Such hate for our new draftee Gallucci

Not hate more disappointment that we wouldn't be getting a player that was a difference maker or the best available selection at that point.

Nothing wrong with a VW but when you could get a Mercedes Benz for the same price you feel short shrift.

Gallucci is an OK player but I am not sure that his game will transition at the next level into the sort of mid we need. He is a very inconsistent player and thats a concern because he drifts in and out of games.

We all got that your a fan of Gallucci as you have been rooting for him for over a month now.
A safe pick , yes we got that point as well.
The safe pick is fraught with danger as it get you mediocrity.
Mediocrity is not what wins you Premierships.

We pissed away our first round pick last season, so please forgive us for not sharing your enthusiasm for a "safe" pick this season if we pay overs for Gallucci.

Will he be a bust ? No
Will he be best available ??? Time will tell but right now I would be super pissed if we took him ahead of someone like Berry.

Last edited:
I was sitting back feeling pretty happy with the likes of Logue, Berry, SPP, or maybe a slider like Brodie, SPS, Taranto falling to us at 12. On top of that, potential loss of picks to GWS may see a Setterfield or Scrimshaw upset the apple cart. Starting to think we cannot lose with pick 12. Then someone goes and spoils the day by bringing the name of Gallucci into the equation. Hope this is not a ploy by the commercial department to capture Maurice Mead as a sponsor.

BOND 007 - expect some serious melts is Gallucci is called out for our 1st pick. O'Brien has a lot of leeway here at pick 12, you will feel more shaking than ChristChurch has got of late if the unmentionable happens.

Been explained many times that apart from the top 2 or 3 - the rest are quite even. I know a club who thinks Gallucci is top 10 material.
Remember its fast becoming a kicking game

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back